HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by johnbyrne, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 03, 2011, 09:58 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,182 Posts
Trader Rating: 84
For Sale
TRADE - Want to Trade my Super Clean Trex 450 for your DLG

I've tried to trade this before for a DSLR camera but finally bought what I wanted new. I did list it once here but no response so I figured I'd try again. Here are the specifics:

Metal carry case (some dings ... hey it did its job)
T-Rex SE silver Carbon
Align 430XL
Align 35G
3 Hitec HS65MG
Futaba 401 gyro w/ Futaba 9650 digital on tail
BEC 3A switching
Align 325 carbon blades
Canomod skull canopy
Trueblood dampers installed

A few spares I know I have and can go with it depending on trade:
2 sets of Align 325 carbons NIP
Align 325 Pro woodies used but in great shape
Several sets of older Align blades (original heavy type)
Align main gear autorotation (HS1218)
Stock practice canopy (nothing special - not sure where it is at moment also)

NOTE: I'm not going to trade the batteries or charger. I need the charger and the packs are older now and I wouldn't want to sell them at this point. New packs are cheap and better than what I have

I'm looking for a good DLG. While I've not thrown one, I'm a power racquetball player and I play Ultimate so throwing hard is what I like doing. Thus, I need something that can take a hard launch as I learn how to do it cause I'm going to throw it hard ... right or wrong . I would like a kit but a built plane is fine if in good condition. The heli is near perfect and still a very good heli with nice components. I can take as many pics as you want and we can (should) talk via phone.

I suggest both parties be responsible for shipping costs of their good and each item be fully insured, delivery confirmation required, and we offer a return policy if not satisfied (you will like this heli though). If we return items, we pay again shipping back each.

disclaimer: If you do not have an established trader rating I reserve the right to not trade. Thus, if you do not have this then let me know and we can talk. Be prepared to provide pics with a newpaper/name in it, phone numbers, and home address (I will do same).

Please let me know if you are interested.

Thanks
John
johnbyrne is offline Find More Posts by johnbyrne
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2011, 10:21 AM
Time for me to Fly...
United States, MI, Fenton
Joined Jan 2000
8,602 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
Interesting. I too have recently been bitten hard by the DLG craze.
I wish you luck. If you have success, I will try the same with my Trex 450 SEv2.
Mr. Wiz is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Wiz
Old Oct 03, 2011, 10:48 AM
Aurora Builder
United States, MD, Lusby
Joined Nov 2003
3,450 Posts
Trader Rating: 15
Good luck, I think you are better off selling the Trex 450 separately and buying a DLG with the money. There are plenty of good DLG's out there to learn on, you will beat up your first plane. Topsky kit is $220 and plenty good enough to learn with.
samc99us is offline Find More Posts by samc99us
Old Oct 03, 2011, 10:56 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,602 Posts
I agree, Sam. I'm already getting it ready along with several other things that need to be sold to fund the new obsession.

I think the plane you offered for sale the other day would make a good first DLG for someone. I'm looking at raising funds for DLG #3.
Old Oct 03, 2011, 11:14 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,182 Posts
The best way to sell something like this is to break it up and sell parts. I hate to break this bird up though, just too pretty . I've set out to do just that several times but I just couldn't bring myself to it. I sure would like to get it in the hands of someone who will fly it. I've been too scared to do much more than hover with it ha ha ha.

You guys could be right but I figured nothing lost by posting first.
Old Oct 03, 2011, 02:20 PM
Chuck 'Em and Chase 'Em
United States, NY, Plainview
Joined Aug 2005
8,115 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
got one just like it sitting assembled on my shelf except with a Logitech 2100T gyro and Jr 3400 tails servo. Never got the skills or the nerve to fly it but it sure looks purdy. Still playing with the other 5 helis though.... but I still suck..

best of luck with the sale/trade. For me, DLGs are just too addicting.......

