HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2011, 04:04 PM
Joined May 2011
4 Posts
Discussion
mamba monster esc-no throttle!

Hello there,
I've recently bought an E maxx 3903 which was converted to a mamba monster 2200kv motor and esc. I'm using the stock traxxas link 2.4 that came with it. Here is the problem, I have no throttle but have steering. I programed the esc manually with the controller, but still no throttle. when I plug the batteries to the esc, its light is constantly blinking red. When I squeeze the trigger, the light on the esc turns from flicking red to flicking green, and when I release the trigger it goes back to red flicking. I don't have the computer accessories to computer program it. What do you think the problem is?

Thanks for your help people!
Gil
gilshafir is offline Find More Posts by gilshafir
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2011, 08:01 PM
Joined Oct 2011
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilshafir View Post
Hello there,
I've recently bought an E maxx 3903 which was converted to a mamba monster 2200kv motor and esc. I'm using the stock traxxas link 2.4 that came with it. Here is the problem, I have no throttle but have steering. I programed the esc manually with the controller, but still no throttle. when I plug the batteries to the esc, its light is constantly blinking red. When I squeeze the trigger, the light on the esc turns from flicking red to flicking green, and when I release the trigger it goes back to red flicking. I don't have the computer accessories to computer program it. What do you think the problem is?

Thanks for your help people!
Gil
Seen the exact same thing the other night when a brand new RTR system was brought to work by a friend, because it wouldn't work.
Turned out to be a bad Traxxas Link (as per hobby shop he bought it at). It had me buffaloed because I could not get the receiver to bind to my Spektrum transmitter.
Faulty radio still doesn't make sense to me, but hey they used a different Traxxas Link/transmitter and it worked fine??
jmarks is offline Find More Posts by jmarks