HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2013, 03:35 AM
Joined Jan 2013
18 Posts
Hi simon K

I have a small isue with one motor at very low speed.

I have calibred the ESC many time but same result.

ESC (0 min 56 sec)

I have the RCTimer SK 40A.

I have try another SK40 and the motor don't do that.

So i suppose that it's the ESC. I try to flash with an old version September.2012
but get the same result.

Simon K do you have the new RCtimer SK40 firmware to see if it can fix this.

Thank's a lot.

Regards.

That is the watchdog alarm. It means that the code did not call the watchdog reset instruction ("wdr") within 16ms. This really shouldn't happen unless the oscillator stops or there is a code bug. The oscillator shouldn't stop, especially if it's internal! Hmm. Can you build from source? I was going to make a tgy_8mhz.hex in the next release. You could try it and see if it's more "stable" in that environment. It's just tgy.inc with F_CPU changed to 8000000.[/QUOTE]
AlphaZ is offline Find More Posts by AlphaZ
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:22 AM
hacker
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopplet View Post
Is the check simply an audio warning and no other difference in how the ESC is operating? If so, I'm not sure the check is useful to the average user other than to confuse them.
I was testing a quad on a NiCd pack to see if props and sensors and things were good without giving it enough power to take off. When I gave too much throttle, the NiCd pack's voltage dropped too much, the ESCs browned out, but the flight board and RX did not (3.3V). When the ESCs reset, I did not lower the throttle in time, and one of them was high enough to calibrate the ESC. This is why I put in the check. It just plays the "dead cellphone" beep pattern and disables calibration. Everything else is the same.
simonk is offline Find More Posts by simonk
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:19 AM
Quarry Rat
South Africa, KZN, Durban
Joined Aug 2007
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
To not destroy the FET if you choose wrong firmware or something other went wrong during flashing.

Best Christian
I tried flashing them again with a 2s and 3s lipo connected but the upload still fails.
AndreKotze is online now Find More Posts by AndreKotze
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:36 PM
Quarry Rat
Joined Aug 2007
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreKotze View Post
I tried flashing them again with a 2s and 3s lipo connected but the upload still fails.
Christian, I've made my own flashing tool in the mean time but I am still unable to upload to these ESCs...
Old Jan 26, 2013, 06:20 PM
Joined Mar 2009
198 Posts
I'm having what I think is timing problems with with my flashed simonk escs. I changed my quad over and it was flying ok for a couple minutes and then there was a ticking and the motor cut out and the quad flipped. I rechecked all connections and props and tried again. This time if flew for longer but again the motor cut out but then rapidly recovered. I've been trying to find an answer and I've gotten a hint that it could be a timing problem with my setup but I can't find a firm answer

My setup is Ecilop quad frame with Avroto 2814 motors with a Paris Multiwii controller. The escs are the Team Blacksheep 30amp escs. \\

Any advice would be very much appreciated. I've got a trip I was hoping to fly it on coming up this week so I need to sort this pronto.

FYI copter was flying fine with regular ESCs before I made the switch.
flyingdogfilms is offline Find More Posts by flyingdogfilms
Old Jan 26, 2013, 07:13 PM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2012
1,428 Posts
Is it the same motor each time? If so look very carefully at any bullet connectors you have in the path to that motor. Rapid recovery would tend to indicate you're losing one of the phases briefly
WendoNZ is offline Find More Posts by WendoNZ
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:35 AM
Israel Montoya
Joined Jan 2007
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaakku View Post
This works:

Turnigy MultiStar 45A + simonk dlu40a.hex
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pSS5EARsJA

It works! Thank you kaakku!
crackup007 is offline Find More Posts by crackup007
Old Jan 27, 2013, 04:05 PM
Ukraine, Odes'ka, Odessa
Joined Mar 2012
3 Posts
Can u help me? It`s possible to flash Eurgle 30A ESC?

