Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:29 AM
Time to learn to fly
The Netherlands, OV, Zwolle
Joined Feb 2012
211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vineet_p View Post
Thanks for the reply.
I don't have a turnigy USB linker right now. I want to re-flash using the USBasp itself.
So I follow same steps without '+enable bootloader...' right?
yes
Sandav is offline Find More Posts by Sandav
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:52 AM
Bitten by the RC Bug....
India, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad
Joined Aug 2011
789 Posts
Thanks a ton mate.
vineet_p is offline Find More Posts by vineet_p
Old Oct 20, 2012, 07:13 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,485 Posts
Quote:
Thanks a ton mate.
You might want to enable the bootloader anyway just in case one day you want to use it. Doesn't hurt.
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Old Oct 20, 2012, 08:18 AM
Bitten by the RC Bug....
Joined Aug 2011
789 Posts
If I try enabling the bootloader, it doesn't flash at all. I get the error "Error writing flash' or something like that.
I'll try without enabling the bootloader tomorrow and see.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 09:50 AM
Bitten by the RC Bug....
Joined Aug 2011
789 Posts
Okay, Thanks for all your help guys.
I tried re-flashing them with the latest firmware using LazyZero's *serial* flash tool *without* enabling bootloader.
Old Oct 20, 2012, 10:53 AM
Note - Self Destruct - OFF
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jun 2012
57 Posts
ESC firmware updating by Linker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigar View Post
thanks I will try this sequence and let you know.
A few weeks back I did the same with rctimers and usblinker worked first time without ext power.
Now I have trouble with F30...
Quote:
Originally Posted by whakahere View Post
Thanks for tigar for asking usb linker question and SimonK for the answer! I am having problems with the F30 as well. I couldn't get it to work. I will try this out tomorrow. cheers.
Quote:
Okay, Thanks for all your help guys.
I tried re-flashing them with the latest firmware using LazyZero's *serial* flash tool *without* enabling bootloader.
SimonK answered Tigar also on power sequence to get the Linker to work, I was going thru the same last night ( just got my linker & had to play ), Took me a moment to risk it after getting the same error when using the + bootloader option. just want to add.

Note that in Windows the SiLabs CP210x driver is set to be power controlled by the OS by default, uncheck that in the driver properties power management, and also do not connect the 5v red + middle pin thru to the esc - either build a jumper or lift the plastic tab & pull the red wire. (& put back after ) there is a YouTube video and blog by spinoinside that shows such a jumper.

Happy flying y'all.
Arcorsai is offline Find More Posts by Arcorsai
Old Oct 20, 2012, 11:17 AM
Bitten by the RC Bug....
Joined Aug 2011
789 Posts
Thanks Arcorsai. I tried flashing thru USBasp (I don't have a linker in hand) without the bootloader and it worked. But this means I'll not be able to reflash thru the linker in the future - anyway I don't want/need to.
Last edited by vineet_p; Oct 21, 2012 at 08:24 AM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:36 AM
Filipino Expat in Saudi
Saudi Arabia, Riyadh Province, Riyadh
Joined Apr 2004
578 Posts
HK MultiStar 10A

just got 4 pcs MultiStar 10Amp ESC http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dproduct=25362 from the PO. I haven't tried it yet but im very much eager to flash it with simonK firmware, anyone have any idea what firmware should i use.
blimppilot@ph is offline Find More Posts by blimppilot@ph
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:11 AM
Nederland, NH, Amsterdam
Joined Jul 2010
992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post

Hi, Frank! I meant frequency as in how often this "random" issue occurs. Is this through your flight board or also testing with your radio or servo tester? Which flight board? I'm trying with my RCTimer 30A and similar motor at 4S, and I'm not seeing it. Is this with AQ?
Yes every time I try to hove it occur and correct is is with the AQ FC.

I am back now to the previous version and they work fine. Sorry never test them with servo tester (will do next time if I find a problem).

//Frank
Frank.T is offline Find More Posts by Frank.T
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:16 AM
Kostas
Greece
Joined Sep 2008
232 Posts
After flashing my blueseries esc I get one beep when I connect battery and no working motor. I have 4 of them which needs bs.hex and 4 with bs_nfet. Any idea?
kstmark is offline Find More Posts by kstmark
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:48 AM
Filipino Expat in Saudi
Saudi Arabia, Riyadh Province, Riyadh
Joined Apr 2004
578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kstmark View Post
After flashing my blueseries esc I get one beep when I connect battery and no working motor. I have 4 of them which needs bs.hex and 4 with bs_nfet. Any idea?
Right after flashing the mcu will reset and you will hear that one beep, you then have to disconnect the esc to the battery and hook it up to the rx and do throttle range calibration, once the throttle range has been recorded you will hear another series of beeps. power cycle everything and you should be able to run the motor.
blimppilot@ph is offline Find More Posts by blimppilot@ph
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:20 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,026 Posts
Quote:
Which BlueSeries do you have and which ones have the issue? The 12 and 30s take bs_nfet.
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:38 AM
United States, VA
Joined Dec 2006
1,485 Posts
I have created a rough sketch () that allows you to load firmware over the servo wire using an Arduino or other ATmega device instead of using an USB Linker. You must have the simonk bootloader flashed and enabled first, from then on updates can be done over the servo signal wire just like the USB Linker.

I did this so that I can use a standard RS-232 serial connection connected to an ATmega328p to flash my ESC's. I didn't want to buy a USB Linker.

Please test carefully and let me know of any problems as this is not well tested.

* Try READING first from the ESC before trying to burn firmware to make sure the interface is working. More testing is needed.

Source code can be found here:
https://github.com/c---/ArduinoUSBLinker
LittleMo is offline Find More Posts by LittleMo
Last edited by LittleMo; Oct 22, 2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 10:57 AM
Kostas
Greece
Joined Sep 2008
232 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFernMan View Post
Which BlueSeries do you have and which ones have the issue? The 12 and 30s take bs_nfet.
I have the HK blue series 30 some of them needs bs.hex and other bs_nfet.hex.
I used an old motor to test them. I changed the motor and everything is ok.
Does any body knows if I'll have any problem with my hexa (naza controller) if I use these 6 esc? All of them are 30 hobbyking blueseries but the 2 of them needs bs_nfet and the other 4 bs. I'm think of putting the 2 different esc at left and right side.
kstmark is offline Find More Posts by kstmark
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:09 AM
Too Many Thread Subscriptions
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2012
2,026 Posts
Quote:
I have the HK blue series 30 some of them needs bs.hex and other bs_nfet.hex.
I used an old motor to test them. I changed the motor and everything is ok.
Does any body knows if I'll have any problem with my hexa (naza controller) if I use these 6 esc? All of them are 30 hobbyking blueseries but the 2 of them needs bs_nfet and the other 4 bs. I'm think of putting the 2 different esc at left and right side.
The Naza works will flashed ESCs. The ones with nfets are better.

You didn't say which ones are the ones with the issues. Bs_nfets or bs. ?

Did you do the throttle calibration like blimppilot said?
TheFernMan is online now Find More Posts by TheFernMan