HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2013, 07:14 AM
Joined Apr 2012
11 Posts
9351000002 15 Atmega no yes P/N kda.hex

I look before that is KDA.HEX , but in flash tool is not specified kda.hex. There the only one that is similar is KEDA. Is this firmware the kda.hex ? Problem is that i have only 4 esc and i cannot wait 14 more days to new to come.
I flashed blue hk and working fine, but the 15A are some mystery about flash !!!
mzakelj is offline Find More Posts by mzakelj
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2013, 07:23 AM
Joined Jun 2012
15 Posts
i've solved the mystery fm-30a firmware question.
using bs.inc (of bs.hex), this esc works.

for any how need further info, this esc has Si4825DY + Si4856DY fet.
picture attached.
hozone is offline Find More Posts by hozone
Old Apr 04, 2013, 09:04 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzakelj View Post
9351000002 15 Atmega no yes P/N kda.hex

I look before that is KDA.HEX , but in flash tool is not specified kda.hex. There the only one that is similar is KEDA. Is this firmware the kda.hex ? Problem is that i have only 4 esc and i cannot wait 14 more days to new to come.
I flashed blue hk and working fine, but the 15A are some mystery about flash !!!
Yes Keda is kda.hex.

Now it is "Keda (kda)"

Best Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Apr 04, 2013, 09:12 AM
Joined Apr 2012
11 Posts
Thank you. I will try today and go fly tomorrow
mzakelj is offline Find More Posts by mzakelj
Old Apr 05, 2013, 12:48 AM
Joined Jan 2010
494 Posts
I'm about to do my first firmware flash, on some F-30A esc's, but I'm confused about a couple things.

I read the instructions in the first post, and they say to use a .hex file. However, the link provided to download, contains mostly .inc files. Where do I find the correct files?

Also, I did a general google search for the correct hex file (bs_nfet.hex), and found one, but it was called wii-esc firmware. Is this completely different than simonk firmware or the same thing?

And last. I have a very vague memory, I could be wrong, that there was a special version of the firmware that performed better with multiwii than the standard simonk firmware? Is this true, or is my memory wrong?

Thanks.
carl1864 is offline Find More Posts by carl1864
Old Apr 05, 2013, 01:12 AM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2012
1,419 Posts
The hex files are the compiled program you need to flash, the inc files and everything else is the source code.

Use this to get the compiled versions and make flashing easier

http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmulticopterflashtool
WendoNZ is offline Find More Posts by WendoNZ
Old Apr 05, 2013, 09:03 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,867 Posts
well... my eyes are glazed...

Iv been reading through this trying to figure out if there has been a release for the fix with the simonk firmware and pancake motors getting out of sync. Iv read that wii-esc can help but just wondering if there is already a premade firmware. Apparently you have to compile your own wii-esc firmware for each ESC configuration.

My Setup:
Ipeaka 30A (With SimonK)
Tiger Motor MT3506
Battery 4S

The motor will get out of sync when you rapidly increase throttle.

any info would be greatly appreciated!

Chris
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 05, 2013, 09:07 AM
Joined Aug 2005
409 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shauntot View Post
Quick question gents, I'm using blue hobbyking F30a ESCs on a t-copter. I didn't program the ESCs using a programming card but I have flashed them with simonk. Do I still need to set the cutoff settings to NiMh, etc. Or I won't be able to do that now since they have already been flashed?
Hi all... Just wanted to ask if anyone would know the answer to my question? Apologies if this is the wrong thread to ask, thought that this would be the correct thread to ask since the ESCs have been flashed. Thanks in advance
shauntot is offline Find More Posts by shauntot
Old Apr 05, 2013, 09:15 AM
Mobius Cables... I got em'
United States, TN, Oak Ridge
Joined Dec 2011
3,867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziss_dm View Post
Its not difficult to detect, but not much room to compensate. The stock RC filter has time constant around 20us, which is more than 20 deg on MT3506 running on 4s battery. And we have 10-15deg room for compensation. ;(

So, why not just remove them?

Or even better - replace them with smaller ones. 30-40pf ones cancelling "DC bias" effect and not iducing any visible side-effect
I may look into removing the Timing Caps from my Ipeaka's does anyone know where these will be in this ESC?

Do we bridge the connection after or leave it open?

I have a few of the below Caps that i could put in place if something needs to be there.

0805 0.01uF/50V
chanyote66 is offline Find More Posts by chanyote66
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by chanyote66; Apr 05, 2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old Apr 05, 2013, 09:57 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shauntot View Post
Hi all... Just wanted to ask if anyone would know the answer to my question? Apologies if this is the wrong thread to ask, thought that this would be the correct thread to ask since the ESCs have been flashed. Thanks in advance
I think you're in the right place. Read the post right after your question.

Also useful:
https://github.com/sim-/tgy#notes

Edit:
Hmm, I was thinking maybe that post wasn't clear. There is no voltage or temperature cutoff in the simonk firmware (not yet anyway) so nothing to set.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Last edited by LittleMo; Apr 05, 2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old Apr 05, 2013, 11:08 AM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chanyote66 View Post
well... my eyes are glazed...

Iv been reading through this trying to figure out if there has been a release for the fix with the simonk firmware and pancake motors getting out of sync. Iv read that wii-esc can help but just wondering if there is already a premade firmware. Apparently you have to compile your own wii-esc firmware for each ESC configuration.

My Setup:
Ipeaka 30A (With SimonK)
Tiger Motor MT3506
Battery 4S

The motor will get out of sync when you rapidly increase throttle.

any info would be greatly appreciated!

Chris
let me know if you find a fix. i tried the latest wiiesc and simonk, but always had problems.
would work with only 1 motor connected, but with 2 or more motors, the cogging would come back.

currently using hobbywing quattro esc which works good
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Old Apr 05, 2013, 03:16 PM
Joined Jan 2010
494 Posts
I'm doing my first flash. Flashing wii-esc firmware to some F-30A esc's, using the KK multicopter flash tool. Will be for a multiwii tricopter.

However I'm confused about some of these settings. I'm guessing under "select controller type" I choose "wii-esc", however there is also a choice for "wii-esc settings" What does that do?

Then for firmware files, I choose bs nfet, and it gives me 2 choices. either "low side pwm", or "complimentary pwm". What's the difference?

I've looked all over the wii-esc site and web, and can't find good documentation.
carl1864 is offline Find More Posts by carl1864
Old Apr 05, 2013, 05:08 PM
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Jun 2010
164 Posts
Has anyone used this software with windows 8? Just got a new laptop with windows 8 and can't seem to get this to run, Help please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendoNZ View Post
The hex files are the compiled program you need to flash, the inc files and everything else is the source code.

Use this to get the compiled versions and make flashing easier

http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmulticopterflashtool
stwaller12 is online now Find More Posts by stwaller12
Old Apr 05, 2013, 05:27 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2012
1,419 Posts
Have you installed Java (probably the 64bit version, which won't be what your browser tries to install)

What error do you get when you try and run it?
WendoNZ is offline Find More Posts by WendoNZ
Old Apr 05, 2013, 08:07 PM
United States, MI, Brighton
Joined Jun 2010
164 Posts
You were correct! Thanks for that one. I updated to 64bit Java and the software works. Now I have a new problem. I have the Usbavp from Hobbyking and when I try to update the driver it won't do it because it says it doesn't have a signature. Any ideas how to turn off it looking for a signature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendoNZ View Post
Have you installed Java (probably the 64bit version, which won't be what your browser tries to install)

What error do you get when you try and run it?
stwaller12 is online now Find More Posts by stwaller12