Hey guy's any news on this new mystery model yet? it's all gone quiet
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 19, 2012, 07:29 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,318 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. My money is saved and ready!
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Apr 19, 2012, 07:58 PM
Extremely Twisted
United States, NH, Epping
Joined Oct 2005
2,654 Posts
Soon.
cwojcik is offline Find More Posts by cwojcik
Old Apr 19, 2012, 08:58 PM
liv nvrtd
United States, NC, Salisbury
Joined Jun 2007
190 Posts
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata View Post
Well, according to my Mac... Wonderful picture!

Meta data. You can run but you can't hide.
notruthless is offline Find More Posts by notruthless
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:43 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by astolenpose View Post
Got to put some more packs through the Night Slick, what a blast! Played with the camera trying to get some photos, it's hard to manage the remote for the camera and the remote for the plane at the same time...
Hope you don't mind, I snagged that time lapse and resized it to my iMac screen as wallpaper. You good with that? It's a freakin' awesome picture!
shunyata is offline Find More Posts by shunyata
Old Apr 19, 2012, 09:57 PM
Registered Abuser
United States, CT, Bethlehem
Joined Jan 2012
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunyata View Post
Hope you don't mind, I snagged that time lapse and resized it to my iMac screen as wallpaper. You good with that? It's a freakin' awesome picture!
If you want I can email you the original, had to resize it for the forum. PM me if you want it. Also I'm surprised that information about the photo was preserved when I resized it and exported it, pretty neat.
astolenpose is offline Find More Posts by astolenpose
Old Apr 19, 2012, 10:33 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
Dude, I was so inspired by your pictures I ordered a new Canon 7D today. Son Chris has a 5D for time lapse, he helped me pick out the stuff I need.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:00 PM
Registered Abuser
United States, CT, Bethlehem
Joined Jan 2012
43 Posts
Awesome! The 7D is a killer camera, I nearly bought it but figured the 60D would keep me happy for a few years and still make a great backup body when I upgrade (Plus let me save a few bucks for better glass). Get a good tripod and a remote and you'll be taking sweet long exposure shots/time lapse in no time.

I'll try again tomorrow night and actually try to make it look like something, I was really just going for hover shots last night.
astolenpose is offline Find More Posts by astolenpose
Last edited by astolenpose; Apr 20, 2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 11:38 PM
'tis nothing
United States, CA, Napa
Joined Dec 2011
941 Posts
I can’t wait for the new camera...

Seriously, there is something inherently beautiful about the aspects of 3D flight that is organic - it’s nature, asymmetrical - flying. I know guys fly with a specific idea of what to do, but the execution is organic. It reminds me of a belly dancer, or flamenco, or both together. Fusion. This is not touch and goes with a T-28.

There is something meditative about flying these planes. Your picture captured it perfectly. And it can never be repeated.

You can practice the technique all day long on a sim but when it comes to actually doing it, it’s a one of a kind result. I have no idea what I’m actually doing when I enjoy flying my CY. I just go do it. I don’t care if the technique is off, or what anyone thinks. I’ll drive the CY straight up and then just waggle the sticks any which way. The results can be amazing, what comes out of the mind when you’re not burdened with thinking about it...
Old Apr 20, 2012, 01:47 AM
United Kingdom, Aviemore
Joined Feb 2005
3,244 Posts
Good post Shunyata. Very deep

I was thinking about that photo last night and told a flying mate about it. Do you think it would be possible to actually have a design in mind then go out and fly a pattern to get the shapes and traces you want. Something like a rolling harrier circle then when the circle is done bring it in the centre of the circle and sit there in as steady a prop hang as you can manage. Would it be possible that if the prop hang was steady enough you'd create a ghostly image of the plane surrounded by the traces from the rolling harrier circuit?

mmm I don't want to put much money into a decent camera but I do have a few mates that are deep into photography
Aviefly is offline Find More Posts by Aviefly
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:38 AM
High Tech Red Neck
United States, IL, Lawrenceville
Joined Nov 2011
1,942 Posts
Hey guy's! Haven't been on here much latley. Our 8 1/2 year old yellow lab Belle has went into kidney failure,and is fighting for her life at the animal hosp. She is my constant companion,and goes everywhere with me. The Vet thinks she will recover,but with the kidney damage,and putting her on a special diet,she could live 6-9 months longer after she get's out. Nothing tears at your heart,like watching your best friend/companion struggle for their life,and there's nothing you can do. The last 2 says I've found how lonley you can be,when someone in your life is gone. My wife and I have both been crying every time we think about her. She is so gentle,and loving! She allways meets people with a big smile,tail wagging,and a kiss,if they bend over close to her face. She is a fighter,and strong willed. At the Vet's she walked in got on the scales,then into the exam room. After the blood work the vet said,he couldn't believe how she was able to walk on her own,wagging her tail,and being happy to see everyone. He said the toxin levels in her blood were so high,that most dogs would have to be carried in. I told him that she had went on her 2 mile walk that morning with her mommy Polly ( my wife) them laid down and rested. Although she haden't eaten anything in 2 day's. He just shook his head,and said amazing! Your thoughts and prayers for Belle will be appreciated. Ron
Ron_Dog is offline Find More Posts by Ron_Dog
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: The Alias,a Love,Hate,Affair!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 08:46 AM
United States, GA, Atlanta
Joined Mar 2008
3,789 Posts
Hope the pup gets better Ron! She is a faithful friend
bigmoebbq is offline Find More Posts by bigmoebbq
Old Apr 20, 2012, 09:57 AM
3D Hack
United States, IL, Glen Carbon
Joined Jul 2010
1,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Dog View Post
Hey guy's! Haven't been on here much latley. Our 8 1/2 year old yellow lab Belle has went into kidney failure,and is fighting for her life at the animal hosp. She is my constant companion,and goes everywhere with me. The Vet thinks she will recover,but with the kidney damage,and putting her on a special diet,she could live 6-9 months longer after she get's out. Nothing tears at your heart,like watching your best friend/companion struggle for their life,and there's nothing you can do. The last 2 says I've found how lonley you can be,when someone in your life is gone. My wife and I have both been crying every time we think about her. She is so gentle,and loving! She allways meets people with a big smile,tail wagging,and a kiss,if they bend over close to her face. She is a fighter,and strong willed. At the Vet's she walked in got on the scales,then into the exam room. After the blood work the vet said,he couldn't believe how she was able to walk on her own,wagging her tail,and being happy to see everyone. He said the toxin levels in her blood were so high,that most dogs would have to be carried in. I told him that she had went on her 2 mile walk that morning with her mommy Polly ( my wife) them laid down and rested. Although she haden't eaten anything in 2 day's. He just shook his head,and said amazing! Your thoughts and prayers for Belle will be appreciated. Ron
I figured something was up since you have been pretty quiet lately.

Best wishes for a fast and full recovery for Belle.
JC Spohr is offline Find More Posts by JC Spohr
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: About Me
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Dec 2009
70 Posts
Hey Good Luck with everything Ron
I can see that your dog is a big part of your guys' lives.

Recover well and recover fast Belle!
savagedub78 is offline Find More Posts by savagedub78
Old Apr 20, 2012, 11:59 AM
RC Toys R 4 White Trash
Joined Dec 2008
4,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_Dog View Post
Absolute thoughts and prayers Ron.
Dan5.0 is offline Find More Posts by Dan5.0