Frank
Fly2High is online now Find More Posts by Fly2High
Old Oct 03, 2011, 02:47 PM
Mike M.
United States, UT, Eden
Joined Jan 2010
5,065 Posts
Trader Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2High View Post
...For me, DLGs are just too addicting......
+1.
I don't think there are many DLG guys wanting to trade one for a heli. Once you taste the DLG drug, other forms of RC seem to loose some of their savor. All my power planes and slopers that haven't already been sold are collecting dust on the shelves of my shop. I may be wrong, but I agree with the others that say it's probably best to advertise and sell you heli to the rotorheads in the heli forum. Then spend the money on a DLG.
like.2.fly is online now Find More Posts by like.2.fly
Old Oct 03, 2011, 09:10 PM
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2004
211 Posts
Trader Rating: 5
+2
You can have my garage full of power planes and 3D planes, but could only pry my DLGs from my cold dead fingers!

-Robin
rhoon is offline Find More Posts by rhoon
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:09 AM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,182 Posts
Gotta believe someone out there has too many planes (if that is possible) and would like this heli. Fingers crossed still. I'd love to give DLGs a try
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:18 AM
Time for me to Fly...
Joined Jan 2000
8,602 Posts
John,

Sell it and then go to the Handlaunch forum and look up The Builder. He has a great little hand made kit called the Mystress that he sells quite reasonably. I have a pair of them on order myself.
Old Oct 04, 2011, 01:30 PM
Jeremy D Stott
Ogden, Utah
Joined Nov 2004
4,822 Posts
Trader Rating: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by like.2.fly View Post
+1.
I don't think there are many DLG guys wanting to trade one for a heli. Once you taste the DLG drug, other forms of RC seem to loose some of their savor. All my power planes and slopers that haven't already been sold are collecting dust on the shelves of my shop. I may be wrong, but I agree with the others that say it's probably best to advertise and sell you heli to the rotorheads in the heli forum. Then spend the money on a DLG.
I agree. I sold my T rex and never went back. I've owned multiple DLGs and only hunt the DLG forums now...
flyingj is offline Find More Posts by flyingj
Old Oct 04, 2011, 11:50 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
DLG's are awesome! You're doing the right thing! Nothing like throwing something and then flying it higher and higher and higher... It's a trip!!!

"That thing got a motor?" "Nope!" "Well, how the hell did it get up there?" "I threw it!"
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Oct 06, 2011, 01:45 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,182 Posts
I contacted The Builder and you are correct about the Mystress, nice looking bird. It looks pretty much to be what I need but he is backed up on orders for over a month. Thus, I guess I'll leave this up for trades just a bit longer (you never know) and then part it out. Thanks for the info guys.
Old Oct 08, 2011, 02:03 PM
Often wrong ("wife")
Deep in the South
Joined Sep 2003
3,182 Posts
You know it is all you guy's fault that this wonderful heli is going to be torn apart and sold in pieces. That is horrible and I blame each of you for spending so much time talking about how great DLGs are and how wonderful throwing them are, blah blah blah. Now I want one but the wife says no till I sell something. So I hope you guys can sleep at night knowing that this very wonderful and beautiful bird is about to be torn apart like a B rated Halloween movie scene and sold to the highest bidder like some sort of illegal auction in a smoke filled back room. Yep, it is your fault for making DLG's sound so interesting and fun.

oh wait, did I just say that out loud?

hmmm

cough

cough ... mmmmm

hey guys, anyone want to trade? Last chance before she goes up forsale .. bump
Old Oct 09, 2011, 07:19 AM
Red Merle ALES
United States, Mt, Helena
Joined Apr 2002
5,638 Posts
Trader Rating: 26
Actually I would love to trade but out of my fleet of five DLG's I just can't stand to part with one of them. I thought about offering to build you one from scratch as the tailboom is already rolled and all I would have to do is the pod and wings but that would take me a couple months as I'm real slow and I have another huge project in order for this winter so I'll have to pass on making you that offer. Sorry.

It's such a beautiful heli too!

Someone at RCGroups, Helifreak, Runyder etc.. will buy it from you. If I hadn't just purchased a Trex 450 a month ago I would have made a money offer. Bummer. Anything to get someone interested in DLG's!

Best of Luck with your new addiction!

Curtis
Montana
Curtis Suter is online now Find More Posts by Curtis Suter
RCG Plus Member