SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 12, 2014, 06:01 PM
Australia, NSW, Bowral
Joined May 2013
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trungchi3t View Post
Dear everybody.
I am studying ESC schematic for motor brushless. I designed An ESC circuit and i use firmmware for it "bs_nfet.hex". but It is not operation.
please check and fix error it for me.
thank
Check the difference between bs.inc and bs_nfet.inc and review your design.

Owen
OwenD is offline Find More Posts by OwenD
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2014, 10:03 PM
Joined Jan 2012
397 Posts
Looks like a gold cap on esc Processsor? 40 amp Hk Blue

I purchased 4 HK blue series 40 amp escs. I wanted to flash them with Simonk using a processor cap flasher, the kind you put over the Atmega processor. It won't fit. Does anyone know what the gold like cap is for and are these flashable?Thanks rkenosha
rkenosha is offline Find More Posts by rkenosha
Last edited by rkenosha; Jun 13, 2014 at 07:24 AM. Reason: included picture
Old Jun 13, 2014, 06:15 PM
Australia, NSW, Bowral
Joined May 2013
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenosha View Post
I purchased 4 HK blue series 40 amp escs. I wanted to flash them with Simonk using a processor cap flasher, the kind you put over the Atmega processor. It won't fit. Does anyone know what the gold like cap is for and are these flashable?Thanks rkenosha
That looks like it has only one purpose, to frustrate the use of that HK adapter.

If there is such a thing as genuine Blue Series, and this is their new production, I would not be buying Blue Series to use with aftermarket firmware.

Safe option is to avoid Blue Series altogether on the strength of your report.

How to proceed?

You can connect wires to the board to flash it.

If after you install the SimonK bootloader, you lock the bootloader so it cannot be accidentally damaged, you should not need to replace the bootloader (current version seems stable and reliable).

Then do all your updates via the servo lead using a Tgy USB Linker.

Owen

PS: the cap might come off easily without damage, it may just be glued on top of the TQFP chip package... but you may damage a chip finding out if and how.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 08:00 AM
Joined Jan 2012
397 Posts
Thanks for the reply Owen. I wonder whether that is some kind of heatsink? Are there any clips that you can clip onto the legs of the processor? Thanks rkenosha
rkenosha is offline Find More Posts by rkenosha
Old Jun 14, 2014, 08:32 PM
Australia, NSW, Bowral
Joined May 2013
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenosha View Post
Thanks for the reply Owen. I wonder whether that is some kind of heatsink? Are there any clips that you can clip onto the legs of the processor? Thanks rkenosha
There has not been a need for a heatsink on the MCU chip in the huge number of ESCs used to date.

I can only think that the cap is to frustrate use of the HK chip adapter for reprogramming the MCU. There are other techniques already employed, like use of the RSTDISPL fuse, tying the reset line to Vcc.

I have already advised what I would try (though if they have employed any of the other techniques mentioned, you may still be unsuccessful). There are little pads on the board you can connect the ISP wires to, trace the tracks and work out the connections (or someone may already have documented them). See http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/Co..._6509.jpg.html .

I am sorry that these don't immediately suite your needs, and thanks to your post, others will see a risk in buying any Blue Series ESC for the purpose of re-programming them.

If your report is accurate, Blue Series joins the ranks of Red Brick and others that are risky buys.

