HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by ptuxbury, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 01:00 PM
Joined Jan 2006
211 Posts
Discussion
Diodes to drop 3-cell LiPo Voltage.

Here is how I dropped the voltage of my LiPo to a safe voltage for use in my JR X9303 transmitter. I used two diodes in series. I have 3 sets of these in parallel for redundancy, in case one of more of the diodes fail. The triple redundancy is a bit over kill.
ptuxbury is offline Find More Posts by ptuxbury
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2011, 07:25 PM
Old retired Electronics Fart
United States, OH, Centerburg
Joined Mar 2007
426 Posts
Nice though on the Overkill but at low current if a diode goes bad it shorts.
If it one diode shorts that would still raise the voltage and the other diodes would not be doing anything.

Now at high current 10 Amps or more your circuit is going to work like you want it .

Good job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptuxbury View Post
Here is how I dropped the voltage of my LiPo to a safe voltage for use in my JR X9303 transmitter. I used two diodes in series. I have 3 sets of these in parallel for redundancy, in case one of more of the diodes fail. The triple redundancy is a bit over kill.
Charles B is offline Find More Posts by Charles B