HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:39 PM
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,476 Posts
Jetbootz

The RC Timer 50A ESC's with Simon's latest software are incredibly smooth. Might want to give them a try. They work really well with the RC Timer HP4115 and HP4215 motors.

Neal
Nobert is offline Find More Posts by Nobert
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 06:41 PM
Australia, Lord Howe Island
Joined Jan 2010
1,011 Posts
yep I already have them, thanks. I actually bought 25 !

cheers for advice everyone
jetbootz is online now Find More Posts by jetbootz
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:50 PM
Canada, ON, Merrickville-Wolford
Joined Jun 2012
835 Posts
Success!!

I've been following this topic since the summer (back when it was possible to go back and read all the old posts ) and finally have had a go at flashing some of my ESC's.

Because I had one DOA F20 I wanted to test them all before flashing. I built a simple fixture with alligator clips on solid 14g wire, tie wrapped to a base. This allowed me to clip onto all the ESC & motor leads without risk of them touching. On the power side I dug out one of my old 7.2V nicad packs, charged it up and put a tail light bulb in series. This seemed to limit the current to about 1.5A max, hopefully sufficient to prevent "magic smoke escape".

I tested my HK F20's, and HK 10A ones too while I was at it. All were fine, except the previous DOA one that, unfortunately, hadn't "cured" itself.

I removed the power jumper from my USBASP, plugged in the HK socket tool, fired up LazyZero's .70 version of his flashtool, selected bs-nfet.hex with the boot loader and had at it with 4 F20's.

The first one went fine, the second one kept getting an hfuse error until I tried the non-bootloader version. It worked fine, so then I tried the bootloader one again and this time it worked. Third one went kinda like the second, but much quicker because I had a recipe. The last one worked first time with the bootloader version. Go figure, AFAIK all these ESC's were ordered together.

I tried flashing the DOA one, that just causes the motor to shudder, and it does the same think with Simon's FW too, so I guess it's a HW problem somewhere.

Next step is to get them into my Armattan 355 quad and see how they, and it, fly.

Big thanks to SimonK for the FW, Christian for his tool (again), and everyone here who shared their expertise (plus trials and tribulations).

cheers,
Andrew
Banjo5 is offline Find More Posts by Banjo5
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:33 AM
Joined Oct 2012
224 Posts
hello jetbootz

you have very much esc brushless , maybe you rick

i see you use esc brushless 30a hopyking, it work hot ? and it can use lipo 4 s ?
fantasy1988 is offline Find More Posts by fantasy1988
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:41 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,011 Posts
yes the 30amp hobbyking ESC flashed simonKFW is good.

I use it on TBS discovery, on 4S and it runs WARM, not hot

it works very well, very smooth response to throttle and very good flying. hope that helps..
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:52 AM
Joined Oct 2012
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetbootz View Post
on 4S and it runs WARM, not hot

it works very well, very smooth response to throttle and very good flying. hope that helps..
as you say, I feel very attractive. maybe i will try .
you can show me some picture your multi ?
thanks
fantasy1988 is offline Find More Posts by fantasy1988
Old Feb 03, 2013, 06:13 AM
Italy, Apulia, Taranto
Joined Oct 2012
32 Posts
How flash Red Brick ESC locked

Hello
On my hexacopter I have the esc similar to red brick 25A (same PCB and component)
I read in the thread that the new red brick are locked in the programming. So I can not flash them!
There is the possibility to unlock them?
I have an USBasp AVR Programming Device for ATMEL proccessors bought from HobbyKing
Thanks

--------------------------------
G.A.T.
Gruppo Aeromodellistico Tarantino
http://www.gat-taranto.org
birrozza is offline Find More Posts by birrozza
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:07 PM
Joined Dec 2011
249 Posts
Naza motor start problem solved

In an earlier post here I wrote about my problem with a new Y6 I've built. With a Naza and SimonK-ESCs the motors would not start properly. Some would just jitter, some would start and some would not start at all.

