HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2011, 08:29 PM
San Diego
Joined May 2008
38 Posts
Discussion
CANCELED -- 9021X 3D funfly event in So-Cal (Nov 18-20 2011)

Hello Pilots,

It is unfortunate that our event 9021X, to be held on November 18-20 at the Palomar field, has been canceled due to noise limitations.
The Palomar R/C club’s board could not come to terms on issues that would have made this a great event.
I am deeply sorry for any expectations/inconveniences this has caused.

Any pilots/vendors that have pre-registered for the event will be directly reimbursed immediately through PayPal.

Sorry

If you have any questions
Please contact: our club president, Joe Buko

9021X 3D fun fly event Nov 18th – 20th 2011.
This event will be hosted at Johnson Field located in Escondido, north of San Diego. This field is also the home of Heli FunFly every spring. Our event will be held this fall for Gas and Electric planes.

What is it?
The goal is to bring a group of quality vendors together which in turn will bring pilots and guests/spectators to our field. The emphasis will be freestyle aerobatics, flying in a low key setting, for both gas/electric planes of all sizes. There will be time set aside for noontime vendor demos, there is no formal competition leaving 3 days of flying for the pilots.

Who participates
We are currently advertising and planning for this year's event and expecting 10+ vendors and at least 40+ pilots, plus a large spectator crowd. Our focus is on fun for our pilots and spectators, bringing in a group of quality vendors who will be offering a great list of raffle prizes. Southern California is ready for an event of this caliber and will be making this an annual funfly. You can see from our Event Schedule, listed on our website, that we will have plenty of things to do and plenty of space for everyone to participate. Overnight camping is welcome.

More Info
We have also launched a dedicated website that provides details, including links to our sponsors and daily schedule of activities.
For details and sign-up please visit www.FreeStyleShootout.com

Please contact:
Arnon
Email: arnon.brouner@cox.net
C U
brounera is offline Find More Posts by brounera
Last edited by brounera; Nov 01, 2011 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Club's politics
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:41 PM
Honey...it's my last one.
United States, CA, Vista
Joined Jul 2011
14 Posts
Can't wait, should have the new Slick done just in time
rcjocky is offline Find More Posts by rcjocky
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 15, 2011, 09:08 AM
I like the violent stuff!
Costa Mesa, CA
Joined Oct 2004
1,220 Posts
Sounds like fun, I'll let the West Coast 3D Crew know about this one. There just are not enough 3D events!
Wingin' Wayne is offline Find More Posts by Wingin' Wayne
Old Oct 16, 2011, 01:23 AM
" I only fly Davebuilt"
north county san diego
Joined Jan 2011
266 Posts
cmon and join us at a beautiful flying site

Quote:
Originally Posted by brounera View Post
Hello Pilots,

9021X 3D fun fly event Nov 18th – 20th 2011.
This event will be hosted at Johnson Field located in Escondido, north of San Diego. This field is also the home of Heli FunFly every spring. Our event will be held this fall for Gas and Electric planes.

What is it?
The goal is to bring a group of quality vendors together which in turn will bring pilots and guests/spectators to our field. The emphasis will be freestyle aerobatics, flying in a low key setting, for both gas/electric planes of all sizes. There will be time set aiside for noontime vendor demos, there is no formal competition leaving 3 days of flying for the pilots.

Who participates
We are currently advertising and planning for this year's event and expecting 10+ vendors and at least 40+ pilots, plus a large spectator crowd. Our focus is on fun for our pilots and spectators, bringing in a group of quality vendors who will be offering a great list of raffle prizes. Southern California is ready for an event of this caliber and will be making this an annual funfly. You can see from our Event Schedule, listed on our website, that we will have plenty of things to do and plenty of space for everyone to participate. Overnight camping is welcome.

More Info
We have also launched a dedicated website that provides details, including links to our sponsors and daily schedule of activities.
For details and sign-up please visit www.FreeStyleShootout.com

Please contact:
Arnon
Email: arnon.brouner@cox.net
C U

C'mon guys....especially the 3D flyers who are in LA, Orange and San Diego counties, Imperial and Central Valley, or anyone else who is 3-4 hrs or less from Fallbrook California!!!! Palomar has great site and with lots of room for overnight camping and has ideal flying conditions. I'm going to put LED lights on my 78" EF Extra 300 for the Saturday night electric contest. Would love to meet all of the people I talk to or get ideas/ advice from on this forum. Palomar just hosted the Heli freak fun fly and OVER 150 PILOTS attended! The club put on an amazing event....lets show them what the 3D plane guys can do!!!! I plan on bringing my rig out to camp for the full 3 days....would love meet and fly with all who can attend. PM me if you have any questions.

James

Here are a few videos of what the field and surrounding area look like.

Extreme Flight Extra 300 3D Go Pro HD Video (7 min 52 sec)

Extreme Flight 78" Extra 300 take off , torque rolls, to landing in 17 seconds (0 min 18 sec)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts4Q...e_gdata_player
wrjames38 is offline Find More Posts by wrjames38
Old Oct 16, 2011, 09:51 PM
San Diego
Joined May 2008
38 Posts
Actually, James will have his own show (as seen above) at this event
J.K
C U soon
-A
Old Oct 17, 2011, 05:45 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Sep 2010
2 Posts
Gonna be a good weekend. Someone should put together a BBQ.
JeremySoCal is offline Find More Posts by JeremySoCal
Old Oct 18, 2011, 04:06 PM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jun 2011
3 Posts
Sounds like a fun event! Watch the show and learn some skills! I can't wait.
Huckleberry1 is offline Find More Posts by Huckleberry1
Old Oct 19, 2011, 11:15 AM
San Diego
Joined May 2008
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySoCal View Post
Gonna be a good weekend. Someone should put together a BBQ.
There will be a BBQ for sure.
The famous A&J BBQ will be there.
-A
Old Nov 01, 2011, 10:34 AM
San Diego
Joined May 2008
38 Posts
Event canceled

It is unfortunate that our event 9021X, to be held on November 18-20 at the Palomar field, has been canceled due to noise limitations.
The Palomar R/C club’s board could not come to terms on issues that would have made this a great event.
I am deeply sorry for any expectations/inconveniences this has caused.

Any pilots/vendors that have pre-registered for the event will be directly reimbursed immediately through PayPal.

Sorry

Please contact: our club president, Joe Buko