HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 01, 2013, 07:21 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
787 Posts
Anyone know what an A490 with chdk is worth? I'm thinking about selling mine. It's ok but I have other cameras that work equally as well. Anyone want to make me an offer in the conus?
Navy Jet Mech is offline Find More Posts by Navy Jet Mech
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 01, 2013, 08:20 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,946 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Jet Mech View Post
Anyone know what an A490 with chdk is worth? I'm thinking about selling mine. It's ok but I have other cameras that work equally as well. Anyone want to make me an offer in the conus?
Seeing as they are discontinued you may get an okay price if someone wants one bad enough. I picked my two up for about $60 each, 1st one was refurbished from BHPhoto, 2nd was brand new from BB Canada.

Someone that does aerial should be interested though, they do a pretty good job for their price.
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Mar 04, 2013, 09:32 AM
Joined Nov 2012
52 Posts
I am looking to get a cheap Canon. On Amazon I see the A2200 for $80, A2300 for $87, and the A2400 for $89. I am leaning towards the A2200 since there is no image stabilization and it seems most here have had positive experiences with it. Hoping I can do both FPV and take pictures. Would this be a good choice?
Oktavius is offline Find More Posts by Oktavius
Old Mar 04, 2013, 10:32 AM
Vermont
Joined Dec 2003
840 Posts
The 2200 has analog where as the 3300 has digital (wish I got the 2200). As the threat says be careful what camera you get for a multirotor. I am picking up a lot of vibration with my 3300, I don't know if its exactly sensor related. Now that being said I just checked my motors and they are not balanced and are creating a lot of vibration. I am going to balance them today, take some shots and get back to you.
spacecase is offline Find More Posts by spacecase
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:03 PM
Joined Nov 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecase View Post
The 2200 has analog where as the 3300 has digital (wish I got the 2200). As the threat says be careful what camera you get for a multirotor. I am picking up a lot of vibration with my 3300, I don't know if its exactly sensor related. Now that being said I just checked my motors and they are not balanced and are creating a lot of vibration. I am going to balance them today, take some shots and get back to you.
Could the image stabilization be an issue? I am going to make sure I isolate the camera as much as possible. So far I think I have done a good job of isolating the flight controller based on log data. Will apply the same for the camera.

Do you know if the A2300 is analog or digital?
Old Mar 04, 2013, 03:34 PM
Vermont
Joined Dec 2003
840 Posts
Not sure about the A2300, but the A2200 has analog. Yes some have indicated you don't want image stabilization. I am super excited I found that vibration on my motors, really need to give that a shot to see if thats where my fuzzy image acquisition is coming from. Man I love CHDK!
spacecase is offline Find More Posts by spacecase
Old Mar 08, 2013, 01:54 AM
Joined Mar 2010
1,128 Posts
[iPHONE Music Video] GOODNIGHT SHINING (9 min 55 sec)
FlyingMcCoy is offline Find More Posts by FlyingMcCoy
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 09, 2013, 11:51 PM
Canada, AB, Lac La Biche
Joined Aug 2010
1,946 Posts
Got both my A490's up for a few pic's of our annual Pond Hockey tournament, was pretty pleased with the results, most of them pretty sharp, even when you zoom in some:

https://plus.google.com/photos/10167...95728072099649
Glenstr is offline Find More Posts by Glenstr
Old Mar 10, 2013, 01:07 AM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
2,999 Posts
Nice. You would be very happy with those. I must get my Lumix flying again. Nice going on those. I like the lighting
uptime4downtime is offline Find More Posts by uptime4downtime
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Learning Turnarounds
Old Mar 10, 2013, 09:03 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
787 Posts
I just got a really good deal on a Sony Cybershot dsc-hx9v hx9v h0.9
Even if it doesn't lend itself well to AP and AV, the videos I've seen are absolutely amazing.
Here is a zoom test.
Sony Cybershot DSC-HX9V zoom test Full HD 1080 50p (2 min 11 sec)

And a stability test.
Sony Cybershot DSC HX9V Stabilization Sample (1 min 12 sec)

On a side note, I have a very nice little Sony Bloggie I'm trying to sell if anyone is interested. Time to clean out the camera drawer before mama starts cutting up my credit cards............
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1848625
Navy Jet Mech is offline Find More Posts by Navy Jet Mech
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 11, 2013, 11:40 AM
Joined Nov 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
Retested A2200 at 500th jpeg only.

...Majority of shots at f8 (it appears these little powershots use either 2.8 or f8, that's it). Probably a little sharper at f8, although corners didn't improve that much I don't think)...
So I received my A2200 last week and was playing with CHDK last night. Couldn't find any fstop adjustment. Found an interesting thread talking about disabling the ND filter forces f/2.8.

http://arch.ced.berkeley.edu/kap/dis...able-for-70/p1

This thread also introduced me to SDM (StereoData Maker) which they mention some benefits over plain CHDK. Anyone here of this?

http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/sdm/index.htm
Old Mar 11, 2013, 12:51 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
2,999 Posts
Hi there. Yes, I don't think u can adjust f stop, but that nd setting may be th trick. You can set shutter speed however. I have heard of Sdm, but stuck with Chdk, simply because I only use one script and it works well.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by uptime4downtime; Mar 11, 2013 at 01:09 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 01:45 PM
Joined Nov 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by uptime4downtime View Post
Hi there. Yes, I don't think u can adjust f stop, but that nd setting may be th trick. You can set shutter speed however. I have heard of Sdm, but stuck with Chdk, simply because I only use one script and it works well.
Played with the camera a bit and it seems to stay at f/2.8 with the ND off. I can't seem to get shutter speed to stick though. If I set Override Shutter Speed to say 1/800 and Value Factor at 1 it displays TV: 1/800 on the screen. When I do a half press that TV value changes (as well as the stock shutter speed indicator at the bottom). Is there something I am missing to fix shutter speed?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:02 PM
Joined Nov 2012
52 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oktavius View Post
Played with the camera a bit and it seems to stay at f/2.8 with the ND off. I can't seem to get shutter speed to stick though. If I set Override Shutter Speed to say 1/800 and Value Factor at 1 it displays TV: 1/800 on the screen. When I do a half press that TV value changes (as well as the stock shutter speed indicator at the bottom). Is there something I am missing to fix shutter speed?
So it seems to work when I run the interval script (alt mode) but not when out of alt mode. Am I supposed to be able to lock in shutter speed outside of alt mode/script?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:17 PM
3d Kiwi
New Zealand
Joined Dec 2007
2,999 Posts
Yes, let me have a go...
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Learning Turnarounds