SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 03, 2014, 06:04 AM
Joined Jun 2014
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
Which ESC firmware did you flash?

Does the motor work correctly if you hook the ESC directly to a RX?

I hope you are testing with a current limited power source.
I used the "bs_nfet" one, that I think it's the correct one for my ESC (HobbyKing F-30A). The firm upload finished without visible problems in the console output.

I didn't test the motor hooked directly to the radio receiver, I'll test it asap.

What do you mean by limited power source? Low V? low A?

Thanks for the help!
mrcatacroquer is offline Find More Posts by mrcatacroquer
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 03, 2014, 09:09 AM
gr8
Finland
Joined Nov 2006
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8 View Post
Hi,
I just got 4 x ZTW Spider 30A ESC. These escs already have older version SimonK flashed from factory. When i started to look at those more closely for updating firmware, i noticed that three esc are missing two parts that one other has. Looks to be one 1.82Kohm smd resistor and unknown value inductor?

Any ideas why those are missing? This pcb/layout looks to be same as HK blue series 30A, if i'm right ztw actually makes pcbs for blue series...
Ok answering to myself after some search and emails.

Two parts that are missing are actually resistor and NTC thermistor connected to AVR pin#24 which is A/D pin for over temperature protection.

ZTW support answered very quickly for my questions(few hours delay! ) and said those are removed because simonk don't have temperature protection. At least the old version ztw is using (15-5-2013). So everything is basically ok if those parts are not populated on board. I'm still going to check the code if there's anything to be worried about, because the sensor pin #24 (PC1 ADC1) is now floating.

Regards Jani
gr8 is offline Find More Posts by gr8
Old Jun 04, 2014, 03:48 AM
FPV enthousiast
Belgium, Flanders, Beveren
Joined Jul 2013
380 Posts
When trying to flash ZTW 12A ESC's from Abusemark, I got this error:

Quote:
Flash the firmware from repository.
Flashing firmware from file.: C:\Users\Desktop\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_ 0.77\tmp\tgy-2013-05-15\bs_nfet.hex

C:\Users\Desktop\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_ 0.77\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.exe -C C:\Users\Desktop\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_ 0.77\lib\avrdude\windows\avrdude.conf -p m8 -P COM3 -c afrousb -e -U flash:w:C:\Users\Desktop\Downloads\kkmulticopterfl ashtool_0.77\tmp\tgy-2013-05-15\bs_nfet.hex:i

avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.13s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e9307
avrdude.exe: erasing chip
avrdude.exe: reading input file "C:\Users\Desktop\Downloads\kkmulticopterflash tool _0.77\tmp\tgy-2013-05-15\bs_nfet.hex"
avrdude.exe: writing flash (8192 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 7.26s

avrdude.exe: 8192 bytes of flash written
avrdude.exe: verifying flash memory against C:\Users\Desktop\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_ 0.77\tmp\tgy-2013-05-15\bs_nfet.hex:
avrdude.exe: load data flash data from input file C:\Users\Desktop\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_ 0.77\tmp\tgy-2013-05-15\bs_nfet.hex:
avrdude.exe: input file C:\Users\Desktop\Downloads\kkmulticopterflashtool_ 0.77\tmp\tgy-2013-05-15\bs_nfet.hex contains 8192 bytes
avrdude.exe: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 6.84s

avrdude.exe: verifying ...
avrdude.exe: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x1f00
0x11 != 0x00
avrdude.exe: verification error; content mismatch

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

Error during writing flash.
Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
I wanted to flash the reverse firmware on some of them...

Both KKFlashTool and RapidESC are giving me the same errors...
JaZzMaN251 is offline Find More Posts by JaZzMaN251
Old Jun 04, 2014, 04:30 AM
Australia, NSW, Bowral
Joined May 2013
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8 View Post
Two parts that are missing are actually resistor and NTC thermistor connected to AVR pin#24 which is A/D pin for over temperature protection.

ZTW support answered very quickly for my questions(few hours delay! ) and said those are removed because simonk don't have temperature protection....
Yes, at the moment, but BLHeli does have temperature protection... so it looks like if you want to use that, don't buy ZTW.

What an incredibly mean and trivial step, the not populate those two parts!

Owen
OwenD is offline Find More Posts by OwenD
Old Jun 04, 2014, 08:24 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcatacroquer View Post
I used the "bs_nfet" one, that I think it's the correct one for my ESC (HobbyKing F-30A). The firm upload finished without visible problems in the console output.

I didn't test the motor hooked directly to the radio receiver, I'll test it asap.

What do you mean by limited power source? Low V? low A?

