HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:48 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
At lower power the F30A is just as efficient as the T40A but I still have the unexplained 25% lower maximum power (thrust and amps) from the F30A.
Very simple question - did you calibrated ESC's after flashing (so ESC's will know your testing rig endpoints)?
ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 02:33 AM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas View Post
Very simple question - did you calibrated ESC's after flashing (so ESC's will know your testing rig endpoints)?
Yes, all ESCs were calibrated on the same DX8.

I suppose some ESCs will have a higher resistance than others so with a low resistance motor like the MT4008 it might make a difference.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:44 AM
Joined Apr 2012
50 Posts
Has anyone had any success flashing 50A HK Blue Series ESCs with SimonK firmware and which file seems to be working??

Thanks,

Lance
Vortexxx is offline Find More Posts by Vortexxx
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:17 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2009
11,662 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy0933 View Post
Update on Dynam Detrum 40A

chip layout is same as T40A

hex file used tp_nfet.hex I flashed it with kktool set bootloader[attached]

usblink update is yet to be confirmed... pin identification will be update later with pin id
Dude, this is a life saver, that is a MONEY saver!!!

Thank you.
rimshotcopter is offline Find More Posts by rimshotcopter
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:48 PM
hacker
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Dec 2010
934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuralegendz View Post
Has anyone seen or flashed this version of the HK Redbrick 30a
Hello! Looks the same to me. Assuming they aren't still disabling SPI flashing by setting the RSTDISBL fuse in the factory, it should work if you can flash tp.hex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
Yes, all ESCs were calibrated on the same DX8.

I suppose some ESCs will have a higher resistance than others so with a low resistance motor like the MT4008 it might make a difference.
You'll know if you're reaching full throttle since it should happen rigth before the top of your stick movement, and going higher/trimming higher should have no effect. There is no possible way that resistance will have any effect, or the ESC would catch on fire. It can only be timing (which should only have a very small effect) or input voltage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortexxx View Post
Has anyone had any success flashing 50A HK Blue Series ESCs with SimonK firmware and which file seems to be working??
I haven't got any of those yet since they weren't carrying them before, but since the 60A is "bs.hex", I would assume the 50A is, too. You could try and let us know if it works. If not, you should follow this guide to see what it should be.
simonk is offline Find More Posts by simonk
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:17 PM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post

You'll know if you're reaching full throttle since it should happen rigth before the top of your stick movement, and going higher/trimming higher should have no effect. There is no possible way that resistance will have any effect, or the ESC would catch on fire. It can only be timing (which should only have a very small effect) or input voltage.

OK, the other possibility is that the motors are not all the same but I doubt that. I did check the throttle by going to 125% and, as you say, it makes no difference and I checked for voltage effects by changing batteries. I guess you'd know if it' could be timing on your firmware but the RCTigermotor T40A ESCs are on "high" timing because thay can stall the motors if they're lower.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:48 PM
What goes up...
United States, NJ, Cherry Hill
Joined Feb 2012
1,008 Posts
any idea which pins go where,sorry im used to the simplicity of the f30s
acuralegendz is offline Find More Posts by acuralegendz
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:37 PM
Philippines, Central Luzon, Marilao
Joined Jun 2008
532 Posts
Hi it might not be the proper thread but csn anybody direct me to a seller who has hobbyking simonk f30?
rukie is offline Find More Posts by rukie
Old Nov 16, 2012, 09:47 PM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,037 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukie View Post
Hi it might not be the proper thread but csn anybody direct me to a seller who has hobbyking simonk f30?
I sold a bunch last month but they been out of stock and the last batch I bought I kept for my builds. I will be selling some other mystery 30a soon.
TheFernMan is offline Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:41 AM
Joined Oct 2012
224 Posts
hi simonk

help me again, I have sent message to your inbox ,sorry because it does not fit this thread
I want to change esc braking mode, used for car

I have used the program your,it is posted on this thread, dedicated to the car, use all the type esc brushles of the multicopter
 it works fine, but I want to brake mode become more flexible

First application of reverse throttle = Brake. Back to neutral and then reverse throttle again = Reverse.

when you have free time, help me change the program
Thank you again ,wish health
fantasy1988 is offline Find More Posts by fantasy1988
Last edited by fantasy1988; Nov 17, 2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2012, 01:56 AM
Joined Nov 2012
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
Hello! Looks the same to me. Assuming they aren't still disabling SPI flashing by setting the RSTDISBL fuse in the factory, it should work if you can flash tp.hex.

I haven't got any of those yet since they weren't carrying them before, but since the 60A is "bs.hex", I would assume the 50A is, too. You could try and let us know if it works. If not, you should follow this guide to see what it should be.
Hi simonk i have the same problem of acuralegendz with new redbrick 30A
try many firmware but my first esc burning during test.
The pcb of this esc is very similar to birdie 30A pcb
turrican_1 is offline Find More Posts by turrican_1
Old Nov 17, 2012, 11:52 AM
Kiwi in Germany
Germany
Joined Jun 2010
2,255 Posts
I am having a problem which I am unsure why it is happening. I am having problems calibrating the max throttle on my esc. I have HK a30 esc with the lastest BS N-Fet firmware. When I put it at max throttle, plug the esc into my receiver, then add power the esc doesn't beep but just spools up. Any idea why this is?
whakahere is offline Find More Posts by whakahere
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:57 PM
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by acuralegendz View Post
Has anyone seen or flashed this version of the HK Redbrick 30a
I have the same, tp.hex is working.
You need to calibrate the ESC after flashing or it will not spin.
andi33 is offline Find More Posts by andi33
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:03 PM
What goes up...
United States, NJ, Cherry Hill
Joined Feb 2012
1,008 Posts
Hey andi can you sen me a pic for which pins go where?
acuralegendz is offline Find More Posts by acuralegendz
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 18, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Nov 2012
6 Posts
Here is a picture with cable numbers.
The numbers are from the 10pin cable to the winasp
andi33 is offline Find More Posts by andi33