I tried all the possible solutions I could find. But no luck.

But: the Y6 (with 10A HK SimonK-ESCs and TGY 2211 2300 KV motors with 6x3x3 props) had all the motors start nicely when I swapped the Naza for a KK2. However, I soon discovered what some of my calculations had proven already: the TGY 2211 2300KV don't like 6" props on 3S batteries. They got very hot, and so did the ESCs.

So I did a test with 2S batteries. It was less powerful, but flying fine. Very smooth. I decided to throw the Naza back in and check if it would work better with 2S batteries. And voila: with the Naza and 2S batteries all the motors behave perfectly well. Starting like they should and driving the Y6 nice and stable.

Quick video (didn't solve this before it was too late for any tests in the daylight, but point proven... stable as a table):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9myqenbi3...%2016%2035.mov
The Naza-LED is blinking desperately in the video because the only 2S battery I had was an old 5600 mAh from my son's RC car...

So, if this makes any sense for you:
Y6, HK10A SimonK, TGY 2211 2300 KV, 6x3x3 props, Naza, 3S batteries =
Trouble all the way. Some motors start, some jitters, some won't start at all.

Y6, HK10A SimonK, TGY 2211 2300 KV, 6x3x3 props,KK2, 3S batteries =
All motors start. Flies well. But both motors and ESCs get hot.

Y6, HK10A SimonK, TGY 2211 2300 KV, 6x3x3 props,KK2, 2S batteries =
All motors start. Flies well for FPV and AP but not enough power for acro. Motors and ESCs don't get hot.

Y6, HK10A SimonK, TGY 2211 2300 KV, 6x3x3 props,Naza, 2S batteries =
All motors start. Flies well for FPV and AP (and the Naza won't allow for proper acro anyway...). Motors and ESCs don't get hot.
eirikso is offline Find More Posts by eirikso
Old Feb 03, 2013, 04:08 PM
VOLTS > AMPS
United States, MN, Buffalo
Joined Jul 2011
3,867 Posts
any advice on why avrdude is not extracting? Win7 64bit system

I will add I'm using the KK gui interface, but I can't get it to extra on my system. A cmd line window opens and closes real quick after clicking on it. Compatability and run as administrator do nothing.
stgdz is offline Find More Posts by stgdz
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:04 AM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noppita View Post
do you have motors for your hevey octo yet? how about low price tiger motor, mt4008, mn3510, mn4014?
These are all good motors but around the same price as the MT2826s he's looking at.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Feb 05, 2013, 03:11 AM
Indonesia, West Java, Bekasi
Joined Dec 2011
11 Posts
MAG8 Toward Pro 18A

Hi....
I have MAG8 Toward Pro 18A but the board looks different from here.
Please help me to choose which .hex suitable for this esc (see attachments).

Thanks a lot !!!.......

(sorry for my bad English)
Hirac is offline Find More Posts by Hirac
Old Feb 05, 2013, 04:13 AM
Indonesia, West Java, Bekasi
Joined Dec 2011
11 Posts
Left side: pFET Si4425
Right side: nFET Si4410
Is the 6-pins white part with "16.00" mean 16MHz ceramic resonator?
Hirac is offline Find More Posts by Hirac
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:08 AM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
7,460 Posts
I'm just wondering has anyone tried the surface programmer tool on hobbyking yet
does it work well?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hing_Tool.html

Charles
irun4fundotca is online now Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 05, 2013, 05:47 AM
Joined Jan 2010
1,011 Posts
yes I have. it rocks... !

all the ESCs in the photos in the post I made above were flashed with this item

beware though. ... pressing down with just the right amount of force is needed, not too much not too little its a real nack you have to get going. I actually thought it was broken first as it didnt seem to flash or even connect.. but after a while i got it. perseverance is needed..
Old Feb 05, 2013, 06:02 AM
Flying Wood For Fun
Canada, ON, Harrowsmith
Joined Jan 2012
7,460 Posts
ok great thanks
irun4fundotca is online now Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member