Owen
Old Jun 15, 2014, 11:18 AM
Canada, ON, Frontenac County
Joined Feb 2013
42 Posts
Okay got the most recent Hex for the RCTimer 30A Opto's ready for flashing but I have no idea of the pad ID's anyone? As for FW, I understand that the NSF 30's mat come from RCTimer with either tgy.hex or even bs_nfet.hex, but I havent heard from Frank Wu: C.S. @ RCTimer.com. So is anyone going to at least respond and make me feel welcome here? I really don't really feel like waiting for a Socket Flashing Tool to come by the slow boat from China :-) And besides it is too easy!
Okay so seeing as how this is way too easy for you guys...
I have traced it out and found the following info regarding the pads ,..the same as the F-30, another ESC that I have experience with. P.S I don't know what I did to the image, I ended up using a bitmap from Microsoft paint to edit and I should have saved it as another file type I suppose. But it won't display so don't bother clicking on it. I am just getting the hang of this. Practice makes perfect..... :-)
canterburyflyer is offline Find More Posts by canterburyflyer
Last edited by canterburyflyer; Jun 15, 2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Typo
Old Jun 15, 2014, 03:10 PM
Joined Feb 2013
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canterburyflyer View Post
Okay got the most recent Hex for the RCTimer 30A Opto's ready for flashing but I have no idea of the pad ID's anyone? As for FW, I understand that the NSF 30's mat come from RCTimer with either tgy.hex or even bs_nfet.hex, but I havent heard from Frank Wu: C.S. @ RCTimer.com. So is anyone going to at least respond and make me feel welcome here? I really don't really feel like waiting for a Socket Flashing Tool to come by the slow boat from China :-) And besides it is too easy!
The tgy.hex or bs_nfet.hex does not work with the RCT 30A NFS ESCs. You will probably destroy it if you flash it with either of these and connect a lipo battery.
Though the regular RCT 20A and 30A ESCs uses tgy.hex iirc.
I have written .inc files for the 30A and the 45A NFS ESCs from rctimer for both SimonK and wii-esc.
For wii-esc you can download the hex files for the 30A and 45A NFS (rct30nfs.hex, rct45nfs.hex) as well as the tgy.hex from the project site: https://code.google.com/p/wii-esc/
For SimonK you have to build the hex:es for the NFS ESCs yourself using the .inc file from my repo https://github.com/vizual54/tgy and the code from Simons repo https://github.com/sim-/tgy
Check my pull request for changes needed in tgy.asm and in the make file.

And the NFS should have boot loader on them already so you don't have to use the socket tool or pads to flash them. I have not verified this myself but other users have reported this.
Randulf is online now Find More Posts by Randulf
Old Jun 16, 2014, 03:28 AM
Joined Jun 2014
5 Posts
schematic ESC

Please send me schematic and firmmare your ESC.
Thans.
Email: trungchi3t@gmail.com
trungchi3t is offline Find More Posts by trungchi3t
Old Jun 16, 2014, 02:58 PM
Canada, ON, Frontenac County
Joined Feb 2013
42 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randulf View Post
The tgy.hex or bs_nfet.hex does not work with the RCT 30A NFS ESCs. You will probably destroy it if you flash it with either of these and connect a lipo battery.
Though the regular RCT 20A and 30A ESCs uses tgy.hex iirc.
I have written .inc files for the 30A and the 45A NFS ESCs from rctimer for both SimonK and wii-esc.
For wii-esc you can download the hex files for the 30A and 45A NFS (rct30nfs.hex, rct45nfs.hex) as well as the tgy.hex from the project site: https://code.google.com/p/wii-esc/
For SimonK you have to build the hex:es for the NFS ESCs yourself using the .inc file from my repo https://github.com/vizual54/tgy and the code from Simons repo https://github.com/sim-/tgy
Check my pull request for changes needed in tgy.asm and in the make file.

And the NFS should have boot loader on them already so you don't have to use the socket tool or pads to flash them. I have not verified this myself but other users have reported this.
Randulph, very kind of you to take the time out to respond. I did the leg work to trace the pads on the NFS30 vs a diagram of the pinouts of the Atmega MCU, and found them to be identical to the F30. My adapter I have built for use with the USBasp will work perfectly! Very Cool indeed. Though the down side is ofcourse having to strip off the heatshrink on every last one, after I have already installed them to the airframe. I have experience with using the KKmulticopter FlashTool and will use this with the rct30nsf.hex that I have downloaded already. I wish to determine whether they are already bootloader enabled as well but must either adapt an Arduino Nano ProV3 that I have coming, or order a USB Linker. Will any do? The motor I will be using is 6 x 12 pole, 5014 kV530's for a heavy lift hex. My first such build. And you must realize that for the guys who are embarking on new FC's such as the APM2.5 , they have their hands full with the learning curve. I would very much like to have the satisfaction building my hex files but I have no experience using the repo's. And I cannot afford to brick more than one of my NFS30, (I ordered 7 ) Of course I will also try to understand your method suggested to build a file using the method described but I am very new to that. A little uncertain, and no fellow aficionados to teach me in these parts. Where does one begin I would like to expand my understanding of your work with the repository and how it dovetails together. I have great admiration for the work you have committed to date, along with Lazy Zero, TC, and the whole gang. Regards, C
canterburyflyer is offline Find More Posts by canterburyflyer
Old Jun 17, 2014, 04:00 AM
Joined Jun 2014
5 Posts
Dear h_e_c
DragonSky schemtic , has it not started yet. if it statrt very well.you can give me schematic completion and firmmware of it.
because I design a ESC, but it is not start.
thanks.
Email : trungchi3t@gmail.com
trungchi3t is offline Find More Posts by trungchi3t
Old Jun 17, 2014, 08:21 PM
Australia, NSW, Bowral
Joined May 2013
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trungchi3t View Post
because I design a ESC, but it is not start.
I pointed you to one of the things that was wrong... did you sort it out?

