HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:26 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2008
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eosbandi View Post
Sure, here it is. Latest codebase, default settings.
B
I have flashed my tgy Plush6A with hex file uploaded from Bandi . I am driving the HK/ hextronix 2000kv 10g motors with HK 5in props.

they will startup at 3s with props
at <10v, the motors sputter and cough but never "kick in"

Even at 3s, they still sputter initially but quickly recover and spin up fine.
If I was building a conventional 3 or 4s machine, it would not be a challenge but at 2s (up to almost 10v) they simply wont startup.

if needed I can supply video

suggestions

Regards
Paul
dowlinger is offline Find More Posts by dowlinger
Last edited by dowlinger; Dec 17, 2011 at 12:32 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:31 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2008
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eosbandi View Post
Hi Simon,
I just wanted to let you know, that I tested your latest commit with my Plush6A ESCs and it works flawlessly.
I think I got the last four ATmega Plush6A's from HK a couple months ago, I ordered 5 and got 4 with AtMega and one with SiLab chip.

Anyway, thanks for the dedicated work.
Regards,
Bandi
Bandi
Are you runnning 2s or 3s
I flashed one of my Plush6A with the hex you uploaded, but the esc wont fire at 2s and is a little jumpy starting at 3s.
so I thought I would check to see what supply voltage you are using, what your config is and how your startup is working.
Thnx
Paul
dowlinger is offline Find More Posts by dowlinger
Old Dec 17, 2011, 12:37 PM
Israel
Joined Aug 2010
58 Posts
Can someone please post correct fuses (that need to be set during flashing)
for RCTimer 20A and 30A ?

for tgy.hex from tgy_2011-12-16_e7975c7b.zip

Thanks
Levinemax is offline Find More Posts by Levinemax
Old Dec 17, 2011, 01:07 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Don't change the fuses at first!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levinemax View Post
Can someone please post correct fuses (that need to be set during flashing)
for RCTimer 20A and 30A ?
for tgy.hex from tgy_2011-12-16_e7975c7b.zip
Thanks
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old Dec 17, 2011, 01:26 PM
hacker
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duypham11 View Post
Hi,

I flashed completely 6 ESCs HK BlueSeries 20A. Everything is ok, the throttle run smoothly with motor MT3506-650kv.
However, when I put props 12X4.5 to the motor, the issue was found.
I could not increase stick to full throttle, does anyone try with full throttle?
I increased the throttle slow enough and saw that when throttle is over about 70%, the motor run wrong it seems to be that the ESC make motor run faster but do not have enough power.
This problem was originally reported by Heiko, who has a similar setup (he was using MT3506 motors and 14" props). I think the problem has to do with the feedback on those boards and possibly the capacitors between the sense lines , causing it to lose timing (by getting early false-crossings), particularly when the demagnetization sense spike happens late in the PWM cycle (eg: at higher currents). Heiko told me that the latest wii-esc does seem to work well for him, so you could maybe try that one instead. I just linked to it in a previous post. Meanwhile, I do have the HK F-20A which is similar, so I'll see if I can reproduce (I did see it on the F-30A until I fried it).
Quote:
And please give some information about these define so I can try and let you know the result as well:
You're probably hitting full throttle, but losing timing before you get there. You can adjust them if you wish. The deadband on non-reversible throttle is basically anything under the STOP value. RCP_DEADBAND is only really needed in the reversible case. The original code describes all of these settings.
simonk is offline Find More Posts by simonk
Old Dec 17, 2011, 03:59 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
*** update ***
*** comparing Int osc (*16 code) with Ext crystal 8Mhz! ***
Changing *16 to *8 is not working well on every motor!!! The start beeps pitch tone are different.
Only the Int osc. does work well with all motors!

So using an ext. 8Mhz (fuses) crystal and changing the code RC_PULS_REVERSE + replacing *16 by *8 does not work, something is missing here! I am probably the cause...

