Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 07, 2012, 11:11 PM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,968 Posts
I had some trouble getting the lazyzero to run on Java, if anyone else gets an error when running the .cmd files then try this, it worked for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotat...&v=D6LaWqZi6Fk

Steve
saabguyspg is offline Find More Posts by saabguyspg
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:04 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,968 Posts
ok on to the next challenge.

I am using a AVR ISP MKII and apparently I am suppose to run this file "kkMulticopterFlashTool_SERIAL" but the program does not run... it gives me the "press a key to continue" dialoge after a bunch of stuff is written to the screen and after I press a button it closes out...

the "kkMulticopterFlashTool" works fine but I can't change the AVR ISP MKII to anything but usb and it needs to be serial.\

alternatively I can just use Atmel Studio but I don't know the settings to enable the bootloader and searching this forum... well... yeah... still looking with no luck for the settings.

Steve
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:45 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,552 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
ok on to the next challenge.

I am using a AVR ISP MKII and apparently I am suppose to run this file "kkMulticopterFlashTool_SERIAL" but the program does not run... it gives me the "press a key to continue" dialoge after a bunch of stuff is written to the screen and after I press a button it closes out...

the "kkMulticopterFlashTool" works fine but I can't change the AVR ISP MKII to anything but usb and it needs to be serial.\

alternatively I can just use Atmel Studio but I don't know the settings to enable the bootloader and searching this forum... well... yeah... still looking with no luck for the settings.

Steve
Can you send me a screenshot with the errormessages in the command window? But BTW AVRISP mkII uses USB as port in kkflashtool. So you can run the cmd without _SERIAL.

Christian
LazyZero is online now Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Nov 08, 2012, 12:57 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,968 Posts
ok so I got the serial one to run by installing the 64 bit java as well as the 32 bit as that is what the command prompt was crashing on...

but I still only see USB not serial....

edit. ok so I can do this via serial? darn... I think I have messed thing up good now becuase I can't even read a sig in atmel studio.

anyway back to the awesome lazy zero tool (thank for this btw) it give me an error when I go to flash that it can not read the usb port.... hence why I assumed I need to select a serial... and also by the instructions it says to use the serial.cmd file if you are using MKII
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:00 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,968 Posts
Attached is the screen I get when trying to flash, the AVR has two green lights... and prior to a few minutes ago I could read sigs etc so I know it's hooked up right in that respect.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:04 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,552 Posts
Did you remove the Jungo driver for the AVRISP mkII? Then it is normal that you can't use it in AVRstudio.
The usblib driver is installed?
Did you power the target circuit? AVRISP mkII doesn't do this.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:12 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,968 Posts
I am powering the target yes,
I removed the jungo driver but it just comes back when I plug it in.
the usblib driver I think I have now but a little confused as to what to do with it and if I even have the right thing... this is correct?

http://www.fischl.de/usbasp/

inside there it's zipped three times then I get a folder... not sure what to do with it honestly.

Steve
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:23 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,552 Posts
No, you need the libusb for avrisp mkII
see http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmu...tool?&#drivers
for the download link. You have to plug the avrisp mki to your pc and uninstall the Jungo driver.
Then install the libusb driver, but don't unplug the avrisp.

Christian
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:28 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,968 Posts
ok I did a system restore to put me back to square one... now I will do the copy past of those directories then do as you suggest above..

I did the libusb driver once and no joy a command box just flashes and goes away..... hence why i have started over.

hey thanks for your time!

Steve
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:42 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,968 Posts
OK had to do all that copy paste stuff to get the cmd file to run... it runs fine but the libusb seems to do nothing... a command box just flashes up and goes away..

thus the lazy zero tool is not seeing the usb port...

any thoughts on the libusb driver install?
Old Nov 08, 2012, 01:52 AM
uavservices on MRF
Calgary Canada
Joined Jun 2006
4,968 Posts
ok got it! I had to go into the device manager and force it to look for those drivers..

all seems to have writen OK!

Now onto testing.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 03:33 AM
Joined Feb 2012
16 Posts
Still: MT 2812-10 77kV sync Problem (?)

Hi-

me again ;-)

The SW I used is:
tgy_2012-09-30_0d3e617 / bs_nfet.hex

I did not remove the BEMF filter caps and think for this FW I do not have to?

I also tried wii-esc-2012-11-04/ comp_pwm/bs_nfet.hex right now but as could be expected (I guess due to non- removed BEMF caps?) performace seems worse (reboot during throttle banging with my servo tester...)

I am really stuck here, so any help would be very appreciated!!!!!

THANKS
Roman
RQuad is offline Find More Posts by RQuad
Old Nov 08, 2012, 08:49 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,987 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
Can you send me a screenshot with the errormessages in the command window? But BTW AVRISP mkII uses USB as port in kkflashtool. So you can run the cmd without _SERIAL.

Christian
How to get a screenshot, please?

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:26 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, HKI
Joined Jan 2012
286 Posts
Hello,

Next i'm going to flash these mystery 40A:s, it's same as Blueseries 40A right? http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=9482

Is right file BS40A, BS-NFET, BS, or something else?

Thanks,

Kari
KariY is offline Find More Posts by KariY
Last edited by KariY; Nov 08, 2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old Nov 08, 2012, 09:45 AM
Ipoh, Perak Malaysia
Joined Jul 2006
3,987 Posts
Hi,

Anyone buy the Mystery 30A esc from Hobbyking recently? How's the bec circuit? Still no good or has that been fixed already?

Thanks in advance for any info.

chewy
chewytm is online now Find More Posts by chewytm