Thanks for the help!
That should be the correct firmware AFAIK. By "current limited" I mean limited Amps. Light bulb in series or a current limited power supply of some sort, this is to hopefully prevent too much damage if the ESC shorts out when doing the initial testing (bad firmware, hardware, or whatever).
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Jun 05, 2014, 10:22 PM
Joined May 2013
14 Posts
I'm trying to flash the E-flite 30-AMP Pro SB Brushless ESC (V2) as a test i loaded BS-NFET the tones have changed but when throtle is givein it jitters the motor thats it. would anyone mind helping me? the mc is a Atmel 8A useing USBASP and kk flash tool, i also have flashtool and microsoft visual studio.
Tyrian869 is offline Find More Posts by Tyrian869
Old Jun 06, 2014, 03:23 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Feb 2014
13 Posts
Hello guys,

Im a total noob of flashing esc stuff and i need your valuable suggestions.

I have made a mistake with buying NFS Rctimer 30a Opto SimonK flashed ESC for my tarot 650 quad build. http://www.rctimer.com/index.php?gOo...9&productname=

This is my 4th build and i count myself as experienced. (except flashing escs)

Motors rotating correctly, CG is ok, FC facing front, Props on right direction.

I am able to lift off and it stays in air. When i give a command for forward its okay but motor 3 cant speed up enough to compensate and flips left backwards when i input.

I contacted with RC timer and they advised me to flash it. 1 out of 4 has this problem only.

I dont know that firmware to flash or how to do it.

Can you help me out ?
nsarjien is online now Find More Posts by nsarjien
Old Jun 07, 2014, 09:08 AM
Bleriot's R Us
Ireland, Donegal
Joined Nov 2003
1,043 Posts
Is there a new link to tomsnow esc list the one on first post dosnt work
xairflyer is online now Find More Posts by xairflyer
Old Jun 07, 2014, 09:13 AM
Joined Jan 2012
397 Posts
Need Help with Turnigy usb Linker

Hi everyone, need a little help or to be pointed in the right direction. Trying to flash 4 hk blue series escs 30 amp. Using kk flash tool. When hooking up the esc to linker, I keep getting a timeout reading on the screen. Do I need to connect all three servo wires, signal ground, vcc? Or just two. Using limited power supply of 4 aa batteries. Thanks rkenosha
rkenosha is offline Find More Posts by rkenosha
Old Jun 07, 2014, 09:17 AM
Joined May 2009
657 Posts
If you are trying to flash them for the first time, you'll have to use the 6 solder points on the ESC itself, not the servo wire.
Only after that you can use the servo wire connection.
Arakon is online now Find More Posts by Arakon
Old Jun 08, 2014, 06:59 AM
Bleriot's R Us
Ireland, Donegal
Joined Nov 2003
1,043 Posts
To answer my own question, the link dosnt work with firefox but does on IE
xairflyer is online now Find More Posts by xairflyer
Old Jun 09, 2014, 11:29 PM
Joined Sep 2006
404 Posts
Want to flash Mystery 12A esc, is it save to use latest BS hex to run a sunnysky X2204 2300kv? Latest is 2014-03-06.
deeh_46 is online now Find More Posts by deeh_46
Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:28 AM
Canada, ON, Frontenac County
Joined Feb 2013
37 Posts
FW for RCT NFS 30A Optos

Hi guys, great reading here to be sure. But...way too much to be of use for the short term reference. I am trying to get the best info to date about the NFS 30A Opto's from RCTimer. As you may knowe there is very little posted on their site regarding the FW that they come with. Could I prevail upon you to give me the FW they come with, and any suggestions for the correct FW for running a 5014 kV530 12 pole motor? I wonder if this falls on the side of a high pole count or not. I don't know a thing about running optos, whether they are bootloader capable from the factory so to speak, if I have to do it from the pads, if so the pad layout. I have only used F-30's to date and wanted to try something different. Also don't need 6 BECs running into a zero load when I will be using a separate 3DR power module and maybe a UBEC for the APM 2.5 that I will be using for the Tarot FY 680.
I have the ability to use BLHeli Suite, Rapid ESC, and KKFlashTool (the one I have mostly used)
So would some kind soul give me the skinny on what is the sate of the art of FW for the NFS 30A please? I will be eternally in your debt.

Thanks, and Happy Flying....tis the season :-)
canterburyflyer is offline Find More Posts by canterburyflyer
Last edited by canterburyflyer; Jun 11, 2014 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Wanted to put a title and update
Old Jun 11, 2014, 12:22 PM
Joined Apr 2013
44 Posts
3D flight and i2c

Hello

Im designing my own ESC driver with Atmega 8 to be compatible with Simonk firmware.
I would like to use i2c to control up to 8 brushless motors.
Is it possible to use the RC-car style forward/reverse function with i2c capability ?

Thank you for your help
WalkOver is offline Find More Posts by WalkOver
Old Jun 11, 2014, 09:40 PM
Joined Jun 2014
5 Posts
schematic ESC

Dear everybody.
I am studying ESC schematic for motor brushless. I designed An ESC circuit and i use firmmware for it "bs_nfet.hex". but It is not operation.
please check and fix error it for me.
thank
trungchi3t is offline Find More Posts by trungchi3t