It has on board:
Atmega8l 8AU0723
LR7833 652p
6679gh
kia 78d05f

There is somewhere a firmware for it?
reporter.odessa is offline Find More Posts by reporter.odessa
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:44 PM
Philippines, NCR, Pasig City
Joined Mar 2002
44 Posts
Hi guys,

I'm planning on purchasing some esc from Hobby king and would like to ask what are the recommended ones to get? And if it's not asking to much, what are the product ids?

Thanks
erwinf is offline Find More Posts by erwinf
Old Jan 27, 2013, 08:52 PM
Joined Jan 2011
512 Posts
Anybody Else Have This Problem?

Hi all-
Pre calibration, all motors started up at the same time. Post calibration, all motors start spinning up at different times with the increase of throttle. I have tried calibrating all together and all separately with no change. Anybody else have this happen?

Setup
Naza M
Futaba 9C w/DL
NTM 28-26A 1200kv / 250w
Hobby King 30A ESC 3A UBEC (SimonK)

-Thanks
CheckSum is offline Find More Posts by CheckSum
Last edited by CheckSum; Jan 27, 2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 01:52 AM
DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2012
890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckSum View Post
Hi all-
Pre calibration, all motors started up at the same time. Post calibration, all motors start spinning up at different times with the increase of throttle. I have tried calibrating all together and all separately with no change. Anybody else have this happen?

Setup
Naza M
Futaba 9C w/DL
NTM 28-26A 1200kv / 250w
Hobby King 30A ESC 3A UBEC (SimonK)

-Thanks
yes this is documented on f p v labs forum, i do not remember the solution but tra ppy finally figured it out and got the naza working properly with immersion/dragonlink systems and simonk
quad007 is offline Find More Posts by quad007
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:14 AM
Quarry Rat
Joined Aug 2007
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreKotze View Post
Christian, I've made my own flashing tool in the mean time but I am still unable to upload to these ESCs...
Has anybody here perhaps been able to flash "HK-SS30A-HW" ESCs?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 06:27 AM
Hexapilot
Germany, BY, Munich
Joined Mar 2012
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaZ View Post
Hi simon K

I have a small isue with one motor at very low speed.

I have calibred the ESC many time but same result.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZssC2...ature=youtu.be

I have the RCTimer SK 40A.

I have try another SK40 and the motor don't do that.

So i suppose that it's the ESC. I try to flash with an old version September.2012
but get the same result.

Simon K do you have the new RCtimer SK40 firmware to see if it can fix this.

Thank's a lot.

Regards.

That is the watchdog alarm. It means that the code did not call the watchdog reset instruction ("wdr") within 16ms. This really shouldn't happen unless the oscillator stops or there is a code bug. The oscillator shouldn't stop, especially if it's internal! Hmm. Can you build from source? I was going to make a tgy_8mhz.hex in the next release. You could try it and see if it's more "stable" in that environment. It's just tgy.inc with F_CPU changed to 8000000.
[/QUOTE]

I have exactly the same problem with one of the same brand ESC from RCtimer. The problem occurs at higher speed but definitely the ESC is not usable. Luckily I found out before flying too high ...
5 ESCs are working but one does not and I'm not willing to invest into another one to complete my Hexa project.
Maybe I will use for of them for a cheap quad only, but definitely not for the hexa.
hexacop is offline Find More Posts by hexacop
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:21 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,196 Posts
F-20A for 20amps
F-30A for 30amps

and the BlueSeries ones, 12a, 20a and 30a.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwinf View Post
Hi guys,

I'm planning on purchasing some esc from Hobby king and would like to ask what are the recommended ones to get? And if it's not asking to much, what are the product ids?

Thanks
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:58 PM
Joined Apr 2012
65 Posts
Hi all, I managed to flash 2 units of HK-SS30A-HW with tgy.hex. However unable to flash the balance of 2 units. I beleive it may due to RSTDISBL set.

Is there any way to solve this problem?
AlphaBravo is offline Find More Posts by AlphaBravo
Last edited by AlphaBravo; Jan 29, 2013 at 01:24 AM.