HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 09, 2012, 07:07 PM
what goes up, must come down..
Joined May 2010
2,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gastolectric View Post
Mate, Bad day all round seemingly... but not to worry the yellow & black version went on the Xmas list last night, will definitely hang on to the useful bits but the foam bits can go.. cowl, top wing that's about all that survived.

If you're gonna stick to 6S then the 295Kv is your only choice to try and swing anything quick enough and I'd say as a minimum an 18x8(for slow flying) but probably need 18x10 to kick it off and refine from there. Must get our act together to team up one weekend.
Yup, I was also thinking of 18x10, or even 19x8 or 19x10
Sticking with 6S only because I have good 6S batts, to get 8s i'd be having to use 2x 5800mah 4S bats, too much weight, and i'd prefer to not have to buy new batts

When she's maidened i'll give you a holler
AussieHoppy is offline Find More Posts by AussieHoppy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back street quad cruisin'
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 16, 2012, 08:08 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ea01bg View Post
SANDMAN
Free shipping isnt going to mean much when your shipped something that is broken , doa, or missing parts and cant get the vendor to make it right. Banana has one of the WORST reps in this hobby.
gastoelectric thanks for the link

see BBB "F" rating 367 complaint(s) filed against business (thats 367 people that they POed bad enough to write a comp;aint wonder how many just sucked it up)
BBB Accreditation

This business is not BBB Accredited.

Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.

To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.

Why Accreditation Revoked
On March 17th 2011, this company's accreditation with the BBB was revoked by the BBB's Board of Directors due to failure to promptly respond to all complaints forwarded by BBB & eliminate the underlying cause of complaints on file with the BBB concerning a pattern of shipping, billing, and product quality related complaints
Did you guys know that an A or a F rating doesn't mean a thing on BBB.
If a buisness is willing to pay the $450 fee, they can get the F grade removed and have an A in less than 48 hours.

Some of the big companies that you do buisness with have poor rating due to they dont want to pay the fee.
IE Wolfgang Puck here in LA has a F rating. Now come on! how can he get a F? its all a scam by BBB
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar
Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:37 PM
Monahans TX
Joined Sep 2010
1,925 Posts
Well, buy exactly what you want at a decent price from a company that has an F rating, or buy something overpriced that's not really what you wanted from a company that has good customer service.
Such is the way of the world today.
A river of tears have been cried by hobbyists, yet only a few have built bridges and gotten over it.

Foamies in kit form are the way to go anyway, and companies with good customer service don't really offer such things.
WestTexasKing is offline Find More Posts by WestTexasKing
Old Sep 08, 2012, 03:35 PM
United States, DE, Seaford
Joined May 2012
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
that is sad, i hate to see rc planes wrecks .it just make me think of my experiences with crashed planes ,and the work and money gone down the drain.
i know how you feel about getting another one. i had a red Dynam peaks(pitts special m12) 42inch wingspan ,and that plane flew so sweet ,but it took alot to get it up . i swore not to get another one. and i couldnt help my self i went and got a yellow one. ive been lurking on this site for a while cause i love pitts specials .but i dont know about this one. i think you should get the new FMS one that just came out . it looks more promising . thats going to be my next biplane
For what it's worth, I bought a dynam peaks extreme from nitroplanes and it is awesome! It has plenty of power to climb straight up and it floats right in for easy landings. Very similar to the one I lost from Banana hobbies. (still waiting on their decision of whether or not they will warranty it). I got the Yellow peaks from dynam as it looks just like the python on my realflight simulator. It's smaller with a 42" wing span though and uses 2200 4s lipo's or 1800's work well in it too with a little less weight.
Sailmac1 is offline Find More Posts by Sailmac1
Old Sep 13, 2012, 08:49 AM
United States, NM, Espanola
Joined Nov 2011
550 Posts
Just did 8 flights over the past couple days and am loving this Pitts
Dan
poziovahim is offline Find More Posts by poziovahim
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:25 AM
AKA, Cheap Chiseler
United States, FL, North Fort Myers
Joined Mar 2012
1,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by poziovahim View Post
Just did 8 flights over the past couple days and am loving this Pitts
Dan
Subscribed
Sculptor is offline Find More Posts by Sculptor
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:21 AM
Doug
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Sep 2012
42 Posts
Watts

Does anyone know what the max watt draw is at full power with the stock propeller is?

