Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:54 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoro View Post
I've tried but failed
What exactly you did, what happen, what do you expect, which tools used, etc... ?
ABLomas is online now Find More Posts by ABLomas
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:31 AM
Work sucks....im going flying
UK, Worcestershire, Worcester
Joined Aug 2003
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mart1971 View Post
Hi All,
This looks a lot like the Mystery FM30A, would you agree? This is an Apache AP-30A and as luck would have it I have 4 of them

My only problem is I cant seem to find the FM30A on the list of ESC's so I can work out which Firmware to flash it with,

Can anyone please advise advise which firmware would be the best to try?
I take it no one has a good suggestion of which Hex file to try first? I presumed someone had already flashed a Mystery FM30A so I was hoping to start with what they used.
mart1971 is offline Find More Posts by mart1971
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:56 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,529 Posts
breaking, motor decelerating

@Simon

The breaking effect of the complementary PWM is only possible on certain esc's. What about the "MOTOR_BRAKE", do certain esc handle it better than others. Is it the same principle as COMP_PWM?

Could the "MOTOR_BRAKE" be used dynamically (at all pwm inputs) to decelerate the motor. Sort of PD control loop of throttle input?

manu
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old Feb 17, 2013, 04:58 AM
Joined Jan 2009
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
I'm not sure if thsi will help you but I've been successfully flashing Hobbyking F30 and F40 ESCs using the Hobbyking Atmega programming tool with eXtreme Burner-AVR software .

http://extreme-burner-avr.software.i...1.3b/download/
Thanks for the link but, being a ďnoobĒ I donít think that will work with an my AVRISP V2.1, the down load is asking for an USBasp to be plugged in first which I donít have.

I have AVR studio 4 and also kkmulticopter flash tool which runs very well; when I run AVR Studio 4 to flash the Atmega 168 on the FlyCam Black board I have to first select Stk500, so in KKflash tool Iíve tried Atmel Stk500 having loaded KKflashtool to run for Serial interface first. I have changed the baud rate but I donít think itís the issue.

This is what Iím reading. Avrdude.exe:ser_open():canít open device\\.\COM4. Access is denied. Avrdude.exe done. Thank you
Error during writing flash.

When I select Atmel AVR ISP V2 in KK flash tool I get the following script.

avrdude.exe: stk500v2_command(): failed
avrdude.exe: initialization failed, rc= -1
double check connections and try again, or use ĖF to override this check. What is ĖF? and how?

Here is a picture of the 6 pin to 10 pin adaptor I got the pin out from Atmel data sheet. Iím hoping someone will see where Iím going wrong but I thing itís the avr isp v2.1 that is not talking to KK flash tool. I also have an Arduino UNO if it can be used, all I need is clear instructions. Thanks to all in advance.

Njoro
Njoro is offline Find More Posts by Njoro
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:05 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,497 Posts
Quote:
This is what Iím reading. Avrdude.exe:ser_open():canít open device\\.\COM4. Access is denied. Avrdude.exe done. Thank you
Error during writing flash.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:12 AM
Joined Jan 2009
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas View Post
To overcome the port can't be read I just unplug and plug avr then I get the other message,also I have a time out message come up twice.

My question is has anyone used the AVRISP V2.1 with kk flash too? ABlomas have you used AVRisp V2.1 to flash? thanks.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:27 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,497 Posts
Quote:
ABlomas have you used AVRisp V2.1 to flash? thanks.
No, i use LazyZero tool - works perfect.
You will get the same problems with any software - fix your problems with PC first, not change compilers and other tools...
Old Feb 17, 2013, 05:39 AM
Joined Jan 2009
215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas View Post
No, i use LazyZero tool - works perfect.
You will get the same problems with any software - fix your problems with PC first, not change compilers and other tools...
What problems do you think I have? since as a Noob it's hard to see the forest for the trees

How about a link to LazyZero tool? so I can see what it is?

I'm flashing a FlyCam Black board with the same tool avrisp v2.1 with no issue.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 06:36 AM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
Quote:
What problems do you think I have? since as a Noob it's hard to see the forest for the trees

How about a link to LazyZero tool? so I can see what it is?

I'm flashing a FlyCam Black board with the same tool avrisp v2.1 with no issue.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=LazyZero+tool&l=1

couldn't reset it...
SadSack is offline Find More Posts by SadSack
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:54 PM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
6,695 Posts
Theres always this for new people
http://rcsci.blogspot.ca/2012/08/tut...-flashing.html
irun4fundotca is offline Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:53 PM
Italia, Piemonte, Strambino
Joined Feb 2010
179 Posts
Quote:
Ok my Turnigy multistar "Opto" 30A arrived this morning, they came without any instructions! I also ordered the Atmeg programming tool which I hoped will work with my AVRISP V2.1 that came with my FlyCam Blackboard; please any pointers as to how to get these programing tools to work I've tried but failed so far on a Turnigy Plush 30A and 60A. Before I try flashing the Multistar's I'll flight test them, here are some pictures to add to the spreadsheet. The FET are numbered TCP8020?
Hi.
Looking at your pictures, pcb looks IDENTICAL to the 15A non-opto version.
See pictures HERE (front) and HERE (back). (thanks to picture owner)

Differences:
- no 5V regulated to receiver;
- fully populated FETs.

So... it's a fake opto: not real opto but only 5V out missing
When they will arrive, I'm afraid I'll report same issue on my Multistar 20A (fake)OPTO.

Willy.
willy163 is offline Find More Posts by willy163
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:35 AM
James not bond
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
a quicky...

ztw 12A ( or the ones sold at abusemark)... what is the right fw for them? they look identical to BS12A.. but BS 12A are 2-3s while ztw12a claims 2-4S. (and actually i want something small for 4s)

thanks
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:41 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,144 Posts
BlueSeries 12a can handle 4S
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:07 PM
Work sucks....im going flying
UK, Worcestershire, Worcester
Joined Aug 2003
221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy0933 View Post
a quicky...

ztw 12A ( or the ones sold at abusemark)... what is the right fw for them? they look identical to BS12A.. but BS 12A are 2-3s while ztw12a claims 2-4S. (and actually i want something small for 4s)

thanks
Hi, I have an X230 quad from HK with ZTW 12A esc's and I flashed then with the bs_nfet.hex and it worked a treat.
BR
Mart
mart1971 is offline Find More Posts by mart1971
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:36 PM
James not bond
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mart1971 View Post
Hi, I have an X230 quad from HK with ZTW 12A esc's and I flashed then with the bs_nfet.hex and it worked a treat.
BR
Mart

thx.. appreciate it
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933