HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:10 AM
Brasil, PE, Gravatá
Joined Apr 2004
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
I'm not sure, I have't seen it. It might be bs_nfet, or it might be something different, like bs40a or something else.
Thank you.
You did a great job, the Maytech 30 Amp ESC programmed with firmware Simonk works very well.

Edson
Harpia is offline Find More Posts by Harpia
Last edited by Harpia; Sep 18, 2012 at 07:08 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Aug 2012
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saabguyspg View Post
I have a picture on my home computer that I found with the connections labeled... do you need it? if so I will post it tonight.

steve
hey steve, if you got a pic that would be ace. thanks

And simon thanks for the info, but i don't have a meter(yet). i flashed my first esc' last week for my zero uav FC. massive improvement. thanks loads!
whizz101 is offline Find More Posts by whizz101
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:56 PM
James not bond
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
@simon

just to confirm something
my hexa has all 3 clockwise rotating motors heavily heated up.... and I got a comment on this.. just to confirm if it might be the problem?

Quote:
I seem to remember reading somewhere with the simon flash that each esc was to be flashed separately and all throttle setting separately one at a time on receiver throttle channel. I just glanced over it so not sure which thread I read that on.
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:02 AM
hacker
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy0933 View Post
just to confirm something
my hexa has all 3 clockwise rotating motors heavily heated up.... and I got a comment on this.. just to confirm if it might be the problem?
If it flies OK, it's nothing to do with calibration, and probably an issue with motor mounting or one group of propellers having more pitch than the other.
simonk is offline Find More Posts by simonk
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:07 AM
James not bond
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
Quote:
If it flies OK, it's nothing to do with calibration, and probably an issue with motor mounting or one group of propellers having more pitch than the other.
yeah.. I'm actually suspecting the props... anyways... eliminate one possibility..

thx man
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:45 AM
Joined Apr 2008
356 Posts
hi all

i have four brand new BlueSeries 40A ESCs from HK, just flashed with the specific bs40a.hex FW. flashing went well, but 2 of them don't arm at all anymore (even if connected directly to an rx) and other two start from middle of the throttle range and don't get full throttle. They don't sound like the other simonkeyed ESCs and it not possible to calibrate them (no sound at beginning). I tried to reflash them with usb linker, errors all the way (writing and reading errors). Any suggestion?
GliderLover is offline Find More Posts by GliderLover
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:15 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Nov 2008
2,027 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy0933 View Post
my hexa has all 3 clockwise rotating motors heavily heated up....
had this on a quad - check all motors are vertical !

with those nice cf tubes, can be tricky getting them all aligned
Mike Barton is offline Find More Posts by Mike Barton
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:16 AM
James not bond
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Barton View Post
had this on a quad - check all motors are vertical !

with those nice cf tubes, can be tricky getting them all aligned
actually i got square alu boom and plate mounter... no DOE there...
Old Sep 19, 2012, 05:33 AM
Ungifted Prodigy
Australia, QLD
Joined Jul 2012
288 Posts
Hi there guys, Just got my ordered BS 20a escs.
The first look was not familiar, the esc was kind of different than the older one,

the older i bought about 1 year ago as really dark colored, and the new one i just got about 2 days ago have their copper rails abit exposed. and the oscillator is different and all the fets seems changed.

i ordered 3 for my quad as 2 of my older ones got smoked
btw i flashed them all with the 2012 BS nfet.hex all of the new ones and the old ones.
i havent tried them yet, but do you guys think they can still be used even they look and seem different?

here is the best picture i could get, sorry i dont have a close up lense xD
the JR wire is the New one (orange red brown) and the twisted futaba one is the old one (Black Red White)

Multor is offline Find More Posts by Multor
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:14 AM
Free as a bird now.
United States, FL, Punta Gorda
Joined May 2002
6,603 Posts
I am hoping someone can tell me where I can buy the header pins seen in this photo, They come in long strips of pins, and you break off as many as you need. Thanks!
Brian Courtice is offline Find More Posts by Brian Courtice
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:21 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Ireland, County Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2005
2,659 Posts
Any electronics parts shop as them, Mouser, Farnell,...
Or get them from ebay. Search for male pin headers and you'll find
plenty to choose from.
IceWind is offline Find More Posts by IceWind
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:22 AM
Canada, BC, Nanaimo
Joined Sep 2012
13 Posts
Quote:
Hello No hardware mods, just need to verify that it _does_ have all of the same FETs on the FET side. They are known to be a mix of P/N or all-N even if you buy them at the same, so check each one. It will be bs_nfet.hex (or bs.hex if it's P/N). See https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...jU1YzdBQkZZRlE

Yeah, either the wires aren't connecting properly, a FET is bad, or something is wrong with the circuitry. Since you haven't flashed it, you could try returning it.
Thank you much
Dale.E is offline Find More Posts by Dale.E
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:13 PM
Oporto Portugal
Joined Sep 2007
292 Posts
Help Lash HK F30A ESC

Hello all!

I do not know if it is the right place to put the difficulties I have to program a ESC with the Simon kirb firmware.

I have an AVRISPMKII and using the AvrStudio I can read the actual firmware of the ESC, read the fuses, etc. Using the ESC Flash Tool I can not program the ESC, I get the following MSG: "avrdude.exe: ser_open(): can't open device "\\.\com1": Access is denied" .

I installed the ".NET framework" and the ESC Flash tool according to the instructions.

Can some one help to solve the problem or if I can get the .hex file I can program it directly with the AVRISPMKII. About the Fuses, doen any one know if we need to change the Fuses setting.

Thanks in advance
Manuel
Manuel Silva is offline Find More Posts by Manuel Silva
Old Sep 19, 2012, 01:22 PM
Oporto Portugal
Joined Sep 2007
292 Posts
I looked for some posts back and I think it is the right thred to put the problem of flash the HK F30A ESC with the AVRISPMKII.

Simon, can you, or some one else help solving the problem?

thanks
Manuel
Manuel Silva is offline Find More Posts by Manuel Silva
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:04 PM
hacker
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Dec 2010
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GliderLover View Post
i have four brand new BlueSeries 40A ESCs from HK, just flashed with the specific bs40a.hex FW. flashing went well, but 2 of them don't arm at all anymore (even if connected directly to an rx) and other two start from middle of the throttle range and don't get full throttle. They don't sound like the other simonkeyed ESCs and it not possible to calibrate them (no sound at beginning). I tried to reflash them with usb linker, errors all the way (writing and reading errors). Any suggestion?
Hmm, when you say they don't sound the same, do the beeps sound low? Perhaps you changed the fuses somehow so that they aren't running at the proper speed, and that is making them sound different and not arm. Curious that that the USB linker is able to talk at all but get errors. Can you try with ISP again and read the fuses, and post the values? On the ones that start at middle throttle, do they beep (and enter calibration mode) if you start with the throttle at full? At just around/above middle?
simonk is offline Find More Posts by simonk