HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2012, 05:23 PM
Tucson Avra Valley, Arizona, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,476 Posts
Simon

I have attached the schematic for the new RC Timer 50 Amp ESC's. Sure hope that this helps being able to program them.

Neal
Nobert is offline Find More Posts by Nobert
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:08 PM
kitesurfer
United Kingdom, Blackpool
Joined Dec 2005
1,587 Posts
i have a really strange propblem. seems a litlte like flyheads problem.

ive flown over 30 batterys through my quad running wiiesc falco and 4008 motors. and been totally fine.
then yesterday morning when i put the second battery of the day on, one motor kept cogging on start up. im using the naza on almost high idle speed and like i say, it has been fine for over 30 batteries.
if i repeatidly tried to start up it eventually would start. and flying was fine, (but it was very light wind)
ive just had a chance to look at it at home in my house, and even with props off now, i can get the motor to cogg instantly by shakeing the frame. which is very worrying and lucky it didnt happen in flight.
now it is only this motor and the other 3 work perfectly.

the only thing that changed since the last flight was the temperature outside. it was the coldest ive flown, at probably -1/-2 degrees C.

ill try upload a vid of the problem ASAP, but does anyone have any ideas?

edit: problem solved. dodgy bullet connector... typicle... think ill be getting rid of those :P
AliB is online now Find More Posts by AliB
Last edited by AliB; Dec 09, 2012 at 06:42 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 06:30 PM
kitesurfer
Joined Dec 2005
1,587 Posts
appologies for the phone camera quality

December 9, 2012 22:10 (0 min 37 sec)

December 9, 2012 22:13 (0 min 19 sec)

edit: problem solved. dodgy bullet connector... typicle... think ill be getting rid of those :P
Last edited by AliB; Dec 09, 2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:27 PM
Aerhead
MN
Joined Mar 2009
213 Posts
RC T 50amp opto ESC

Simon and Norbert

I bought 10 of these RC Timer 50 amp opto ESC around 7 months ago. I would appreciate help with flashing them.

Larry
Aerhead is offline Find More Posts by Aerhead
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:00 PM
Joined Jul 2002
1,476 Posts
This is the Version 2 RCT 50 amp ESC as per the schematic above.

Neal
Old Dec 09, 2012, 11:01 PM
Aerhead
MN
Joined Mar 2009
213 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobert View Post
This is the Version 2 RCT 50 amp ESC as per the schematic above.

Neal
Neal

Great now all we need is help!!
I think these 50 amp optos would be good for many people what want to be able to use over 4s lipos.

Larry
Aerhead is offline Find More Posts by Aerhead
Last edited by Aerhead; Dec 09, 2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:46 PM
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Nov 2006
901 Posts
Hi,

I just ordered some mystery 40a esc's from HK. I was looking in the list it says to use bs.hex but I also looked in esc flash tool and it says use m40a.hex.

does anyone know which is correct?

thanks
wister is offline Find More Posts by wister
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:13 PM
hacker
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHead View Post
Hi guys!

I have flashed a few escs but have been having trouble with the two most recently done. I have been getting nothing but strange jitters after proper calibration. Check out the video for an idea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iz1qYPrw21M

Appreciate any help. I'm on holiday in South Africa and would love to get some filming done with my tricopter!
You likely have some broken FETs on the ones that are jittering. Did you flash the wrong board type at some point? I think wii-esc should do the same thing, but you can try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
I took latest git sources. And yes, i can compile (normal as before without the "wrap relative jumps" checked) without errors in avrstudio4.
avrdude.exe: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0840
0xff != 0xf8
As LittleMo said, this is a bug in avrdude, fixed in SVN. But, I was unable to flash er9x in the SVN avrdude, so I think both are still broken. I will work around it before the next release by adding enough new features that the code doesn't shrink. You can also add "nop" instructions until the .hex file is the same size, and then it should also work without verification errors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasy1988 View Post
hi simonk
I expect your help for a long time, brake mode for esc brushless car
when you have spare time, help me a little if you can
Hello! I would like to do this as well, but I haven't had the time yet. Maybe over the holidays...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliB View Post
does it matter if the bemf capacitors are removed while using simonk?
No harm, it just shifts the timing a bit. If anything, it should be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerhead View Post
I have some RC Timer 50 amp opto ESC that I
want to flash for a AutoQuad quadcopter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobert View Post
I have attached the schematic for the new RC Timer 50 Amp ESC's. Sure hope that this helps being able to program them.
Yup, this looks like a new arrangement. By the way, R14 seems to be connected to the wrong Vcc there -- that should be to Vbatt in your schematic. Also, are you sure RA1c, RA2c, RA3c are there in the released versions? If so, there may be some DC bias problems at starting/low speed because of the pretty high impedance and pin capacitance at the ATmega8. I assume R9, R10, R11 are meant to be 4.7k as well.

This layout works well with a 33k and 10k combination since this impedance and the pin capacitance at the ATmega8 makes a pretty well-matched LC filter to remove the PWM noise, and there is still enough signal to swing the comparator during starting, but this only works up to 4S before voltages get too high for the ATmega8. With 47k and 4.7k, the extra 47k to match impedance between the neutral star and the phase pins seems to be too much. The typical single 47k and two sets of 4.7k per phase work better, which seems to be what is in the picture anyway.

So, if that is right, and my quick typing at lunch is correct, the attached .hex might work. Please try it out.
simonk is online now Find More Posts by simonk
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:21 PM
hacker
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wister View Post
I just ordered some mystery 40a esc's from HK. I was looking in the list it says to use bs.hex but I also looked in esc flash tool and it says use m40a.hex.
See this post.
simonk is online now Find More Posts by simonk
Old Dec 10, 2012, 04:22 PM
kitesurfer
Joined Dec 2005
1,587 Posts
thanks simon
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:07 PM
United States, MO, St. Louis
Joined Nov 2006
901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
Thanks, I found that post and one after it, looks like it is bs.hex, but I will check as per your instructions anyway.

thanks, and thanks for the great firmware!!!

John
wister is offline Find More Posts by wister
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:24 PM
Joined Jul 2002
1,476 Posts
Simon

Thanks.
I'll try it this evening.

Neal
Old Dec 10, 2012, 07:55 PM
Joined Oct 2012
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post

Hello! I would like to do this as well, but I haven't had the time yet. Maybe over the holidays...

agree, I will wait
   Christmas and new year, and the year-end holidays. hope you have time to spare

thank again
fantasy1988 is offline Find More Posts by fantasy1988
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:23 PM
United States, OR, Bend
Joined Jan 2008
252 Posts
hi guys,

Firstly, thanks Simon!

Building a new tri and was wondering if any of these 2 (which I think are the same) can be flashed to SimonK's by USB.

Hobbywing Platinum 40A

TURNIGY K-Force 40A

I searched a bunch for a definitive answer and didnt find any. I would like to flash these by USB instead of soldering (yes Im lazy LOL)

thanks

jeff
jeffyd123 is offline Find More Posts by jeffyd123
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:10 AM
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
5,129 Posts
hi all, I have flashed my F40a now with the latest BS firmare + bootloader...

I wanted to see how the turnigy usb linker I have works... or rather if it works..

So I installed the drivers that windows 7 installs by default (silabs) but in lazy zero after I select the turnigy linker I get no love...

I was hoping that there would be a way to "see" the current firmware that is loaded onto the chip...

Anyway I tried to flash the same firmare that is on there and I get an error. Obviously I am missing something here.

The light on the linker goes out after a minute or so...

I did a search but can't find any instructions on just how to connect and use the turnigy linker... I assume I power the targert myself.

thanks!

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg