HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:46 PM
Joined Sep 2011
10 Posts
thats a damm puzzle, looking at ur pics , did one of the cells pop...looks like a burnt out lipo there.. i wonder if one of the alerion levers got caught in the hole?
DPTFalcon4 is offline Find More Posts by DPTFalcon4
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2011, 02:56 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,254 Posts
nothing near the cells velcrod down with a strap over the top two.neither they or anything near them could move the esc appears to fire two poles at the same time motor cables and motor get warm very quickly on more than one motor.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:04 PM
Deutschland, BY, München
Joined Mar 2004
219 Posts
Hi,
damn! Gaz that's really frustrating and I feel so sorry when I see that crash.
I'm sorry for my bad english, but I did not really get the point what caused the crash... was it (again) an elevater servo???

If so, which ones did you use?

Stefan
Rapunzel is offline Find More Posts by Rapunzel
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:10 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,254 Posts
one elevator servo was totalled in the crash all the others seem to be ok i doubt we will ever know for sure all i do know is when I had control it flew great.I had turnigy TGY 2216 all around.castle 20a bec set to 6v
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:14 PM
TakeOff=optional,Landing= Must
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2010
412 Posts
Oh no. After take it veers left then a clockwise roll. Was that you?
fg1972 is online now Find More Posts by fg1972
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:19 PM
TakeOff=optional,Landing= Must
Australia, Melbourne
Joined Jul 2010
412 Posts
How much stress do you reckon is on the servos in the 1st 30sec of a maiden? It's not like you pulling high G moves.
fg1972 is online now Find More Posts by fg1972
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:19 PM
3DHOG
USA, CA, Aromas
Joined Sep 2010
4,760 Posts
what was the radio being used? 2.4? was a full throttle range check done before flight?
its just something to think about but the esc can create a lot of interference noise and cause lockouts i say this because it seemed to be in control when you were off the throttle and lose control when you were at or going to full throttle. I have seen this once before where everything was fine on the ground but as soon as full throttle was achieved total lock out and then back off the throttle and it comes back into control we found after our crash that the esc ground pin did not mate properly when the esc was plugged into the receiver (ground pin was bent over) I'm sure yours was plugged in properly but if the esc was having a problem it could create the same symptoms ie excessive noise causing a lock out
just a thought
that thing looked to be very fast sorry for the loss
jcdfrd is offline Find More Posts by jcdfrd
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:20 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,254 Posts
After take off I get a grip of aileron and dip left wing then bank left then right the it violently drops the left wing that was not me. non of the rolls were me I wanted a uneventful maiden
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:27 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdfrd View Post
what was the radio being used? 2.4? was a full throttle range check done before flight?
its just something to think about but the esc can create a lot of interference noise and cause lockouts i say this because it seemed to be in control when you were off the throttle and lose control when you were at or going to full throttle. I have seen this once before where everything was fine on the ground but as soon as full throttle was achieved total lock out and then back off the throttle and it comes back into control we found after our crash that the esc ground pin did not mate properly when the esc was plugged into the receiver (ground pin was bent over) I'm sure yours was plugged in properly but if the esc was having a problem it could create the same symptoms ie excessive noise causing a lock out
just a thought
that thing looked to be very fast sorry for the loss
I did not range check at WOT the rx was in the canopy xtremelink 2.4 latest firmaware two power plugs into rx just watched it back again and it seemed fin at full throttle.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:28 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fg1972 View Post
How much stress do you reckon is on the servos in the 1st 30sec of a maiden? It's not like you pulling high G moves.
almost 0
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:39 PM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,813 Posts
You might think I am mad....but I am wondering if the metalic paint is screwing with our RX ??

I will get my buddy to post my crash. I am sure it was tail heavy but with speed I got it to track-ish.... It went in too.

I bribe him to post it today.
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:41 PM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,261 Posts
After reading up on this situation with the wing dipping and seeing the video, question on the TGY 2216's. Aren't they the same as a hs65mg in weight, size and torque? A replacement for the HRX900? This is a 90mm size airframe, me personally wouldn't go less than 3.5kg holding power on a servo. What I see in the vid is a servo dipping out on you, once, twice, third time now gone, bam....

HD 2216MG = Savox SH-0350 and
Align DS410 = Savox SH-0350 then
HD 2216MG = Align DS410, all the same except for QC.
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:55 PM
Align 600ESP Airwolf
Australia, VIC, Ballarat
Joined Mar 2009
140 Posts
Gaz,

I am gutted, looking at this, feel so sorry for you,

Something is wrong with the design this Viperjet, it looks fine at launch, trimming aileron is normal, under excelleration seems ok as soon as you backed off in the turn becomes very unstable dropping wing, correction, dropping other wing, then nose dives, elevator problems ? the the death dive nose down, is very disappointing

This ViperJet is looking a very disappointing model.

Trevor, can you add your comments what's wrong with this model.
kewood is offline Find More Posts by kewood
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:57 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,254 Posts
specs state 3.1 kg all surfaces felt to have plenty of power I always run high end points and short arms to help with torque and radio resolution.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 04:02 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewood View Post
Gaz,

I am gutted, looking at this, feel so sorry for you,

Something is wrong with the design this Viperjet, it looks fine at launch, trimming aileron is normal, under excelleration seems ok as soon as you backed off in the turn becomes very unstable dropping wing, correction, dropping other wing, then nose dives, elevator problems ? the the death dive nose down, is very disappointing

This ViperJet is looking a very disappointing model.

Trevor, can you add your comments what's wrong with this model.
I did wonder about tip stalling but it seemed way to fast for that who ever maidens next keep it light and get ready to drop the flaps might help if it was as light as the listing suggests but all that shiny paint is very heavy.