HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:41 AM
T.ing to put on air 100 models
Switzerland
Joined Feb 2008
697 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
Hello! You are definitely losing sync there. I assume this is not the 2012-09-30 version? If not, please upgrade to fix the problem.
Hi SimonK,

I reflashed the ESCs with latest firmware.
I did only one flight, almost all the time in PosHold, which was causing troubles, and had no issues. But there was no wind, so the quad was not very solicited.
I tried to disturb it but motors were all running smooth.
Seems a problem solved
Thanks,

Ric
chiloschista is online now Find More Posts by chiloschista
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:08 PM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,446 Posts
Hi Simon - if I run these with a 6s cell I notice I'm getting more false reverse starts - rotates couple of secs wrong way before it corrects.
Trying it with a 3s to test and it seems to go OK

Any suggestions what I can tweak
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Oct 26, 2012, 01:02 PM
hacker
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikra View Post
Hi Simon - if I run these with a 6s cell I notice I'm getting more false reverse starts - rotates couple of secs wrong way before it corrects.
Trying it with a 3s to test and it seems to go OK

Any suggestions what I can tweak
Yes, I've noticed this with the MT-3506 and still some looping in place with one of my NTM 28-30 750KV. It's a complicated problem because we can get easily confused by the demagnetization when it looks the same as what we are waiting for and we haven't yet learned what the timing should be. It might help to have a longer (but it's already 0xff) or maybe a shorter ZC filter timeout during starting. Longer term, I'd like to see if it's possible to determine position in place with inductive kick measurement and use that for starting and probably in place of stick programming (turn motor to access menus etc). Not sure if it will work, but it would be cool if it did.
simonk is offline Find More Posts by simonk
Old Oct 26, 2012, 02:00 PM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,446 Posts
Thanks for your time on the feedback - I'll try it out.b
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:41 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2012
319 Posts
quick, simple question - could the hk 30a flashed run 6s lipos?
manvsuav is offline Find More Posts by manvsuav
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:16 PM
Chad
United States, CA, Cathedral City
Joined Dec 2010
1,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by manvsuav View Post
quick, simple question - could the hk 30a flashed run 6s lipos?
no the flash doesnt change the power the esc can handle 4s is going to be the best for the hk30a if you want to be safe.
TheOne420 is offline Find More Posts by TheOne420
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:24 PM
Closed Account
Joined Mar 2012
319 Posts
ok thanks! i wanted to try 6s just like the s800 dji to see if i get longer flight times.
manvsuav is offline Find More Posts by manvsuav
Old Oct 27, 2012, 02:46 AM
Slovakia
Joined Apr 2005
3,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne420 View Post
no the flash doesnt change the power the esc can handle 4s is going to be the best for the hk30a if you want to be safe.
Maximum voltage does not change - as it is given by fets and perhaps BEC maximum input.
But on the other side, using 1s lipo as a power pack works well, for some ESCs that did need 2s minimum with original fw.
coro is offline Find More Posts by coro
Old Oct 27, 2012, 08:58 AM
Joined Jan 2012
398 Posts
Squeeling Avrotos

I have about 8 DYS 30 amp escs that probably have older Simonk firmware. I have a quad with four avrotos. They squeal quite a bit hen running. Was wondering whether to update to newer firmware(Simonk) to deal with this issue?
Thanks rkenosha
rkenosha is offline Find More Posts by rkenosha
Old Oct 27, 2012, 09:21 AM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkenosha View Post
I have about 8 DYS 30 amp escs that probably have older Simonk firmware. I have a quad with four avrotos. They squeal quite a bit hen running. Was wondering whether to update to newer firmware(Simonk) to deal with this issue?
Thanks rkenosha
Got nothing to lose, could go back if you don't like it
SadSack is offline Find More Posts by SadSack
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:43 PM
Fly like never crash as always
Rio de Janeiro
Joined Mar 2007
275 Posts
bump

Quote:
Originally Posted by tascheri View Post
can some1 guide me to using the car/boat option, is there a hex file ready? thx.
tascheri is offline Find More Posts by tascheri
Old Oct 27, 2012, 12:51 PM
RC Man Child!
United States, CA, San Mateo
Joined Mar 2010
216 Posts
Just got a buddy code for the atmel socket tool. Thought I'd throw it out there.
Should be about 18$
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...4-5E3E8016FCC0
dhdsracer is offline Find More Posts by dhdsracer
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 27, 2012, 03:03 PM
Actively makin humans obsolete
Northern Virginia
Joined Jul 2007
773 Posts
I just received my F-60A ESCs and was able to flash them by only cutting a small hole in the heatshrink - no soldering!

