HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 03, 2011, 06:11 AM
Joined Sep 2011
4 Posts
Help!
Fox 19 Engine

Hi people, l'm wondering if the Fox 19 engine(American) can be converted by changing the carb from fixed flight to rc throttle flight.
Any advise will be more than welcome, thanks
peggyf is offline Find More Posts by peggyf
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2011, 06:18 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,453 Posts
If it has a flange mount intake venturi, then yes you could convert it to RC by acquiring a RC carb for it. If the intake is cast into the crankcase it cannot be converted to RC.
The engines that have a carb or intake venturi held on with two small screws can be converted either way by getting a carb or a venturi.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My Low Wing plane
Old Oct 03, 2011, 06:22 AM
Joined Sep 2011
4 Posts
It is flanged, so thats a good start, all l have to do is find one.
Is there any that stand out or better adapted to the Fox 19?
Old Oct 03, 2011, 08:20 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,453 Posts
You have the older Fox two needle carb and the newer Fox .25 Schuerle engine RC carb which is a little larger than the older one. But I do not remember trying to bolt up the new larger carb onto a older .19 or .25 engine. So I don't know if it fits OK. But it looks like it ought to though.
One could machine up an adapter for using some other brand of carb too, such as a small Perry carb.
http://www.foxmanufacturing.com/inde...ndex&cPath=184
The older 2 needle carbs pop up on Ebay from time to time.

In hindsight, I now remember trying out a couple of the newer .25 carbs on a old .25 and they fit OK. At the time I was figuring out which needle valve went with what from a pile of parts I had.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by earlwb; Oct 03, 2011 at 10:21 AM.
Old Oct 04, 2011, 06:04 AM
Joined Sep 2011
4 Posts
Thanks very much for taking the time to answer my question, will try to source a carb or 2.