HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2011, 06:24 AM
Fairborn, OH
Joined Nov 2009
544 Posts
[QUOTE=LuvEvolution7;19497634]is it possible that they are making excuses for you guys in the US because they have an American warehouse that you can order from?

Except they don't have it at the American warehouse.
alexandermh is offline Find More Posts by alexandermh
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2011, 06:29 AM
Never fly an A model anything!
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2008
4,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz-b View Post
Yay I has finally been dispatched.
My order was placed and confirmed within 15 minutes of receiving the arrival email. I posted here after I placed my order.....and still not dispatched
jayb1rdz is offline Find More Posts by jayb1rdz
Old Oct 04, 2011, 06:31 AM
Life begins at transition
Australia, VIC, Sale
Joined May 2007
3,593 Posts
Not yet, nor do they have it in the Aussie one.
Give it time. Like most things, it will probably be listed in the HK first, then roll out to the satellites.

Not everything needs to be released in the US first, especially when dealing with HK based companies. Makes sense to ship them as soon as they can, to those they can, no?

(as for the 2mm - I've knocked back cargo at work for less before... if it doesn't meet the US's reg's, it doesn't cross the border, simple.)

Jay - I'm the same. it's got 3 ticks, desperately waiting the 4th! My SM89's begging for a new home...
Odysis is offline Find More Posts by Odysis
Old Oct 04, 2011, 07:06 AM
Deutschland, BY, München
Joined Mar 2004
219 Posts
Hi,
I ordered at 26th of Sep - still got only three ticks and waiting for being shipped!

Stefan
Rapunzel is offline Find More Posts by Rapunzel
Last edited by Rapunzel; Oct 04, 2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old Oct 04, 2011, 08:35 AM
Joined Sep 2011
10 Posts
i ordered mine on the 15th of sept.. and have waited till today as they have been out of stock till a few days ago for my order to be shipped. had 3 e-mails today from HK with tracking number etc..will take 4-7 days to arrive... stoked
DPTFalcon4 is offline Find More Posts by DPTFalcon4
Old Oct 04, 2011, 09:50 AM
Joined Jan 2011
53 Posts
Ordered mine on day 14 as soon as it was available...
Hk sent me a "your order has been shipped" email on day 20...
Tracking became available on 23 and says "The item left Hong Kong for its destination on 26-Sep-2011" since day 26. Hasn't changed a bit since then... I m starting to wonder if they're delivering it on foot
mauryr is offline Find More Posts by mauryr
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:00 AM
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,014 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odysis View Post
Not yet, nor do they have it in the Aussie one.
Give it time. Like most things, it will probably be listed in the HK first, then roll out to the satellites.

Not everything needs to be released in the US first, especially when dealing with HK based companies. Makes sense to ship them as soon as they can, to those they can, no?

(as for the 2mm - I've knocked back cargo at work for less before... if it doesn't meet the US's reg's, it doesn't cross the border, simple.)

Jay - I'm the same. it's got 3 ticks, desperately waiting the 4th! My SM89's begging for a new home...
I didn't say that it should have been released in the US first---Just make it available!!!...Hobby King needs to make me the manager of their US warehouse...You can't do business from empty shelves...

Kevin
Kevin Greene is offline Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:09 AM
Deutschland, BY, München
Joined Mar 2004
219 Posts
Quote:
I m starting to wonder if they're delivering it on foot
Delivery from HK-Warehouse to Europe (Germany) usually takes anything beteen 2-4 weeks. Then the customs catches it where the parcel stays another few days...

be patient!

Stefan
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:17 AM
Joined Jan 2011
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
Delivery from HK-Warehouse to Europe (Germany) usually takes anything beteen 2-4 weeks. Then the customs catches it where the parcel stays another few days...

be patient!

Stefan
I have no rush, and I already knew it would take a long while, but this is air parcel, it's not a container going from the hk to the german warehouse. From hk to italy it usually takes 2/3 days at most. Then it gets stuck in the customs for 3 weeks... but that's a different story, and it's caused by the lame country I live in...
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:35 AM
Deutschland, BY, München
Joined Mar 2004
219 Posts
Hi,
i did not write about containers going to the de warehouse! I've got no idea how long this may take...
I wrote about airmail parcels! Maybe they use carrier pigeons... However, it doesn't change anything! Waiting is pain in the a** to me! But that's how it is!

Stefan
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:39 AM
Joined Jan 2011
53 Posts
Sorry, I misunderstood: somehow I just read hk wh -> de wh...
Old Oct 04, 2011, 10:45 AM
Soggy Scotland
Central Scotland
Joined Jun 2004
837 Posts
Stefan, where do you fly? Germany is a beautiful place, I've visited twice, the last time a few years ago we flew into Frankfurt, and drove down the Rhein to Koblenz, then followed the Mosel down to Baden Baden, then looped back up to Dusseldorf. Fantastic wineries all along the river, many good flying spots - I was expecting to see some large scale RC gliders in the Black Forest!!

Next trip we want to visit Munich... Isn't there a good RC shop in Memmingen - Andys Hobbies? Think I bought an mc24 from there many years ago...

Al
pilotrcuk is offline Find More Posts by pilotrcuk
Old Oct 04, 2011, 11:18 AM
Deutschland, BY, München
Joined Mar 2004
219 Posts
Hi,
indeed, you did a great tour in a lovely region!
I moved from Augsburg to Munich 1 1/2 years ago and still couldn't find the right club for me. That's why I'm still member in Augsburg (electric planes do have their own, paved runway there, charging station,... hard to beat!) However, as I've got a two year old son I don't really have time for my hobby anymore anyway. He is more important than my hobby!

I know Andies Hobbyshop mainly from the internet. Only been once there personally - but they closed right when I arrived (inspite I called them in before hand and only wanted to pick up a MC 22 plus loads of extras for about 1.000 EUR). That's been it to me - I ordered my TX somewhere else!

Stefan
Old Oct 04, 2011, 01:50 PM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
[QUOTE=alexandermh;19498332]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvEvolution7 View Post
is it possible that they are making excuses for you guys in the US because they have an American warehouse that you can order from?

Except they don't have it at the American warehouse.
I wasn't suggesting that they have it at the warehouse, just that it's probably the reason why they discourage shipping to the states when they have a warehouse there. being in the transportation industry, I can almost guarantee that the problem lies in HK's ability to fill a container for shipping. it takes a while to fill one and they won't ship one without it being full. you'll get them, but it's a matter of when at this point. the main warehouse is always going to get them first, especially when they don't have to ship them to get them. it's too bad you can't order directly, but apparantly patience is a virture, isn't it?
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Oct 04, 2011, 02:02 PM
Fairborn, OH
Joined Nov 2009
544 Posts
[QUOTE=LuvEvolution7;19501734]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandermh View Post

I wasn't suggesting that they have it at the warehouse, just that it's probably the reason why they discourage shipping to the states when they have a warehouse there. being in the transportation industry, I can almost guarantee that the problem lies in HK's ability to fill a container for shipping. it takes a while to fill one and they won't ship one without it being full. you'll get them, but it's a matter of when at this point. the main warehouse is always going to get them first, especially when they don't have to ship them to get them. it's too bad you can't order directly, but apparantly patience is a virture, isn't it?
LOL. Patience in the RC community???
alexandermh is offline Find More Posts by alexandermh