HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 09, 2011, 01:26 PM
Joined Apr 2009
631 Posts
Looks like a pretty decent flyer!

Too bad it sounds like a 3D helicopter, especially during the auto-rotation

Watching this with great interest. I have a Stumax 90mm fan with a Neu 1515 that needs a good home

Q
QueeQueg is offline Find More Posts by QueeQueg
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 09, 2011, 01:59 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,275 Posts
I wonder if he has worked out what the flaps do yet.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Oct 09, 2011, 02:37 PM
Keep building, buying,fly
Suffolk, In the UK
Joined May 2004
2,611 Posts
Hello all

I have got one of these and am going to do the conversion to put a Jet P20 in it. When I start I will post a link so that those that are interested can follow my build

Regards

Dennis
Bigplumbs is offline Find More Posts by Bigplumbs
Old Oct 09, 2011, 03:55 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,058 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Flop View Post
Here is a video of one flying, looks like its a different color scheme too.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTM1og9niII
I think I`ll just make a quick trip to the LHS in Hong Kong and pick one of those up!! Maybe Nitro Planes will wise up and stock some of these babies.
Knife Liddle is offline Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2011, 04:57 PM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
Is that the Jet Teng Viper? Damn, I love that colourscheme, I hope HobbyKing don't start stocking THAT scheme now mine is in transit to me...
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Old Oct 09, 2011, 05:26 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,058 Posts
I just sent an e-mail to nitro planes and asked them to buy some Vipers. Maybe that will encourage other retailers to get things moving.

Anyone frustrated because they can`t get the Viper. Send a quick e-mail to Nitro Planes. Maybe that will help.

sales@nitroplanes.com <sales@nitroplanes.com>
Knife Liddle is offline Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 09, 2011, 06:26 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knife Liddle View Post
I just sent an e-mail to nitro planes and asked them to buy some Vipers. Maybe that will encourage other retailers to get things moving.

Anyone frustrated because they can`t get the Viper. Send a quick e-mail to Nitro Planes. Maybe that will help.

sales@nitroplanes.com <sales@nitroplanes.com>
It would be nice if SOMEONE would pick up this plane!!!...The thing is I have $$$ to spend now, not 6 months from now...You know how it is---A place like NP or BH announces a new plane but it's not currently in stock...They take pre-orders to see what the interest is and to guage how many to make...The planes get made and then take the slooooooooooow boat to get to us...Customs takes time, etc...6 months from now we have our planes---But NO SPARE PARTS to replace defective parts or to help those that took speed for a solid week to get theirs together and flown before anyone else and ding it up being the beta test pilots.......

I hate to sound so negative but I've been through all of that before...Most others have been through it, too...I now know what it feels like when other parts of the world get certain planes and others are neglected for one reason or another....

I REALLY wanted this plane!!!...I have a Sapac ViperJet in the same colors and it's a real sweetheart....I've also owned a Cermark turbine powered (P-120) ViperJet that was one of my favorites....I guess the 90mm version that HK has just isn't meant to be for now...Yes, I could spend more and get another brand but when you know there's one out there reasonably priced it's hard to justify spending more $$$ for just about the same quality...

Well---Enough of my rant...I'll peek into this thread from time to time to see what fun others are having....Good luck to all that own this plane and remember---FLY IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!......

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Oct 09, 2011, 06:32 PM
Joined Apr 2009
631 Posts
NitroPlanes should change their URL to outofstock.com

Q
Old Oct 09, 2011, 06:45 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotrcuk View Post
Is that the Jet Teng Viper? Damn, I love that colourscheme, I hope HobbyKing don't start stocking THAT scheme now mine is in transit to me...
Oh go ahead---RUB IT IN!!...(Mine is in transit to me...)...Do you know I would give my left nut for one of these!?!????...Seriously, I have enough kids----I would never miss it!!!!....

That's my favorite color scheme as well...It looks good on the L-39 too...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Oct 10, 2011, 08:54 AM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip Flop View Post
Here is a video of one flying, looks like its a different color scheme too.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTM1og9niII
After seeing this..http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1519786
Im pretty sure the one in the Video posted a couple of days ago, is the JT model.

Must be the same pilot too...You can tell by the way he greeses it in everytime with no flaps

Ok kiddies.. I decided not to go to the jet rally today. Instead Im heading to the basement to finish this puppy off.
vettster is offline Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
Old Oct 10, 2011, 09:22 AM
Joined Apr 2009
631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
After seeing this..http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1519786
Im pretty sure the one in the Video posted a couple of days ago, is the JT model.

Must be the same pilot too...You can tell by the way he greeses it in everytime with no flaps

Ok kiddies.. I decided not to go to the jet rally today. Instead Im heading to the basement to finish this puppy off.
No way the first video is the same jet as in the second. Look closely. The second JT jet is 100% composite. It's bigger as well coming in at 5.1 kilos. It has gear doors, smaller winglets and if you notice the stumax 90mm fan fits in the fuse with enough room to spare to fit probably a 110mm fan. The first video post shows the fan just barely fits in the fuse / ducting. It has bigger winglets, built up covered balsa wings and a number of other subtle differences as well.

That JT model is really cool. But you could buy 4 HK Vipers for the price of 589 euros or 800 bucks

Q
Old Oct 10, 2011, 09:34 AM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,143 Posts
I stand corrected

$800!!!! Man! I thought it was going to be around $600 and that to me is way to much.

LONG LIVE THE KING
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2011, 11:47 AM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,143 Posts
Fitting the fan unit wasnt near as hard as I thought it would be.

I carved the hatch as needed.
Remember there is an Up and Down to your unit!
I cut the area were the intakes join, both to allow the Hub in and to reduce the high pitch whine. The gap between the intakes must be joined. Do not allow fuesalage air to be drawn in(or should I say, compressed air to escape). This will lessen your thrust.

I think the hardest part now, will be to install and tape up the Thrust tube.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by vettster; Oct 10, 2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: ham and cheese on rye
Old Oct 10, 2011, 02:22 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,143 Posts
Thouse of you that have seen my other builds, know that I insist on installing the ESC in the Thrust Tube for optimum cooling. Sadly this will not be the case. SO! Ive gone with what I concider the seconde best option. I installed it in the intake trunk. Its a far back as I could get it. Actually looks pretty good there. just hope it chills out I used a cardboard cut out to draw the shape on the wall and then went to town. Just make sure you have the cardboard facing the right direction

I fitted the hatch with some tiny screws that I found at an online store that sells them dirt cheap.. HobbyKing.com I also found a pretty close paint match for touch ups...Testors Model Maters, Kiln Red Metalic enamel.

Things to do...
Install rudder servo/control rods
Install Flap servos/control rods
Install Battery tray so the weight is in the center of the plane and not at the bottom.
Install bungee hook
Install extra canopy magnets and or latch.
Install Thrust Tube..Working on it now.
Glue wings and stabs on is last.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 10, 2011, 02:26 PM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
Good progress there vettster. But damn, you had to remove a lot of material from the fuz hatch aperture!! Poor show ProEDF...
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk