|Oct 02, 2011, 01:05 AM|
Esky King 3 setup wrt Belt CP v2 setup
I bought a new Esky belt CP V2 the week this week for 2 reasons:
(1) To get the Esky stock pitch and rpm settings for this 450 heli:
- A couple of weekend ago I made the mistake of changing too many settings (namely setting the subtrims to zero and putting a new throttle and pitch curve) on my Walkera 2801pro tx and then trying to fly it so that I lost control of my 450pro clone resulting in broken blades and a bent main shaft. Thankfully everything else survived.
The main killer for me was the combination of the throttle and pitch curves which when spooling up took the heli off the ground with a torque twist which was reversed in direction when cutting the power. Adding changes to the aileron and elevation subtrims just made the situation beyond my capabilities at this point.
Anyway part of the idea was to get hold of a new heli and use the standard settings as a base for all my other CP helis. Excellent excuse for to get a new heli
(2) Because I like a light 450 size heli.
- After building my 450pro heli I realized that it's no light weight. Stable it was, when it flew, but I know it will probably be more efficient hauling less weight around. I prefer efficiency.
DATA: Esky Belt CP V2 Standard Throttle & Pitch* Curve Settings
(*Pitch tuning knob on the Esky ET-6I controller at middle position)
Stick Position Pitch Angle(Normal/Idle Up) RPM
- 100% (Highest) +11 / +11
- 75% +8.5 / +5.5
- 50% +7 / +1 ~2500
- 25% +4 / -4.5 ~1250
- 0% (Low) +2 / -7 0
(Note: I'm not sure if the optical RPM counter I was using was working properly since the display at a given throttle stick position did not seem to stabilize ranging up to +/- 200 rpm. Also despite weighing the heli down I did not test the rpm past 50% for safety reasons)
This model was also the best choice for my new heli because:
- It's a popular 450 size heli.
- Parts are widely available from my LHS and on ebay and cheaper than parts for my King 3.
- There's quite a lot of exposure for this heli (YouTube, reviews, etc.).
- My Phoenix simulator has this model.
So with this I set my Walkerized King 3 with these settings:
Stick Position Pitch Angle(Normal / Tx Curve Pt Level,%) RPM/Tx Throttle Curve Pt Level,%l
- 100% (Highest) +12 / 62%
- 75% +8.5 / 50%
- 50% +7 / 41% ~2600 (55%)
- 25% +4 / 31% ~1250 (42%)
- 0% (Low) +2 / 27.5% 0
The weather's been rainy so it's wet out on the field. I'll have to test and adjust the settings another day. For now I'm expecting that these settings should be good as a base for soft landings and for sport flying.
Lastly for today, I named my King3 "boxer" because of the cellotape on it that looks like bandages on the fists and face on a boxer.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion esky belt cp setup help please||yurdakut||Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric)||2||Sep 28, 2011 04:38 PM|
|Sold Heli garage sale!!!!! Trex 500/ Esky belt Cp/Small esky v3||rcpilot7321||Garage Sale/Large Lot Ads||0||Sep 24, 2011 01:18 AM|
|Discussion Esky Belt CP / CP V2||B200Driver||Electric Heli Talk||5||Aug 20, 2011 03:24 AM|
|Discussion ESky Belt CP V2 or Honey Bee King 3?||IgnatiusJohan||Beginner Training Area (Heli-Electric)||12||Apr 20, 2010 12:17 PM|
|Discussion Blade SR, Esky King 3, or Esky Belt CP V2||jedi391||Electric Heli Talk||2||Jan 25, 2010 04:29 PM|