I did put (as nicely as the other components ) a new 16Mhz resonator and set fuses to ext crystal high freq. and as expected everything is working smoothly!

manu
PS: I have the impression that the latest versions are even more smooth startup...

alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old Dec 17, 2011, 06:52 PM
Joined Aug 2010
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
This problem was originally reported by Heiko, who has a similar setup (he was using MT3506 motors and 14" props). I think the problem has to do with the feedback on those boards and possibly the capacitors between the sense lines , causing it to lose timing (by getting early false-crossings), particularly when the demagnetization sense spike happens late in the PWM cycle (eg: at higher currents). Heiko told me that the latest wii-esc does seem to work well for him, so you could maybe try that one instead. I just linked to it in a previous post. Meanwhile, I do have the HK F-20A which is similar, so I'll see if I can reproduce (I did see it on the F-30A until I fried it).

You're probably hitting full throttle, but losing timing before you get there. You can adjust them if you wish. The deadband on non-reversible throttle is basically anything under the STOP value. RCP_DEADBAND is only really needed in the reversible case. The original code describes all of these settings.
Thank you very much for spending time on it. I think it also we are doing in very fast output PWM. Currently it is about ~16kHz, isn't it?
Can I adjust this value? is it POWER_RANGE?
How about if I tried to define MAX_POWER = POWER_RANGE + 200?

Thanks,
Duy
duypham11 is offline Find More Posts by duypham11
Old Dec 17, 2011, 07:34 PM
hacker
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
I did put (as nicely as the other components ) a new 16Mhz resonator and set fuses to ext crystal high freq. and as expected everything is working smoothly!
Yes, I would just do that as well (solder on a 16MHz resonator). Yeah, I forgot that the beep code depends on the timing as well, as does wait_if_spike and the pwm_off acsr_save stuff, which will make things not work as well. I'll fix it up later. The only thing that should make startup smoother is the reduction/removal of pwm_wait, in theory.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 07:49 PM
hacker
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Thank you very much for spending time on it. I think it also we are doing in very fast output PWM. Currently it is about ~16kHz, isn't it?
Can I adjust this value? is it POWER_RANGE?
How about if I tried to define MAX_POWER = POWER_RANGE + 200?
Yes, you can double the period (about 9kHz), if you like the audible range. Just comment-out or remove the three condition-checking instructions after "Halve PWM frequency", so it always halves it. If you adjust POWER_RANGE, you'll need to adjust the input PPM pulse code to scale into that POWER_RANGE (between 0 and MAX_POWER). This code is in evaluate_rc_puls.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:01 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,671 Posts
tigar to make them all start the same you have to alter their start time in the source code and recompile to get a custom hex for each esc. Probably running on intrc osc like mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigar View Post
Hi,
I have flashed 4 red brick esc's and they work ok. On my arducopter 2motors start at the same throttle, the third a little bit higher and the fourth almost at half throttle. I have changed the ports on the controller, and the motors also, the problem in in the esc. What should I try next?
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old Dec 17, 2011, 08:20 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,671 Posts
simonk, I actually did try to figure out the fet pinout on this new 6A esc but would feel a lot better if you took a shot at it.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 09:41 PM
Israel
Joined Aug 2010
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
Don't change the fuses at first!
You meam on 20A ? or at all

I did flashed them with tgy.hex from the first page and did the fuses as it says there, i just want to load the new tgy.hex so what should i do with the fuses ?

Thanks in advance.
Levinemax is offline Find More Posts by Levinemax
Old Dec 17, 2011, 09:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Looks like a combo N/P fet in a single SO8 package.
See here for pinout.
http://www.fly-well.com.tw/Products/...C/AP4503GM.pdf
You want to check where gates (pins 2, 4, I think)? go to.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:07 PM
Joined Aug 2010
44 Posts
Hi Simonk, Timecop,

Currently, how many steps does the firmware perform? I saw somewhere it is 250 but I donot know where and what variable define it?

Thanks,
Duy
duypham11 is offline Find More Posts by duypham11
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:34 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
Looks like a combo N/P fet in a single SO8 package.
See here for pinout.
http://www.fly-well.com.tw/Products/...C/AP4503GM.pdf
You want to check where gates (pins 2, 4, I think)? go to.
Thanks TC. I see the 3 driver groups consist of a combo SO8, 5 resistors and a drive transistor so I guess I am looking to see where the base resistor for each of the SOT drive transistors connects to atmel pin. Sound right? To determine which port pin they are on?