Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 01, 2011, 11:34 AM
Have you seen my nut?
Omaha, Nebraska
Joined Mar 2006
2,417 Posts
Discussion
Banana Hobby 63" Pitts

Ok, I love bips and I am trying to figure out how I can fit this into a car. I think my wife will probably buy it for herself...lol These foamies just get better and better. I have to say first time I seen a stock foamy that could actually hover and pull out from it.

Pitts RC 3D Biplane SNEAK PEAK! In HD! (3 min 20 sec)
Lithonion is offline Find More Posts by Lithonion
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2011, 09:09 PM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,638 Posts
Any specs, weight, etc., known?
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Oct 02, 2011, 03:37 AM
Fly More Crash Less
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Sep 2007
1,307 Posts
I am very intrigued as well. If it actually flies 3D I might have to invest in one even though it is from BH.
AZAerobat is offline Find More Posts by AZAerobat
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:38 AM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Hello Lithonion! Thank you for your interest and posting the video here! Let me take moment and write a bit about this Pitts. So far, this is the most stable platform in a Stock Out of the box EPO foam Pitts to perform in this fashion. Especially in the 63" wingspan area. I own a E-Flite Carbon Z Yak and this Pitts flies aerobatics and especially in the hover department, is 10 times easier and more predictable than the Carbon Z Yak. The video was my third flight and I still have not programmed expo's and travels where I would like it. Already, I was doing rollers and harriers and a couple torque rolls. This Pitts is absolutely box stock as shown in the video. Right down to the lipo used. It is basic 4 channel so any 4CH and or above radio will be fine. I don't have much more info as I am still testing. So far, back to back flights yielded great all around performance. She a floater for sure. Inverted harriers are vertical draggin' rock solid! High Alpha Knife Edge passes so smooth! Lipo would be 6s 4000mah to 6000mah. The battery area is HUGE. Plenty of room to move the lipo forward and back for each pilots CG likes. The main wings are removable. The wing wires will be on clevis' and removable as well. Once I have more info, I will post up more. I know for sure grass fliers will be fine. The wheels are huge and clearance is hefty! That 3 Blade propeller is amazing! Sounds amazing and power is great!

Regards,

Pete
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Oct 02, 2011, 10:03 AM
Joined Jul 2011
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby View Post
Hello Lithonion! Thank you for your interest and posting the video here! Let me take moment and write a bit about this Pitts. So far, this is the most stable platform in a Stock Out of the box EPO foam Pitts to perform in this fashion. Especially in the 63" wingspan area. I own a E-Flite Carbon Z Yak and this Pitts flies aerobatics and especially in the hover department, is 10 times easier and more predictable than the Carbon Z Yak. The video was my third flight and I still have not programmed expo's and travels where I would like it. Already, I was doing rollers and harriers and a couple torque rolls. This Pitts is absolutely box stock as shown in the video. Right down to the lipo used. It is basic 4 channel so any 4CH and or above radio will be fine. I don't have much more info as I am still testing. So far, back to back flights yielded great all around performance. She a floater for sure. Inverted harriers are vertical draggin' rock solid! High Alpha Knife Edge passes so smooth! Lipo would be 6s 4000mah to 6000mah. The battery area is HUGE. Plenty of room to move the lipo forward and back for each pilots CG likes. The main wings are removable. The wing wires will be on clevis' and removable as well. Once I have more info, I will post up more. I know for sure grass fliers will be fine. The wheels are huge and clearance is hefty! That 3 Blade propeller is amazing! Sounds amazing and power is great!

Regards,

Pete
G'day pete, long time view first time poster

thanks for taking the time to tell us about the plane, i myself love Pitts style planes espically after owning a umx beast so seeing this really got the juices flowing, the planes looks to fly excellent and the added bonus that its foam is fantastic, i know its early in production but just out of interest will there be full suppy of parts to go along with it ie wings ect, someones foam planes wings break beyond repair so was just curious if this will also have available fully stocked parts???

cheers pete and keep up the great youtube videos, i check every week to see what you have new
keithy351 is offline Find More Posts by keithy351
Old Oct 02, 2011, 02:58 PM
Fly More Crash Less
Joined Sep 2007
1,307 Posts
This is borrowed from the HK sttiP thread. We have been talking about this bird over there as well but I am pointing everyone to this thread now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestTexasKing View Post
It's a model 12 Pitts, totally redesigned from the old S2 we call the sttiP with new wings, tail feathers, and an M14P radial putting out between 360-450HP.
"The Beast" is a popular M12 Pitts...
Runs on 3300 6S lipos, looks like it's a foamie, and best of all it's a 63" wingspan qualifying it as a giant scale biplane

Old Oct 02, 2011, 03:51 PM
Israel Montoya
Joined Jan 2007
382 Posts
Nice Plane!

Nice Planes! More info please!
crackup007 is offline Find More Posts by crackup007
Old Oct 02, 2011, 04:25 PM
LE MANS, France
Joined Oct 2010
249 Posts
Hi,
here are spec from the manufacturer:
Pitts-12
Wingspan 1600mm
Length 1488mm
Fly weight 3800g
Motor 4558 KV600
ESC 80A (maybe 100A)
Battery: 22.2V-3700
4pcs 9g servo, 2pcs 17 or 25g servo

Would be available in those schemes:

Chris
HLC SHOP is offline Find More Posts by HLC SHOP
Old Oct 02, 2011, 05:33 PM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
Evansville IN
Joined Aug 2004
1,077 Posts
Anything on price yet?
olezippi is online now Find More Posts by olezippi
Old Oct 02, 2011, 05:58 PM
Fly More Crash Less
Joined Sep 2007
1,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olezippi View Post
Anything on price yet?
+1 How Much?
Old Oct 03, 2011, 01:16 AM
LE MANS, France
Joined Oct 2010
249 Posts
I think price would be around 250$, but only Pete will give you right price.
HLC SHOP is offline Find More Posts by HLC SHOP
Old Oct 03, 2011, 11:38 AM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Hey pilots! Here are some photos. I will share more details as soon as I have some time to write! Enjoy the photos!

Regards,

Pete

banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Oct 03, 2011, 12:07 PM
*It Ain't Lookin Good*
Evansville IN
Joined Aug 2004
1,077 Posts
Pete,

Nice pics. Looks like exhaust tubes from a 26cc gasser hanging down. Was the idea to emulate a gas engine installed? I see no exhaust outlet on the bottom of the fuse. Where is the hot air escaping?
olezippi is online now Find More Posts by olezippi
Old Oct 03, 2011, 12:37 PM
Team 3DHS
USA, OH, Macedonia
Joined Jul 2009
3,216 Posts
HLC, which company is making this one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC SHOP View Post
Hi,
here are spec from the manufacturer:
Pitts-12
Wingspan 1600mm
Length 1488mm
Fly weight 3800g
Motor 4558 KV600
ESC 80A (maybe 100A)
Battery: 22.2V-3700
4pcs 9g servo, 2pcs 17 or 25g servo

Would be available in those schemes:

Chris
djmoose is online now Find More Posts by djmoose
Old Oct 03, 2011, 01:33 PM
Fly More Crash Less
Joined Sep 2007
1,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmoose View Post
HLC, which company is making this one?
+1

Thanks for the pics Pete do you have an ETA on it yet? A few months? Next Year?

Moose nice to see ya. Good show last week BTW. I am also really digging the should I buy it episodes. Great insight especially on the Stagger Wing. I was looking at it intensely as well. I am going to pass based on the size VS the cost.