to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:51 PM
hacker
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eosbandi View Post
I flashed all four esc's in my quad, which is equipped with http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=5358 motors. Three of the esc's were perfect, but one of them did not start properly...So I put a 22pf instead the scope probe, and now it starts almost every time. I just checked the specs of my scope, and it has a 1Mohm parallel with 20pf impedance so I have to try to add a 1Mohm resistor also. Here is the picture where I put the cap. It’s the closest 33K resistor to the comparator input.
Awesome. I wonder what is happening there.. Can you find out where you connected that resistor on the schematic? http://home.versanet.de/~b-konze/blc_6a/6a.pdf (assuming it's the same as that one) ...That's from quax' page: http://home.versanet.de/~b-konze/blc_6a/blc_6a.htm
simonk is offline Find More Posts by simonk
Old Dec 19, 2011, 07:57 PM
hacker
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
Instead of words...
I have 3-4 dead plushes from early (back in July) messing with the firmware that now have similar issues. It definitely seems like a broken FET. I recently got a rework station, so I was going to try replacing the FETs on them or at least testing them individually and seeing what's going on. So, I was wondering, did that board every work? Were you flying it with previously? When happened to mine, it was always at weird times, like after landing in a puddle, never when flying.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 11:47 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,529 Posts
The original software was "working", (never in flight however),
, it was this esc i used to track the traces / vias, so manipulated it a lot with the ohm meter...
Are fets "fragile"?
You have any ideas about the capacitor "trick"... (finger touch trick...)
thanks
manu
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
So, I was wondering, did that board every work? Were you flying it with previously? When happened to mine, it was always at weird times, like after landing in a puddle, never when flying.
alll is online now Find More Posts by alll
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:46 AM
Schweiz, BE, Münchenbuchsee
Joined Jun 2011
287 Posts
New ESC:
http://www.himodel.com/electric/HiMo..._22A_SBEC.html

Andy good for multicopters?
Morphin is online now Find More Posts by Morphin
Old Dec 20, 2011, 06:47 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
24mhz? Looks like silabs. So quite irrelevant for this thread.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:38 AM
Joined Sep 2011
149 Posts
Hey,
i flashed 4 of my rctimer 18A Escs and i use them with dt750.
i put longier cables in between, 30cm.
2 of Those 4 Escs Need 4 seconds until it comes the Last Beep so they are ready.
is this normal?
cheers
Alex
edge0xc is online now Find More Posts by edge0xc
Old Dec 20, 2011, 07:47 AM
www.shop.trisembly.co.za
South Africa
Joined Oct 2005
1,570 Posts
Will this give any improvement on Turnigy plush ESC's and KKBoards?
rcimports is offline Find More Posts by rcimports
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:41 AM
Joined May 2011
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
Awesome. I wonder what is happening there.. Can you find out where you connected that resistor on the schematic? http://home.versanet.de/~b-konze/blc_6a/6a.pdf (assuming it's the same as that one) ...That's from quax' page: http://home.versanet.de/~b-konze/blc_6a/blc_6a.htm
A was tinkering a little, and come up with a solution that works at every start. It's a 220pF cap betwwen the comparator input and the ground.
eosbandi is offline Find More Posts by eosbandi
Old Dec 20, 2011, 08:50 AM
Joined Jul 2011
240 Posts
Just a question : RCTIMER 20A looks to be the same as RCTIMER 30A. I just open a small windows on the ESC to see the pins but is the order is the same ?
Bledi is offline Find More Posts by Bledi
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:12 AM
Provence France
Joined Nov 2009
25 Posts
For te RC Timer 30 Amp
left to right: MOSI, MISO, SCLK, GND, VCC, RESET
At the left wire + et - 3s or 4s
At the right 3 wire motor
grizouille is offline Find More Posts by grizouille
Old Dec 20, 2011, 09:34 AM
Joined Jul 2011
240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizouille View Post
For te RC Timer 30 Amp
left to right: MOSI, MISO, SCLK, GND, VCC, RESET
At the left wire + et - 3s or 4s
At the right 3 wire motor
I am ok with you, I did it on a RCT 30A but I would like to do it on my second quadri witch is equiped with RCT 20A but I don't want to full open the ESCs just open a small window. The problem is that if I just do that I can't control the pinout so I need to know the difference or not between 30A and 20A
Bledi is offline Find More Posts by Bledi
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:27 AM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,658 Posts
Quote:
A was tinkering a little, and come up with a solution that works at every start. It's a 220pF cap betwwen the comparator input and the ground.
Nice find

Possibly the extra capacitance slews the signal causing it to be delayed slightly and a few nops in code may accomplish the same thing.
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old Dec 20, 2011, 11:30 AM
hacker
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
manipulated it a lot with the ohm meter...
Are fets "fragile"?
You have any ideas about the capacitor "trick"... (finger touch trick...)
Yes, FETs can be very fragile. Unlike a transistor's base, the gate will not avalanche or conduct away, it just charges like a tiny capacitor. If you exceed the Vgs rating, it will blow a hole and short. This is why they're so sensitive to static. Not sure why your finger makes it beep more.. Are you touching just output phases together? I have a 10k resistor star on the output phases of some of mine just for scope-clippability..You could try the same, maybe. I'll try it on one of my dead ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge0xc View Post
Hey,
i flashed 4 of my rctimer 18A Escs and i use them with dt750.
i put longier cables in between, 30cm.
2 of Those 4 Escs Need 4 seconds until it comes the Last Beep so they are ready.
is this normal?
No. Are you right on the line of arming, maybe? It waits for about 15 pulses <= STOP_RC_PULS before arming, and resets if any of them aren't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcimports View Post
Will this give any improvement on Turnigy plush ESC's and KKBoards?
Yes.

Quote:
Unless something is lopsided with the comparator on that board, I'm really not sure why that would help. Hmm! I guess the only thing left to switch would be the ATmega8..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bledi View Post
RCTIMER 20A looks to be the same as RCTIMER 30A. I just open a small windows on the ESC to see the pins but is the order is the same ?
As mentioned in the README.md at https://github.com/sim-/tgy/ and earlier in this thread, the RCTimer 18A, 20A, and 30A that I just received are all the same board with just a different number of FETs. The 10A through 30A seemed to all be "tgy" pinout.
Old Dec 20, 2011, 01:15 PM
Joined Nov 2011
11 Posts
anyone tried the rctimer 40A esc? Are the rctimer 40A working good?
Hdcopter is offline Find More Posts by Hdcopter