HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 20, 2013, 08:32 AM
Joined Mar 2011
16 Posts
Could someone help me with these old-gen v3.1 Plushes ?
They sould be ATMega ones by the date I bought them (mid-2011), they've got pads in a row on the upper PCB, there seems to be 3x4 4166 NFETs, but I can't find any pictures or information on the web to confirm all of that.

So if I'm right, I've got 2 questions :
- which SimonK firmware should I use ? TGY ?
- could someone give me a hint of the mosi/miso/.... sequence ?

Thank you !!
zaggy is offline Find More Posts by zaggy
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 20, 2013, 09:11 AM
United States, FL, Hollywood
Joined Nov 2010
236 Posts
hi there guys where can i find this to download
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1577773
helifreak592 is offline Find More Posts by helifreak592
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:49 AM
CD-ROM Junkie
Camas, Washington, USA
Joined Apr 2001
13,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helifreak592 View Post
hi there guys where can i find this to download
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1577773
You'd be much better off using;
http://lazyzero.de/kkflashtool
Art Newland is online now Find More Posts by Art Newland
Old Apr 20, 2013, 01:19 PM
Joined Apr 2007
1 Posts
New Model of HK-40A ESC?

Hi,

I recently got four HK-40A ESC for my first quad. After reading some about flashing ESCs for multirotors I decided to do so and looked up my ESCs in "The List". There I found the rct50a.hex for my ESCs. But after flashing all motors only stuttered, even after changing the wires. So I removed the heatshrink completely an realised, that my ESCs look different from the picture (see my picture). After checking all the other images in "The List", I came to the conclusion, that my ESCs look more like the Robby Roxxy BL-Control 730 and I have to use the rb50a.hex. That flashed, the ESCs work perfect!

So, to make an long story short: If you have the HK-40A remove the heatshrink an check how they look. If they look like mine use the rb50a.hex.

Hope this helps someone.
Sorry if this has allready been posted, but my quick search revealed nothing...

Have fun!
T1GeR is offline Find More Posts by T1GeR
Old Apr 22, 2013, 12:05 AM
Joined Apr 2013
3 Posts
I have the hk blueseries 20 amp esc and got it flashed with the bs_nfet.hex it worked fine the first time i armed my kk2 board it made the different sounding beeps and idled up the motor and it was delayed in starting compared to the other so i went in to adjust the motor start on the kk2 board uped it to 20 and rearmed the board and nothing happened out of the esc i tried unplugging the battery also tried resetting the throttle adjustment and got nothing still so i hooked the esc up and reflashed it with that file and it said that the flash was succesful i hooked it back up tried everything i tried before and still nothing. you think the esc is fried or s it something else please help i dont want to try flashing the others till i can figure out what went wrong?
cade861 is offline Find More Posts by cade861
Old Apr 23, 2013, 05:27 AM
Joined Mar 2013
13 Posts
reflashing esc

was looking into flashing my esc i read the forum and i have a compatible esc . i know where to connect the wires . can you explain what file i need to upload.

i have the mystery 30 amp firedragon esc
i these are the steps

- Identify the right pins
- Make a connector to the AVR Programmer
- Install AVRDUDE and use this command for reflashing:

just not sure which file to upload
3dx450 is offline Find More Posts by 3dx450
Old Apr 23, 2013, 06:03 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,549 Posts
GO to the google doc with all the compatible ESC https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...BQkZZRlE#gid=0
And search for your ESC, there is on column with the firmware type to use. It is TGY for your ESC.
To make it easier you can use my tool from kkflashtool.de to upload the right firmware. You don't have to download anything more. The tool downloads the firmware for you. Just select Programmer, ATmega8 based ESC and the tgy.hex from the dedicated dropdown boxes.

Christian
LazyZero is online now Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Apr 23, 2013, 12:27 PM
Joined Apr 2013
2 Posts
ESC starts spinning at full throttle

Hi Guys,

I have a question. I have a flashed my ESCs on my octocopter. Today I went flying for the 10th time with this system. Somewhere during flight one of the motors went spinning at full throttle. The octocopter started to compensate, resulting in all motors spinning at extreme speeds. This resulted in a extremely fast climb and finally in a crash.

Any ideas how this is possible?

Thanks!!
trailfinder is offline Find More Posts by trailfinder
Old Apr 23, 2013, 12:48 PM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailfinder View Post
Any ideas how this is possible?
Yes, fix your FC.
ABLomas is online now Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Apr 24, 2013, 02:28 AM
Joined Apr 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas View Post
Yes, fix your FC.
I doubt it is my DJI FC. I never had any problems with that. Any other suggestions? Interference? Calibration?
trailfinder is offline Find More Posts by trailfinder
Old Apr 24, 2013, 03:03 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,434 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailfinder View Post
I doubt it is my DJI FC. I never had any problems with that. Any other suggestions? Interference? Calibration?
Anything.
Bad connectors. Bad hardware. Shortened wires....
n+k causes, and you didn't even wrote which ESC's and which FW are using...
ABLomas is online now Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Apr 24, 2013, 10:01 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Sounds like it was on the way to homeland.
I can assure you it had nothing to do with this firmware though.
Perhaps you want to order some *** ESC to go with your *** controller.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Apr 25, 2013, 04:00 PM
Troy, MI
Joined Jan 2008
103 Posts
Changes to Hobby King F30-A?

Does anyone know if Hobby King made any changes to their F-30A ESC? I flashed three of them for a Tri and they all flashed fine. When I put a battery on them the magic smoke came out almost immediately.

When I remove the shrink wrap the first component that connects to the red motor wire is fried. Thought it may have been a short the first time, but on the second run it fried a motor as well.

Used the latest software off the site with the kkmultiflashtool.

I have six of these same ESC's running in a hexcopter that I made last year and they work great. Not sure why they keep frying this time.
ChuckAdams is offline Find More Posts by ChuckAdams
Old Apr 25, 2013, 06:21 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2012
1,417 Posts
What firmware did you flash it/them with? That side looks identical but pics of the other side would be useful
WendoNZ is offline Find More Posts by WendoNZ
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:41 AM
hacker
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Dec 2010
934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobert View Post
What is the purpose for removing the EMF caps?
Hi, Neal! The capacitors are, in theory, for allowing the code to be more simple in how it deals with noise on the sense inputs. However, it also lags the detected zero-crossing, which makes the motor timing not consistent over the RPM range and in some cases it can make it more difficult to start, since starting has to be very sensitive to anything that looks like crossings as it has no idea what sort of motor is attached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaggy View Post
Could someone help me with these old-gen v3.1 Plushes ?
See the spreadsheet and previous posts on the subject.
simonk is offline Find More Posts by simonk