10,377 Posts
LOL. yup, not likely is it!?
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2011, 05:04 PM
Norwich,UK
Joined Feb 2006
1,285 Posts
I have been looking at the instructions looks like a dog has been chewing the Viper in the pictures but especially the elevator pushrods if you look there is a moulding just behind where they have butchered holes in to exit rods neatly.
Gaz-b is offline Find More Posts by Gaz-b
Old Oct 04, 2011, 05:13 PM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
I'm sorry to say it, but a perfectly good ViperJet was affected in the making of those instructions...
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Old Oct 04, 2011, 05:27 PM
"Take Off" eh!
Canada, ON, Beeton
Joined Aug 2008
3,227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
By the way:

there's a downloadable building manual at HK:

it says:

Stefan
Thanks Stefan! That clears up a few questions. I would imagine, a few of the builders will be going with there recommendation for the Elevator servos.

So this kit is actually produced by ProDesign. I Likey

I also noticed that they had to do a hack job on the EDF Hatch aswell.
vettster is online now Find More Posts by vettster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DTRYER ripped me off!!!
Old Oct 04, 2011, 06:47 PM
Joined Sep 2011
10 Posts
Quote:
I'm sorry to say it, but a perfectly good ViperJet was affected in the making of those instructions...
butchered more like..and holding that hatch down with tape..pfff disgracefull..might just have to make one that screws in..
DPTFalcon4 is offline Find More Posts by DPTFalcon4
Old Oct 04, 2011, 07:45 PM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,501 Posts
You mean to tell me!
After all the hooplah, come to find out a US buyer can't get it because of a packging error of a tiny bit! I thought I wanted one to shoot off a bungie!
ApexAero is online now Find More Posts by ApexAero
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:07 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
United Kingdom, England, Carlisle
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
It's not an error, recent changes introduced by postal services have forced us to be 100% accurate with package sizes, if we bodge it, your parcel doesn't get delivered, it ends up going back to us, complete with a $250 surcharge.

Sorry, but you are going to have to patiently await the arrival of the Viperjet in the US warehouse.....believe me, we would really like to be selling them to you right now!
Scott Cuppello is offline Find More Posts by Scott Cuppello
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:18 PM
Lee Liddle
Carrollton, Tx
Joined Dec 2006
8,355 Posts
I'm going to have my finger on the Buy Now button waiting for the container to get here. It sure looks like a fun jet eventhough It has a few issues. Hey they all do.
Knife Liddle is online now Find More Posts by Knife Liddle
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:42 PM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix racing View Post
It's not an error, recent changes introduced by postal services have forced us to be 100% accurate with package sizes, if we bodge it, your parcel doesn't get delivered, it ends up going back to us, complete with a $250 surcharge.

Sorry, but you are going to have to patiently await the arrival of the Viperjet in the US warehouse.....believe me, we would really like to be selling them to you right now!
Unless they hit the US by the weekend I'm going to pull the trigger on something else...Probably an omen for me anyway as I don't have any planes this size, nor batteries, motor, fan, ESC----I already have a copper 70mm Viperjet but a 90mm version would be even better...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Oct 04, 2011, 11:00 PM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,602 Posts
I cannot see what the problem is that HK has. Put the item on the web site, explain that it will be say 4-6 weeks before the next shipment goes from HK to the USA warehouse and you need to put a 50% deposit down. They email you when they arrive you pay the rest and they send you your Viper. Too easy, you know your getting one they have your money so if you renig you loose your deposit and they make more money when it sells. They must send a container or large packing crate to the USA,Aust and Europe so they just send them in that.
If I operated my business the same as HK is now I would be loosing money and have to fix it, they are obviously making too much $$$ to worry about those they loose.
Mr Hand is Australian and we cannot get them here yet even, you would think he would look after his mates first eh.
At least they have sold some and they are on the HK site, the BAE Hawk and G500 are vapour ware at present.
Maybe Scott could give us some details regarding the Hawk regarding size etc something to at least let us know if it what we want to fly.
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Oct 04, 2011, 11:49 PM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
We just are not geared up for deposits and stuff and I can't account for the logistics I'm afraid, they are what they are. The G500 is in Aus and US but are too big too ship via respective postal sevices and a different shipping method is being organised, the Hawk is imminent, I can't tell you much more about it than that as it's a bank holiday here....yeah, on a Wednesday....but I shall try to look into it.....sorry, back to Viperjet builds, my apologies.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 12:00 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,983 Posts
Hey Scott, Great to see you weathering the storms. Seriously, thank you for hanging in on the threads.

BTW, Is it possible to pick stock up from the HK warehouse. My wife is passing back through next week. I am sure she wouldn't mind grabbing some stuff for me. J
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Oct 05, 2011, 12:04 AM
It should fly at least once
Australia, NSW, Grenfell
Joined Mar 2006
2,602 Posts
Scott great to get an answer from someone who speaks straight.

I bet people would arrange their own couriers in Australia if they wanted the item.
Thanks anyway for the honest reply.
clive45 is offline Find More Posts by clive45
Old Oct 05, 2011, 04:01 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb1rdz View Post
Hey Scott, Great to see you weathering the storms. Seriously, thank you for hanging in on the threads.

BTW, Is it possible to pick stock up from the HK warehouse. My wife is passing back through next week. I am sure she wouldn't mind grabbing some stuff for me. J
Yeah, I believe it still is but please double check with CS.
Old Oct 05, 2011, 04:03 AM
UK Commercial RPAS Pilot
Joined Mar 2007
2,611 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by clive45 View Post
Scott great to get an answer from someone who speaks straight.

I bet people would arrange their own couriers in Australia if they wanted the item.
Thanks anyway for the honest reply.
That is being looked at amongst other things, it's not really ideal but if it comes to it, then as a last resort it is a possibility, everything is being considered as far as I know.