HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 10, 2013, 05:11 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
1 motor connected alone would work perfectly, but if i had more than 1 motor hooked up, it would cog
Sorry if I missed the relevant parts of discussion, but in general, 1 ESC to 1 motor is a very general rule..
and if You mean more than one set of esc+motor, or something 4in1 where multiple ESCs sits together on one board, it shows only to weak battery or wires (perhaps capacitors or connectors.. simply the weak power). If one motor runs well.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 10, 2013, 07:17 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,577 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by coro View Post
Sorry if I missed the relevant parts of discussion, but in general, 1 ESC to 1 motor is a very general rule..
and if You mean more than one set of esc+motor, or something 4in1 where multiple ESCs sits together on one board, it shows only to weak battery or wires (perhaps capacitors or connectors.. simply the weak power). If one motor runs well.
no i know that you cant have more than 1 motor to 1 esc

and its not weak batteries or wires, because i had the same wiring and esc on previous motors and didnt change anything, and they had been running for over 50flights flawlessly.

when i removed that setup from my heli after giving up with it, i even remade a wiring harness with just 2 esc and motors, and i still experienced the same cogging.
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Apr 10, 2013, 09:14 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
I'm ready (well... i think i am) to flash my F30's with simonk but wanted to clarify a few things......

Does the VCC output on the programmer go to the pad marked +5V (as labelled in the pics in the first post of this thread) ?

When i unzipped the tgy file and clicked on the bs_nfet.hex file the companion9X dashboard came up and i got some pop ups advising that the telemetry channel order and expo settings have been changed. How do i go about using this file without it playing silly buggers with companion9X???

Heres a pic of my pogo pins

nogas is offline Find More Posts by nogas
Old Apr 10, 2013, 09:47 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
OK, i plugged in the programmer, selected USBAVR, the correct file came up, so i pushed the pins down and Hit the FLASH button and all seemed fine until i got the message 'Unable to connect to the remote server'

Now what? I've got a good internet connection, should i use the offline option?
Old Apr 10, 2013, 01:36 PM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogas View Post
and all seemed fine until i got the message 'Unable to connect to the remote server'
Which program told you this?
ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Apr 10, 2013, 04:11 PM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
The avr programmer, it came up in the space below the flash button
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:41 PM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
Anyone help with issue above????

Also, is an external power supply necessary, seen plenty of people do it without one but have noticed more posts lately saying that they had to use an external battery ????
Old Apr 10, 2013, 11:50 PM
United States, IL, Winthrop Harbor
Joined Apr 2013
136 Posts
I just wanted to throw this out there, people have said the HK-SS20a has been coming with the reset pin disabled. I just got 2 HK-SS30a's and both were locked out just the same. Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I didn't see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandav View Post
I flashed these with just the usbasp I bought from Hobbyking, so without the LiPo.
I connected the vcc and ground from the usbasp to the + and - from the servo leads. Actually, you can connect the ground to any ground on the esc as they are all connected.

good luck
I can second this. Just flashed one tonight. Just connected the avr programmers power and ground to the servo lead and it worked fine.
JakeFrmStateFarm is offline Find More Posts by JakeFrmStateFarm
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:12 AM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2012
1,427 Posts
Quote:
The avr programmer, it came up in the space below the flash button
What program were you running on your PC? Where did you get it from?

"The avr programmer" is the piece of hardware you connect to your PC, not the software running on it
WendoNZ is offline Find More Posts by WendoNZ
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:39 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendoNZ View Post
What program were you running on your PC? Where did you get it from?

"The avr programmer" is the piece of hardware you connect to your PC, not the software running on it
Yes, thank you i understand that but i'm not sure the program has a name. Its the same program everyone else seems to be using, i used it to flash my 9XR, i think the file name was called debug???? Not near my home computer right now so cant access it to confirm any more details.

I cant remember where i got it from.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:40 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeFrmStateFarm View Post
I just wanted to throw this out there, people have said the HK-SS20a has been coming with the reset pin disabled. I just got 2 HK-SS30a's and both were locked out just the same. Sorry if this has been mentioned before, I didn't see it.

I can second this. Just flashed one tonight. Just connected the avr programmers power and ground to the servo lead and it worked fine.
So should i not be connecting the VCC and + directly to the pogo / pads??

Or is that info directly related to the esc's your using?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 01:03 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,623 Posts
Quote:
i think the file name was called debug???? Not near my home computer right now so cant access it to confirm any more details.
Probably using ancient chatch tool to flash?
Just read first post. Or take tool directly from http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmulticopterflashtool
ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Apr 11, 2013, 09:43 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
OK, maybe i'm not cut out for this firmware flashing gig. After spending 2 nights just trying to get the programmer to work i'm just about ready to throw in the towel.

I have downloaded the KKmulticopterflashtool v.71 and opened it up but it doesn't seem to be doing what it should.

Die molls instructions state

Quote:
Select your programmer and “atmega 8-based brushless ESC + enable Bootloader” and proceed as always. (!!!select correct firmware)

Wait till verification is successfully done and “avrdude done. Thank you.”

USBASP came up automaticaly and thats what i've got so i left it at that, I've selected ATMEGA 8-based esc + enable bootloader, but i cant select the correct firmware. There is no bs_nfet.hex firmware, in fact there is only about 8 different options. When i try to open the simonk and wiiesc compatibility table i get a google chrome warning, titled 'bad image' stating such and such a file is not designed to run on windows or contains an error and to reinstall it.

After some more reading I then discovered that i shouldn't use firefox to download the tool (as its 32 bit and the tool needs 64 bit browser) so i downloaded with IE but now have a new error, "no JVM could be found on your computer" .

I have tried downloading a 64 bit java jvm but it hasn't made any difference that i can see.

I am seriously lost now and am about to give up as i just cant understand how something that seems quite straight forward can be so difficult?????
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:01 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,574 Posts
Did you install the 64-bit Java? What Windows do you use?

Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Apr 11, 2013, 10:06 AM
Because gas is for BBQ's
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Feb 2011
746 Posts
I did install 64 bit java (well i think it installed), i am using windows 7.

The file that downloaded from java is named jre-7u17-windows-x64 is this correct?
Last edited by nogas; Apr 11, 2013 at 10:11 AM.