HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:32 PM
Dream Build Fly Scale
Philadelphia, PA
Joined Oct 2004
2,907 Posts
The other thing that look peculiar is the lack of any glue or hardwood on the CA hinges from the removed aileron. Was it still attached to the airframe when you picked up the parts? I'm surprised it's pulled out, perhaps another cause of failure? Even if the surface pulled out 1/8" when you bumped the ground on takeoff, you'd induce a deflection on the surface. So as you tried to correct you never would be able to level them both out. If you had too much throw it may have continued to work it's way loose?
strictlyscale is offline Find More Posts by strictlyscale
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:35 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
finished up 3.7 3.8 ish gord help anybody with retracts sorry
I didn't weigh mine but it took off ok with the retracts. It just never got a chance to land properly.

My hinges were A-Ok even after it went in. As V stated, mine barely had a scratch on it. Kind of like the Knight in a Monte Python movie......
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:51 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,257 Posts
oh god.. I think Im going to have my buddy watch my plane as I take the Tx for a drive about 3/4 of a mile and go to full throttle(the plane that is) In any case, There not much metalic paint left on the front fuse of mine.lol I had/have the 9chl JR Rx just behind the canopy on the roof(were its all Black Paint, and the satilite Rx all the way up in the nose, near the top. Again, all Black paint.
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:53 PM
TakeOff=optional,Landing= Must
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2010
427 Posts
I don't think weight is the issue here, it clearly flew very well while it was in control. Also don't think it was anywhere near stall speed when it lost control.
fg1972 is offline Find More Posts by fg1972
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:58 PM
Align 600ESP Airwolf
Australia, VIC, Ballarat
Joined Mar 2009
140 Posts
Weight and lift could be a problem,

All the vidoes viewed so far, don't see wing lift a problem,
Most of us are using 1 : 1 power systems so grunt, will fly almost anything

Something goes wrong, as soon as down wind & cross wind is encountered,

Daniel came in = up wind, on his floater, need plenty of speed and more down in turns to keep it level, looks critical to prevent tip stalling,

Wing appears to loose lift very easily, the wing tips may be loosing lift in turns or non effective in turns? something to discuss, these work in shortening wing technology and adding wing tips, to add lift.

It looks like this ViperJet tipstalls very easily.
kewood is offline Find More Posts by kewood
Old Nov 17, 2011, 05:59 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by strictlyscale View Post
The other thing that look peculiar is the lack of any glue or hardwood on the CA hinges from the removed aileron. Was it still attached to the airframe when you picked up the parts? I'm surprised it's pulled out, perhaps another cause of failure? Even if the surface pulled out 1/8" when you bumped the ground on takeoff, you'd induce a deflection on the surface. So as you tried to correct you never would be able to level them both out. If you had too much throw it may have continued to work it's way loose?
I have just inspected the aileron and panel and the hinges do have wood bonded to them.the wings had tip skids 22mm below the lowest tip surface large deep tow hook and ventral fins the plan was to belly in flaps down
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:05 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,290 Posts
I just ran my XPS 2.4ghz analyzer putting it inside the wing panel made a negligible difference barely noticeable.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:12 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,850 Posts
Quote:
oh god.. I think Im going to have my buddy watch my plane as I take the Tx for a drive about 3/4 of a mile and go to full throttle(the plane that is) In any case, There not much metalic paint left on the front fuse of mine.lol
put your radio in range check mode and check the range mark it then do the same with full throttle, the range will be less. mark that spot. it should be 25% or less difference in the two spots. example if you get 100 paces with no throttle you should get 75 paces or more with throttle on.
jcdfrd is online now Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:21 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
put your radio in range check mode and check the range mark it then do the same with full throttle, the range will be less. mark that spot. it should be 25% or less difference in the two spots. example if you get 100 paces with no throttle you should get 75 paces or more with throttle on.
When I have another aircraft to maiden I will.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 06:59 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,257 Posts
sorry guys.. but this thread has been a little depressing lately. Now for somthing a little more up beat.

Here's the 70mm Viper for your entertainment. Dont forget, as I mention earlier, This plane to had troubles(or so we thought) but once we figure it out. This is what you get
Hobby King Viper Jet 9th flight. Stick Bashing (2 min 42 sec)
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:23 PM
Align 600ESP Airwolf
Australia, VIC, Ballarat
Joined Mar 2009
140 Posts
Last edited by kewood; Nov 27, 2011 at 12:57 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 07:26 PM
Align 600ESP Airwolf
Australia, VIC, Ballarat
Joined Mar 2009
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
sorry guys.. but this thread has been a little depressing lately. Now for somthing a little more up beat.

Here's the 70mm Viper for your entertainment. Dont forget, as I mention earlier, This plane to had troubles(or so we thought) but once we figure it out. This is what you get
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv8gZBhPx5I

Tell you what trevor, I'm seriously thinking of hanging mine on a piece of string from the roof as a display model to look at only.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:26 PM
TakeOff=optional,Landing= Must
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2010
427 Posts
Multi becs is a good idea. I'm planning to run a separate battery and a couple of becs. 1 for retracts & flaps the other for remaining servos. Might now put an extra bec for rx.
fg1972 is offline Find More Posts by fg1972
Old Nov 17, 2011, 09:45 PM
Joined Nov 2011
399 Posts
Is this a clone of the habu 32
freshmint is offline Find More Posts by freshmint
Old Nov 17, 2011, 10:06 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewood View Post
Tell you what trevor, I'm seriously thinking of hanging mine on a piece of string from the roof as a display model to look at only.
that would truly be a sin.

wait till saturday, and Ill show you how this flys
RCG Plus Member