It's drawing 101 amps with the 120 ESC, but I need the watt number.

Tkx!
Doug
09RKC is offline Find More Posts by 09RKC
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:20 PM
Joined Sep 2012
202 Posts
Motor, ESC, prop and Battery

Hi All,

Please suggest a replacement motor and prop for this bird...

I have 5000mah 6S, and I am looking for HUGE performance...

I land on a road, so don't want a huge prop length....

Thoughts please.

Thanks
VizBizTas is offline Find More Posts by VizBizTas
Old Oct 21, 2012, 07:52 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Mar 2004
1,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VizBizTas View Post
Hi All,

Thoughts please.

Thanks
contact Jeff at www.headsuprc.com
great customer service
lv2soar is offline Find More Posts by lv2soar
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:15 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Hi All,

Thoughts please.

Thanks
i would go with this motor
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...trunner/Detail

and this prop
Master Airscrew 13 x 8 x 3: 165 oz thrust at 55 amps (1260 watts)
thats about 10 pounds of thrust more than enough power

headsuprc is my go to guy when i need motors n stuff , great guy to deal with and amazingly fast shipping .
THESANDMAN is offline Find More Posts by THESANDMAN
Old Oct 22, 2012, 05:55 PM
Joined Sep 2012
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by THESANDMAN View Post
i would go with this motor
http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...trunner/Detail

and this prop
Master Airscrew 13 x 8 x 3: 165 oz thrust at 55 amps (1260 watts)
thats about 10 pounds of thrust more than enough power

headsuprc is my go to guy when i need motors n stuff , great guy to deal with and amazingly fast shipping .
Thanks
Old Nov 04, 2012, 05:49 AM
Joined Sep 2012
202 Posts
Hi - So yesterday I broke my Std 3 Blades Prop - Motor and spinner fine...

I would like to run Standard 2 blade props from now on, but I have the below questions...

Is the standard motor shaft going to work, or do I have to change it? What do I need to change it to if I need to change it?
What size prop should i change to? I am using a 6S (5000mah 35C) with a 180amp ESC.
Any Hobby King Part Numbers for the bits I need? Shaft? Spinner? Props?

Please Help.

Thanks
Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:19 AM
Joined Nov 2011
550 Posts
Quote:
Hi - So yesterday I broke my Std 3 Blades Prop - Motor and spinner fine...

I would like to run Standard 2 blade props from now on, but I have the below questions...

Is the standard motor shaft going to work, or do I have to change it? What do I need to change it to if I need to change it?
What size prop should i change to? I am using a 6S (5000mah 35C) with a 180amp ESC.
Any Hobby King Part Numbers for the bits I need? Shaft? Spinner? Props?

Please Help.

Thanks
I simply used a thread die and cut the grooves further down the shaft and put a Master Airscrew 18x10 classic on her with no spinner!
I have 58 flights on it now and love this bird
Dan
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:21 PM
United States, DE, Seaford
Joined May 2012
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexasKing View Post
Well, buy exactly what you want at a decent price from a company that has an F rating, or buy something overpriced that's not really what you wanted from a company that has good customer service.
Such is the way of the world today.
A river of tears have been cried by hobbyists, yet only a few have built bridges and gotten over it.

Foamies in kit form are the way to go anyway, and companies with good customer service don't really offer such things.
For what it's worth, Banana hobby has taken care of my issues with my pitts hybrid and sent me a new one so their customer service has definitely improved over what I've seen on the internet. This is my first experience with them, but they took good care of me so I will be purchasing more from them. Maybe even the fms biplane!! I do love this pitts hybrid though!!
Sailmac1 is offline Find More Posts by Sailmac1
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:30 PM
Joined Nov 2011
550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailmac1 View Post
For what it's worth, Banana hobby has taken care of my issues with my pitts hybrid and sent me a new one so their customer service has definitely improved over what I've seen on the internet. This is my first experience with them, but they took good care of me so I will be purchasing more from them. Maybe even the fms biplane!! I do love this pitts hybrid though!!
I love mine too! But I am getting the FMS version also! Get to use the same batteries too! Gotta luv it
Dan