First: cut hole in heatshrink to expose pads

Next, use "pogo pins" and solder them to perf board. Pogo pins are spring-loaded pins that make contacting to all six pads very easy.

This is how I would flash them - press the pins unto the pads:

My completed flashing setup:
Razor_Racer is offline Find More Posts by Razor_Racer
Old Oct 27, 2012, 04:18 PM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,497 Posts
New version of the ArduinoUSBLinker is up; v0.5. This is a major revision. It now supports run-time on-the-fly pin selection to use for signaling and the bit rate can also be adjusted on-the-fly. This allows you to connect multiple ESC's to one Arduino and flash them one at a time. For example, it could be loaded onto a multicopter's board in order to flash all the ESC's without unplugging them.

It can't run the servo wire signaling as fast as it used to, only about 31kbps (32us) max now due to not using interrupts but the advantage is being able to use any I/O pin.

It can also now be integrated with the MultiWii firmware. It's big though, at least 3K so if you have a lot of MultiWii options enabled it's not going to fit unless you have a MEGA board. Advantage of this is being able to reflash all of your simonk bootloaded enabled ESC's right on your coptor without having to unplug anything or replace your MultiWii firmware. It will run the serial port slower in this mode, only 19200 max. I tried to use the MultiWii serial handlers but it was unworkable so I had to implement a small bit of "manual" serial code handling that doesn't use interrupts. I'll work on trying to shrink the code but there may only be a couple hundred more bytes I can get rid of.

https://github.com/c---/ArduinoUSBLinker/

-----

Alright, hurricane's coming, time to get ready. I really wanted to try my simonk'd quad in the high winds but I broke a prop on the workbench this morning (watch out when resetting your multiwii with the TX on; yes there was blood) and my spares are in the mail.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Last edited by LittleMo; Oct 27, 2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old Oct 27, 2012, 06:06 PM
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMo View Post
New version of the ArduinoUSBLinker is up; v0.5. This is a major revision. It now supports run-time on-the-fly pin selection to use for signaling and the bit rate can also be adjusted on-the-fly. This allows you to connect multiple ESC's to one Arduino and flash them one at a time. For example, it could be loaded onto a multicopter's board in order to flash all the ESC's without unplugging them.

It can't run the servo wire signaling as fast as it used to, only about 31kbps (32us) max now due to not using interrupts but the advantage is being able to use any I/O pin.

It can also now be integrated with the MultiWii firmware. It's big though, at least 3K so if you have a lot of MultiWii options enabled it's not going to fit unless you have a MEGA board. Advantage of this is being able to reflash all of your simonk bootloaded enabled ESC's right on your coptor without having to unplug anything or replace your MultiWii firmware. It will run the serial port slower in this mode, only 19200 max. I tried to use the MultiWii serial handlers but it was unworkable so I had to implement a small bit of "manual" serial code handling that doesn't use interrupts. I'll work on trying to shrink the code but there may only be a couple hundred more bytes I can get rid of.

https://github.com/c---/ArduinoUSBLinker/

-----

Alright, hurricane's coming, time to get ready. I really wanted to try my simonk'd quad in the high winds but I broke a prop on the workbench this morning (watch out when resetting your multiwii with the TX on; yes there was blood) and my spares are in the mail.
That's stellar work, Thanks very much.
I installed The LazyZero KKmulticopter Flash didn't work with turnigy linker but few simple changes worked fine. Or better yet wait till lazyZero adds it proper.

Edit Avrdue.conf and just replace :

Code:
programmer
  id    = "tgyusblinker";
  desc  = "Turnigy USB Linker";
  baudrate = 9600;
  type  = stk500v2;
with this :

programmer
Code:
id    = "'LittleMo'";
  desc  = "ArduinoUSBLinker";
  baudrate = 115200;
  type  = stk500v2;
And Don't Use The Bootloader option! It will break the bootloader and you will need to re-flash bootloader. I tried just to see what happens (yup numnuts) but esc still works and just hangs trying to write to esc with linker.

Can't wait till multiWii FC gets here to try it all out.
Again thanks and SimonK for your on going effort

Phil
SadSack is offline Find More Posts by SadSack
Last edited by SadSack; Oct 27, 2012 at 06:12 PM.