HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 29, 2011, 05:45 PM
Canada, BC, Kamloops
Joined Feb 2011
24 Posts
Data
Wildcat/Lipo info/Horizon info

My first real post here so forgive me if anything offends/broken rules etc etc. Wow my adventures back into RC has been just crazy....was in gas 16 years ago and got some experience...now into electrics and I have never seen so many formulas and maths regarding the Lipo and flight times etc etc. In lamens terms, today, I held my wildcat for about 8 minutes at 100% power with servos being used whole time and the battery (30C 2200 mah E-Flite High power series with stock 18A esc and stock motor) was getting comfortably warm .... I would think in all reality a 50%-60% throttle flight will possibly give me 10 maybe 12 mins? I don't want to push it but I had a "Wildcat Part I" and because after reading about the AR500 Spektrum RX's being problematic and the control-less dive that ended the first pilots career, I attributed "Wildcat Part I's" crash to the receiver...called Horizon and they even said to me they have alot of "unofficial" reports of the AR 500...they send me AR600 with "Wildcat Part II" .... because I don't wanna keep seeing my investments auger into the dirt...I have taken a bit more caution to having proper cell voltage as well and timing my flights to make sure I eliminate all possibilities of a second "death". I would like to know if anyone out there can share thier thoughts about anything like this....my multi-meter at the start of my before mentioned ground test said my batt was 12.4 V and at the end of 8 mins and some seconds was around 10.4 V......divided by 3 makes about 3.5 V per cell. Just trying to get some experiences from others in the hobby....thoughts? feelings? ... kick in the teeth??? Thanks for your time.
lookoutthebarn is offline Find More Posts by lookoutthebarn
to remove ads between posts