HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2011, 01:17 AM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Discussion
North San Diego County IR Tank Battle

Hello All, it is past time for another IR Tank battle!

New visitors, There is a covered cement Atrium with power outlets, picnic tables & nice Bathrooms close by.

When: Saturday October 8th

Where: Kit Carson Park, EL Arroyo Picnic area # 2

3333 Bear Valley Parkway

Escondido, CA

Time: 8:00 am to 4 pm or....

Lunch Sub Sandwich's, chips & soda/water. We may have BBQ,, I still have 2 weeks to work on the wife. :~}

http://www.escondido.org/Data/Sites/...sonParkMap.pdf

Come out and join in and bring a friend, I have at least 5 of my loaner tanks & M-50 IR Cannon prepped and ready to go. I would like to see this be our largest turn out yet, more guys know about this hobby. But what they don’t know the meet it is not all about IR battling, it is much, much more, you can just come to discuss,,, whatever or Painting, Mechanical ideas / solutions, and Electrical & IR systems. Oh and definitely trying to find an answer to your broken tank or new project problem that has you stumped.

Thanks,

Phil
Blitzkrieg65 is offline Find More Posts by Blitzkrieg65
Last edited by Blitzkrieg65; Sep 30, 2011 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Grammer
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2011, 12:06 PM
some what irregular
Diamond Bar, California
Joined Feb 2004
1,026 Posts
this is a FUN time battle not everybody fights every battle {by choice} and lots of time to talk, eat socialize and generally have a good time, battle as much or as little as you like AND ya get to pick at Phil's brain like a zombie
dostacos is offline Find More Posts by dostacos
Old Oct 05, 2011, 12:52 PM
Joined Oct 2011
3 Posts
I would definitely like to come.. but seems it started to rain badly. Does that will effect the meeting?
Realguitar is offline Find More Posts by Realguitar
Old Oct 05, 2011, 05:02 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realguitar View Post
I would definitely like to come.. but seems it started to rain badly. Does that will effect the meeting?
No not raining bad here, it will be sunny the next 2 days and Saturday will be sunny so we won't even have a puddle. I will scout the IR battle field tomorrow with my WSN M-16 Halftrack and video tape it! It should be prefect and hopefully we have a little green scale folage that has popped up. The only way I can see it getting canceled if it rains cats & dogs Firday night or if it is predicted heavy rain Saturday, like a storm coming in Right now the prediction is it will be sunny and the desert ground is so dry the little rain that we have today will not even be evident tomorrow.

Phil

RCTankWars.com
Last edited by Blitzkrieg65; Oct 05, 2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: grammer
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:02 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Still On

Oh yes we had a little rain on Wednesday, but the Battle is ON, I was at the spot this morning and by Saturday it should be completely dry! God willing, my wife reminded me to say but the prediction is for a sunny day creaping up to mid 70's

Here is the scouting report from the field:

M 16 T 19 Halftrack Scouts Battle Field (3 min 16 sec)

See you there..

Phil

See you there..

Phil
Last edited by Blitzkrieg65; Oct 06, 2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Deleted double wording
Old Oct 06, 2011, 09:55 PM
Semper Fi
Northern Triaid North Carolina
Joined Jun 2008
994 Posts
Looks like a fun place to battle. I wish I could afford to go that far to join you.

Herman
GreenAmphibian is offline Find More Posts by GreenAmphibian
Old Oct 10, 2011, 10:39 PM
Escondido, California
Joined Apr 2007
925 Posts
Come on out Herman,, well if not see you in April.

We had a good turn out, and every battle had at least 5 per side and most of the time 6 or 7 per side. Thanks to all the folks that came down from the LA area. Probably Aimee’s Sturmtiger won the award for menace on the battle field. Although the Super Pershing did real well, other than some T-81 track jumping,, nagging issue. It was one of the last tanks alive on the first battle so it still fought well. It did not get the chance to go up against Aimee’s Sturmtiger, maybe next time. Actually the Halftrack might be the one to kill that thing, with it’s speed and rapid fire, but I tried to Baha (4x4) it and got high centered, so we’ll never know, well at least until next time. Harvey & Milo showed up and Milo is getting to a decent battler, but he was a huge help with new kids, thanks Milo.
Glad to see Dan and his son Jacob, I meant to thank Jacob’s mom for letting him off yard clean up duty. I hope some of you are learning you have to PM your tanks they just can’t sit on the shelf and then pull them out for the day of the battle, and expect them to run perfect. For whatever reason, IR battling really puts your tank to the test, it will find the weakest part and break it.

My wife show up around noon and brought some potato salad which was a nice treat. David’s wife was there, nice to finally meet her, and a new couple from the LA area; Victoria & Maurice. And with Jeff and Aimee, it was cool to have more ladies at the battle. I took a few pics and got a little video but nothing of us battling, too busy just trying to enjoy the battle. A lot of others took pics & video maybe they will send it to me or post it up?

Here are some pics of the layout, and some of the tanks. I need to let the City know that we are out growing the cement Gazebo, and we will need it enlarged!
Last edited by Blitzkrieg65; Oct 31, 2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 07:18 AM
1/16 Metal Tiger I
Shenzhen,China
Joined May 2009
169 Posts
The meeting is good. And the scene is like fast food, ready and go,haha.

Jack
Aero-Mate is offline Find More Posts by Aero-Mate
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:45 AM
Joined Oct 2011
3 Posts
It's Marius, not Maurice ... but we all had a blast there :P
Realguitar is offline Find More Posts by Realguitar
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:39 PM
Joined May 2011
32 Posts
Next Time....

Here are some pics of the layout, and some of the tanks. I need to let the City know what we are out growing the cement Gazebo and we will need it enlarged!

Thank you for posting the pics! i had to work so next time!
scrooem is offline Find More Posts by scrooem