Joined Jan 2007
467 Posts
Discussion
Winter Indoor Flying

Thought I would pass this on-
Diane
Lazertoyz
---------------------------------------------------

Well group, its time again to begin the indoor flying season!

I have reserved dates in October for Friday October 7th and Friday October 21st 8pm till 10pm. cost is still $15 per pilot. kids under 12 fly free. I thought I would try Fridays or Saturdays if they are available so that none of us has to get up the next morning for work. This might draw more flyers from a longer distance and kids as well. When Fridays or Saturdays are not available the nights will revert to Wednesdays, I will try and post the dates for each month 2 weeks ahead of time. I will be having a raffle on the 2nd date of each month.

also, the GaReat or now Spire has asked us to provide 30-40 pilots to fly indoors on Saturday October 29th. That day will be the grand opening of the pool building and there will be media coverage. They want to demonstrate the various activities that the facilty supports and we are part of it!! the time will be 3:30pm till 5pm on Saturday october 29th and there will be no charge to pilots so consider this a bonus fly date. please plan to attend all 3 fly dates in october. Lets show our support to the sports complex for letting us fly!

Lastly, the big December weekend fun fly is on for 2011. Please tell all you R/C friends to come and have some fun. We will be holding an ETOC qualifier at this event. Winner will receive a new JR 11X radio system and receive an invitation to fly at the ETOC at Toledo in April 2012! See www.hef-rcexpo.com for more info.

any questions?

Chris Justus 440-417-4754
Diane@lazertoyz is offline Find More Posts by Diane@lazertoyz
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2011, 07:56 AM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,168 Posts
Great info! Thanks!
djmoose is offline Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Oct 05, 2011, 04:31 PM
United States, OH, Eastlake
Joined Jan 2007
467 Posts
Bummer! an Update!

Gang,

bad news, the two Friday dates of October 7th and 21st are official canceled, there are highschool football games every Friday during October. I have attended a lot of these games and the parking lot is full and we would not be able to drop off airplanes and park anywhere near the building plus there are people all over the place so it would not be a fun experience. Also, the Saturday October 29th free flying date is canceled as well, the open house for the sports center was postponed indefinitely because some of the new buildings that were being dedicated will not be completed.

Sooooo.... I have reserved one day for October, Saturday the 22nd from 3pm till 5pm. We could probably show up at 2:30pm and if the building is not being used we could start early but the official time is 3-5pm. In the future I will be able to book Friday nights or Saturday nights when HS football season closes out. The good news is, it is supposed to be 70's and sunny this weekend so get those big airplanes out one more time!!!

Chris Justus
440-417-4754
BUT!!!!
There will be a new family rate for indoor flying. With one $15 full pilot entry additional family members between ages 13 and 18 pay $5 each to fly. (3 additional max.) kids under 12 still free.

(thanks for the suggestion mark!!)
Old Oct 05, 2011, 04:45 PM
Joined Jan 2007
467 Posts
Swap meet!

Saturday, 10-8-2011 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Event: 5th Annual CMAC Swap Meet...
Details:
Summit County Fairgrounds - Hospitality Room.
37= 8' tables, 32= Round tables, chairs; we set up and take down everything.

Show opens at 9:00 to the public. Set up at 8:00.

Food, 50/50.
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:48 AM
Joined Jan 2007
467 Posts
Hi all- Friday is the Holiday Fest In Geneva, so who all is going and what are you bringing to fly? what days will you be there?

They have been working hard to make this a great event- hope to see you there! www.hef-rcexpo.com (I think this is the site for more info)
Diane
Old Feb 17, 2012, 05:19 PM
Joined Jan 2007
467 Posts
Flying at the spire tonight Geneva, 8 pm until 10:30 pm Feb 17th, come have fun!