HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by spitfire1999, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:45 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Sep 2008
38 Posts
Trader Rating: 81
Sold
Lanier Royal Aircraft SE5a ARF NIB!

Now selling this one really makes me mad, but $600 dollars in repairs to my wife's car yesterday has me scrambling for cash, so here it goes.

This is a vintage Lanier Royal Aircraft SE5a, EP ARF. These are really hard to find, and I'm not just saying that, they really are! A few years back, Great Planes bought out Lanier and since they already made a small electric SE5a, the first thing they did was discontinue the Lanier version. What a shame that they did! The Lanier version is bigger, better looking and a wonderful flyer. I have personally flown both the smaller Electrifly version and the Lanier. The Lanier is a much more stable and enjoyable flyer, plus it's bigger!

Do not let this one get away. I can tell you honestly, I do not know when you will see another NIB one. This is one of the last ones produced by Lanier and includes the "improved" RFC decal sheets with roundels that have the small white border around the edge. I still have one of the earlier version that did not, so that is a really nice feature. If your a scale nut like me, then you will know what I'm talking about! By the way, the Lanier Fokker DVII is also rare and I have one of those listed as well!

Features of this ARF include: All balsa/ply construction factory covered, scale like wheels, true 4-channel oeration with dual servo ailerons, scale like guns and pilot figure.

Specs: Wingspan 38", AUW 28oz, 400 size brushless motor and 25 amp ESC required.

All models are double boxed and tracking number will be provided.

Please see my other listings of great vintage hobby items to include a Lanier Fokker DVII!

$135 shipped to the lower 48. Just PM me or give me a call if your local. Jim 714-872-1750.
spitfire1999 is online now Find More Posts by spitfire1999
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:57 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2009
4,831 Posts
Trader Rating: 4
Well, a friend has this one, and I can vouch for the fact that it is absolutely beautiful on the ground and in the air, though finding the CG is critical.

I had the D VII, which though a great flyer, was "cartoon scale."

This model is gorgeous: buy it!
angelfood is offline Find More Posts by angelfood
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:13 AM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Sep 2008
38 Posts
Trader Rating: 81
Sold to "steve1814"
spitfire1999 is online now Find More Posts by spitfire1999
Closed Thread