Owen
Old Jun 18, 2014, 02:09 AM
Joined Feb 2013
155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by canterburyflyer View Post
Randulph, very kind of you to take the time out to respond. I did the leg work to trace the pads on the NFS30 vs a diagram of the pinouts of the Atmega MCU, and found them to be identical to the F30. My adapter I have built for use with the USBasp will work perfectly! Very Cool indeed. Though the down side is ofcourse having to strip off the heatshrink on every last one, after I have already installed them to the airframe. I have experience with using the KKmulticopter FlashTool and will use this with the rct30nsf.hex that I have downloaded already. I wish to determine whether they are already bootloader enabled as well but must either adapt an Arduino Nano ProV3 that I have coming, or order a USB Linker. Will any do? The motor I will be using is 6 x 12 pole, 5014 kV530's for a heavy lift hex. My first such build. And you must realize that for the guys who are embarking on new FC's such as the APM2.5 , they have their hands full with the learning curve. I would very much like to have the satisfaction building my hex files but I have no experience using the repo's. And I cannot afford to brick more than one of my NFS30, (I ordered 7 ) Of course I will also try to understand your method suggested to build a file using the method described but I am very new to that. A little uncertain, and no fellow aficionados to teach me in these parts. Where does one begin I would like to expand my understanding of your work with the repository and how it dovetails together. I have great admiration for the work you have committed to date, along with Lazy Zero, TC, and the whole gang. Regards, C
You can use Arduino to flash the ESC via pwm cable, that's what I use. As I said earlier others have reported that they have the boot loader enabled so no need to remove the heatshrink.
Be sure to bench test your ESC/motor/prop combination thoroughly to make sure you don't have any sync issues.
Read a few pages back and you will find some tips on how to test.
You can use your arduino for that as well. Owen have posted some code in this thread that will output a pwm signal and make some tests.

Don't rush it! That's when things go wrong (speaking from experience). Take your time to read up, both with this stuff and the APM stuff. All the info you need is here and never forget that Google is your best friend.
Randulf is online now Find More Posts by Randulf
Last edited by Randulf; Jun 18, 2014 at 02:18 AM.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 03:19 PM
Joined Jun 2014
1 Posts
Hey fellow members,

Can somebody tell me which is the right simonk firmware for these ecs's - Mystery FM30A? I know it might be answered before, but I can't seem to find any info. Tried flashing with bs-nfet.hex and esc went up in smoke.

Appreciate the help.

EDIT: Flashed with bs.hex and works great. So if anyone needs to flash Mystery FM30A with SimonK use bs.hex firmware

algo is offline Find More Posts by algo
Last edited by algo; Jun 19, 2014 at 04:27 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 09:52 AM
Joined Mar 2011
199 Posts
I could use some Help with flashing an old ESC Jeti 40Advanced

So I found an old working Jeti 40Advanced ESC.
From the schematic is basically identical to the rctimer50a
So I replaced the atmega8A with a new one, then flashed the rctimer50a firmware on it. I had to invert the PWM signal to get it in right direction, however all other connections I checked according to this schematic, and that are exactly the same.
So when I tried to start it, I get absolutely no activity from the uC.
I checked that it is biased and not in reset, and checked that the pwm signal is there with the osci. However I do not see any switching on the pwm signal that control the motor driver IR2101.
Am I forgetting something? Like bootloader or something?
There is one minor difference I have noticed, that is R8 is instead of 3k it is 2k, I know this chanced the resistor divider going to the adc for monitoring the battery voltage. Do I need toupdate it?
Thanks
Sp1k3
Sp1k3 is offline Find More Posts by Sp1k3
Last edited by Sp1k3; Jun 20, 2014 at 09:58 AM.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 07:27 PM
Australia, NSW, Bowral
Joined May 2013
845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1k3 View Post
... I had to invert the PWM signal to get it in right direction, ...
What do you mean?

Owen