manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
10a ...

Hi,
Just uploaded the connections...
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=784
Will play with it further tomorrow. Is there any immediately eye catching difference with the tp.inc layout?
Sorry for the pictures not being that clear.

Thanks,
manu
PS:Simon, your readings were quite good!
alll is online now Find More Posts by alll
Last edited by alll; Dec 16, 2011 at 05:06 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:24 PM
Joined May 2011
62 Posts
Plush6A working

Hi Simon,
I just wanted to let you know, that I tested your latest commit with my Plush6A ESCs and it works flawlessly.
I think I got the last four ATmega Plush6A's from HK a couple months ago, I ordered 5 and got 4 with AtMega and one with SiLab chip.

Anyway, thanks for the dedicated work.
Regards,
Bandi
eosbandi is offline Find More Posts by eosbandi
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:38 PM
hacker
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
Will play with it further tomorrow. Is there any immediately eye catching difference with the tp.inc layout?
Sorry for the pictures not being that clear.
Well, if the pads on the left of the logic side go to the FETs in the same position on the other side, the FET ordering seems different. In the tp.inc pinout, for example, the P/N pairings are PD0 & PD5, PD1 & PD7, and PD3 and PD4. It might still be right depending on how they are connected through to the other side. We're talking about N-fet versus P-fet ordering here. We want to make sure that if we turn on BpFET and AnFET that we're not actually turning on BpFET and AnFET. It doesn't matter if they're not actually in A, B, C == W, U, V order, just as long as it lines up with the sense pins and turns the same direction as in the stock firmware by default.

And as timecop said, it's an 8MHz resonator, so you either have to use intrc (which can drift) by changing the fuses, or change the *16 to *8 in the code (and /16 to /8 in evaluate_rc_puls).
simonk is online now Find More Posts by simonk
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:39 PM
hacker
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eosbandi View Post
Hi Simon,
I just wanted to let you know, that I tested your latest commit with my Plush6A ESCs and it works flawlessly.
Is that with the tgy6a target? Thanks
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:57 PM
hacker
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pug398 View Post
Is anyone using a chip clip type hookup to the atmega? Got a nice little new esc with atmega and 16mhz resonator but no place to connect to other than soldering to chip pin. Can do it just trying not to
alll (manu) and nikivan and others have been making molds out of dental impression type material to fit over the chip and then poke through some pin-holes and then wires right where they are needed, but this is pretty delicate. You can get away with just the reset pin and then the three MOSI, MISO, SCK pins in the corner of the chip, so maybe even just some kind of three-pin thing, a reset pin, and ground clip somewhere. Shrug...
Old Dec 16, 2011, 08:58 PM
hacker
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrad View Post
Hey guys,

Just wanted to say that I flashed the original v1 firmware to my 30a RCTimer escs. It works great. The only thing I miss is that it doesnt have a 'soft start' or whatever. On my big 750kv motors, I have to slowly spool up the motors or else they cant seem to get turning. This is not bad as it kinda is a sort of saftey feature to prevent a sudden launch from the ground, but just thought I would mention it. Once in the air all is fine of course.
Hello! I have a 30A RCTimer and a bunch of ~750kV motors, but they all start fine, so I guess they're not big enough. I have some NTM2830-750 on order. Which are you using? The lastest pushes change start/run timing code quite a bit, and need some more testing. I'll try to upload something tonight.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:20 PM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,682 Posts
I'm using the avroto 2814 770kv with 11x4.7 prop and they start fine with flashed DYS30A esc. Mike's code is sending updates around 330hz and they are running smooth.
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:01 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jan 2008
455 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eosbandi View Post
Hi Simon,
I think I got the last four ATmega Plush6A's from HK a couple months ago, I ordered 5 and got 4 with AtMega and one with SiLab chip.

Anyway, thanks for the dedicated work.
Regards,
Bandi
Bandi
Can you upload the hex for the 6a
I have no way to compile, but I can load the hex
thnx
Paul
dowlinger is offline Find More Posts by dowlinger
Old Dec 17, 2011, 03:28 AM
Joined Jul 2009
2,191 Posts
I just received my 7 rctimer 30 amp and i already cut over to access 6 pad for programmer. I am going to use ponyprog to program tgy.hex into all 7 esc. but do i need to change fuse setting in the ponyprog software for these rctimer 30 amp esc?

thank you
noppita is offline Find More Posts by noppita
Old Dec 17, 2011, 03:45 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Hi,

It look like the pinouts are much closer to your resent add rct50a.inc!
All fets are on the D-Port : ABC-nFets:0,1,3 ABC-pFets:7,4,5
ABC-Sense PC2,3,4 common:PD6

Apart of defining the pins, what about the macro's...

I will give it a try...
Thanks again for your support,
manu
PS:i know for the resonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
Well, if the pads on the left of the logic side go to the FETs in the same position on the other side, the FET ordering seems different. In the tp.inc pinout, for example, the P/N pairings are PD0 & PD5, PD1 & PD7, and PD3 and PD4. It might still be right depending on how they are connected through to the other side. We're talking about N-fet versus P-fet ordering here. We want to make sure that if we turn on BpFET and AnFET that we're not actually turning on BpFET and AnFET. It doesn't matter if they're not actually in A, B, C == W, U, V order, just as long as it lines up with the sense pins and turns the same direction as in the stock firmware by default.

And as timecop said, it's an 8MHz resonator, so you either have to use intrc (which can drift) by changing the fuses, or change the *16 to *8 in the code (and /16 to /8 in evaluate_rc_puls).
Old Dec 17, 2011, 04:25 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Bingo!
see my post for the inc-file! I took the rct50a.inc and changed only the "pairings"

manu
PC: in some inc mux_c is not used. Do 2 sense line are enough?
Old Dec 17, 2011, 04:53 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,763 Posts
No, the ones without mux_c use the other end of comparator instead of ADC, and measure voltage on that line. This has been mentioned in the thread before.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Dec 17, 2011, 04:57 AM
hacker
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
Bingo!
see my post for the inc-file! I took the rct50a.inc and changed only the "pairings"

manu
PC: in some inc mux_c is not used. Do 2 sense line are enough?
mmm, popcorn! ...So does it work? Is it actually an RCTimer 10A? I just received an RCTimer 10A, and it's normal tgy pinout. So, I could merge yours as rct10a, but it seems some boards are different, so we'd have to make that clear if it is in fact the case.

On some boards, one of the phase sense lines goes to AIN1, which is the normal other side of the comparator when ACME and/or ADMUX is disabled. This actually has the benefit of allowing the ADC to be turned with ADMUX and used to ADC from any ADC pin while the comparator is active on that phase; otherwise, the only way to check voltage, etc., while the motor is running is to temporarily disable the zero-crossing detection and use previously-calculated timing values until the ADC completes.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 04:58 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,533 Posts
Regarding the 8Mhz resonator:
Could one show a code line where * 16 or / 16 is used?
And in avrstudio i have the option :
Ext.RC.Osc 8-12Mhz
Ext.Cristal.Resonator Low/Med/High
which one should i use?
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
Old Dec 17, 2011, 05:01 AM
hacker
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dowlinger View Post
Bandi
Can you upload the hex for the 6a
I have no way to compile, but I can load the hex
thnx