HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 01, 2011, 04:24 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2011
92 Posts
Discussion
Solo pro II, Honeybee V2 FP or..

I am completely new to the hobby RC world. I have played around with 2 micro heli toys before. But I really got interested after my girlfriend gave me a 600 size helitoy. It's a monster and I can't fly it indoors. Outside is also no fun since with a little breeze it all over the place.

After some research I found the honey bee fp and the solo pro. I want to start with fp and then move to cp ( eventually). I am located in china so e-flight is not an option, difficult to get.
Nine eagles and esky are easy to get here as wel as the spare parts and upgrades.

I just can't decide which one to get: It's small so I can fly it indoors, but outdoors will be difficult ( in case my girlfriend get tired of the noise).

The honeybee is larger and thus a bit more stable but I can't fly it indoors.

I would like to fly outside but practising might not be a good idea: laowai+
Helicopter= crowd+ practice= danger.

I would like to get some feedback on both helicopters and tips on how to start.

thanks!
Sonicg is offline Find More Posts by Sonicg
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2011, 04:59 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,329 Posts
I have owned both. The Solo Pro is mainly an indoors helicopter. It is self stabilizing and is ideal for learning hovering and slow flight. The HBFP is a non-stablizing fixed pitch helicopter. It is actually very difficult to learn to fly on it. There is also a question mark over its future as Esky seemed to have disappeared for over a year and then appeared again.

I would think the Solo Pro is more suitable in your situation. If you are in China, I would consider Walkera as well. Their technology is more advanced than Esky or Nine Eagles. The CB100 is more precise than the Solo Pro and is quite durable as well. The V200D01 and V200D02 flies pretty well and has a good following. Finally, the Genius CP has just come our and it is looking brilliant, although it may be too much for a beginner.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Last edited by zadaw; Oct 01, 2011 at 05:17 AM.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 02:35 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Sep 2011
92 Posts
I have ignored walker thus far because I picked up negative fine towards walkera on this forum.
I've looked into the cb100 and I think it's actually quite nice but over twice the price of the solo pro. But the helicopter seems more advanced indeed.

Now I have more options to choose from... Difficult
Sonicg is offline Find More Posts by Sonicg
Old Oct 05, 2011, 03:04 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,329 Posts
If you are in China, you have lots of local expertise with Walkera as it dominates the low end market. You have to be very selective about which Walkera model to get. The design of Walkera helis is usually more complicated than than of Eflight and Nine Eagles, which means that more that can go wrong. But design factors aside, there is not really much different in terms of the reliability of the electronics.

The main reason why some people here are so keen on Eflight helis is because of their warranty and parts availability in America. But the situation is completely different overseas, and it is not even sold in China. The Solo Pro is a highly regarded model, but recent models released by Nine Eagles such as the 328 and Solo Pro 180D have been heavily criticized. The Solo Pro will be more crash resistant than the CB100 and so it may be a better option for you.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw