HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 02, 2011, 08:26 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPTFalcon4 View Post
do you think being that close to the edge that the servo will move the whole of that elevator?

Not a problem at all. The control surfaces move very little at high speed. At low speed you need more, but I have plenty of throw.

Thanks for asking and good luck with the Hawk
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by vettster; Oct 02, 2011 at 08:33 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:08 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
subbed Trev. looking forward to seeing this fly in person............yes, I'll come up there if you've got a video camera, I'll shoot the maiden footage. LOL.
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Oct 02, 2011, 09:22 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
just wondering if the fan I got came out of that L-39? LOL.

you are just getting way too many planes lately. let me know if you've ever got anything for sale.

Rich
Old Oct 02, 2011, 11:08 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,007 Posts
I checked about shipping this plane to the states...Overall, it's 2mm too large---SERIOUSLY!!!!...Someone couldn't fudge 2mm???...What does HK plan ondoing getting this plane to the states????...I want one of these and don't mind waiting----But I at least some reassurance that HK will be able to get these to the states..

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Oct 02, 2011, 11:23 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
well, it's a little bit different shipping a box, rather than sending it in a container by ship. they can ship it via container, plus a whole whack of other stuff to their US warehouse and be far more cost effective than shipping a single product. we're luckier in different ways up here, since we've got a trade agreement with China. we're able to get products fairly easy from HK as a singular shipment. then again, I've always wondered why we can't order from the US warehouse and have it shipped north of the border. HK really needs a Canadian warehous. Trev and I could manage the warehouse. LOL.
Old Oct 03, 2011, 04:24 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
then again, I've always wondered why we can't order from the US warehouse and have it shipped north of the border. HK really needs a Canadian warehous. Trev and I could manage the warehouse. LOL.
Sorry Rich..I cant agree with you on that one. I would much rather things just stay as they are. I dont want to have to pay the UPS thieves for shipping from the US, + duties and taxes and UPS extortion fees. I dont even want a Canadian Warehouse as the shipping would almost be the same, but now I/we would have to pay 15% taxes.
Straight from China=...No taxes..and faster shipping than from the US
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
Old Oct 03, 2011, 04:36 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
just wondering if the fan I got came out of that L-39? LOL.

you are just getting way too many planes lately. let me know if you've ever got anything for sale.

Rich
No it came out of my FF F-100

And YES! I have have slightly used L-39 for sale
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2011, 04:39 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Greene View Post
I checked about shipping this plane to the states...Overall, it's 2mm too large---SERIOUSLY!!!!...Someone couldn't fudge 2mm???...What does HK plan ondoing getting this plane to the states????...I want one of these and don't mind waiting----But I at least some reassurance that HK will be able to get these to the states..

Kevin
Its only 2mm larger because its double boxed...
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2011, 08:56 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,101 Posts
Nothing to snag the grass with this puppy
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2011, 09:10 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,945 Posts
It looks like Ma Kettle can build that model.....she left her glasses on the build table.

It all looks very sweet V, too sweet to be a belly flopper. Mine still has not been shipped yet. I was kind of hoping it would get delivered while my wife was away.....it looks as though she will get to see it before I do now. J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Oct 03, 2011, 09:18 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,101 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
It looks like Ma Kettle can build that model.....she left her glasses on the build table.

It all looks very sweet V, too sweet to be a belly flopper. Mine still has not been shipped yet. I was kind of hoping it would get delivered while my wife was away.....it looks as though she will get to see it before I do now. J
LOL Hey! after 30 years of welding, Im happy to be Farsighted in this hobby

I think your wife will be happy you bought this one. Just wait till she see's it
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2011, 09:20 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,945 Posts
She's cool but my deal is to replace and not expland the fleet. I have to convice her that some other model has impending doom written in its stars.... J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Oct 03, 2011, 10:08 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,007 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
Its only 2mm larger because its double boxed...
But really---2mm??!!!???!!???---I just can't understand why HK would design a box where a great deal of sales can't be made because of 2mm!!...I also don't understand why I can order a turbine composite jet from china in a box the size of a coffin that weighs 45lbs and pay only $120.00 to ship but I can't get a box 1/10th the size at all from HK...

Can ANYONE tell me if this will be available in the states???---If not available in the US is anyone in Canada willing to order one of these for me, slap on a new shipping label, and send it to me???

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Oct 04, 2011, 12:22 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
slightly used huh trev!? LMAO.

you've got a point about HK, for sure. however, if we could get a shipping deal from the US, it would be sooooo much better. as it stands right now, yes, it's a real PITA at the best of times. I'm lucky living this close to the border. I can get stuff shipped to the Lewiston post office and hop the border to pick it up.
Old Oct 04, 2011, 12:31 AM
DELTAS RULE
tehachapi, CA
Joined Jan 2006
21,779 Posts
let me get this right...the hatch isnt big enough for the fan to fit????????? what the??
corsair nut is online now Find More Posts by corsair nut