HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ex-racr, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:24 AM
AKA Terry Till
Alexandria, VA
Joined Apr 2002
1,466 Posts
Gallery
Prince George's R/C? Warbird event.

September 17th and 18th, PG R/C held it's annual Warbirds rally with giant scale being on Saturday and any scale warbirds being on Sunday. I met up with Chris True Sunday and we flew our jets. I also flew my HK Spitfire, but had a mishap on the first landing
Eric Holmes was there with his camera and snapped some pictures of my Phantom. He did a fantastic job!
I'm really glad I went to it as it was a lot of fun to catch up with old friends and do some flying.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Terry
ex-racr is offline Find More Posts by ex-racr
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 06, 2011, 08:07 PM
United States, FL, Sebring
Joined Feb 2006
7,319 Posts
Nice pics. I just lost my Edo F-4 a few weeks ago when the receiver locked me out. I had the Don's wicked 4800 as well, nice flyer. Watch out for the model getting stuck in a high alpha state. It really needs full moving elevators like the Starmax. Same power system in the Starmax is faster, albiet a little smaller.
Joe 1320 is offline Find More Posts by Joe 1320
Old Oct 07, 2011, 07:09 AM
AKA Terry Till
Alexandria, VA
Joined Apr 2002
1,466 Posts
Hey Joe,
Sorry to hear about that. Mine's getting a little beat up, but it's still a good flyer. The power system impressed my buddy in the pictures enough for him to buy it for one of his planes.
I might be a little prejudiced but the plane looks great in the air. The photographer was really good.
Don't know what I'll do when it meets its end, as there doesn't seem to be an affordable replacement airframe.
Most F-4's have their wings stretched. The EDO one doesn't.
I would definitely get another. Probably mod it a little based on what I've done to this one.

Terry
ex-racr is offline Find More Posts by ex-racr