HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:00 PM
Joined Jan 2005
19 Posts
hello i have the probleme
i have flsch 3 esc bleus 20amp but for the 4 i see this

vrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e9307
avrdude.exe: NOTE: FLASH memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed
To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
avrdude.exe: erasing chip
avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: reading input file "bs_nfet.hex"
avrdude.exe: input file bs_nfet.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude.exe: invalid record at line 35 of "bs_nfet.hex"
avrdude.exe: write to file 'bs_nfet.hex' failed

avrdude.exe: safemode: Fuses OK

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.
where is the probleme
taomy is offline Find More Posts by taomy
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2012, 05:55 PM
Philippines, NCR, QC
Joined Dec 2011
105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
Can you PM me the content of the black-box? Then I proably can fix that.
http://kkflashtool.de is the short url to the tool.
Thank you for the link sir. Will try it today, and if it still doesn't work, it might be my computer that's not configured for this tool. The small black screen has nothing on it, just a flashing vertical columnn waiting for a command to be written.

appreciate your concern,
larry
larryf8 is offline Find More Posts by larryf8
Old Feb 27, 2012, 06:48 PM
Canada, ON, Southampton
Joined Feb 2005
2,235 Posts
I open a command prompt window, where the target files are, and use AVRDude. One command line to type and it's done. I just did 6 HK BS 30a escs with no problems, easy peasy.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Feb 27, 2012, 07:33 PM
If it flies, I will crash it
USA, CO, Westminster
Joined Jan 2008
3,000 Posts
Quote:
Wow, strong sentence ;-) reputable, trusted, deliberately - I am getting afraid to be boring. No I appreciate your opinion. The point why I was not available for doing these changes is that I was fully booked to support these crappy USBasp clones goodluckbuy sent with the kkblackboards. But these is past, now I had time to add the functions needed to avoid that people flash an ESC firmware to a kkboard and verse visa.

Thanks.

Best Christian
All of my comments regarding you and your efforts where meant to be positive I can assure you. You have been a great asset to the multi-copter community and should be commended for it. I am very grateful for your efforts.

By the way, Christian brings to mind a good point. Even if you use his tool it is very important that you make sure you are flashing the correct target or you may ruin your ESC. The tool only does the flashing, it is up to you to make sure you are flashing with the right firmware.

Rob...
mxspode is offline Find More Posts by mxspode
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:21 PM
Philippines, NCR, QC
Joined Dec 2011
105 Posts
flashing my turnigy basic25A

Success! thank you so much Lazyzero, simonk and you wonderfull guys out there who had the patience, perseverance and downright unselfish attitude in helping us enjoy the amazing satisfaction of setting and flying our multirotors! kudos!

all the best,
larry

ps. iv'e used the latest tool of lazyzero, the tgy file of simonk and the lastest usbasp drivers.
larryf8 is offline Find More Posts by larryf8
Old Feb 27, 2012, 11:30 PM
United States, TX
Joined Dec 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taomy View Post
hello i have the probleme
i have flsch 3 esc bleus 20amp but for the 4 i see this

vrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0x1e9307
avrdude.exe: NOTE: FLASH memory has been specified, an erase cycle will be performed
To disable this feature, specify the -D option.
avrdude.exe: erasing chip
avrdude.exe: warning: cannot set sck period. please check for usbasp firmware update.
avrdude.exe: reading input file "bs_nfet.hex"
avrdude.exe: input file bs_nfet.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude.exe: invalid record at line 35 of "bs_nfet.hex"
avrdude.exe: write to file 'bs_nfet.hex' failed

avrdude.exe: safemode: Fuses OK

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.
where is the probleme
I got the same issue, download the firmware from the site:
https://github.com/sim-/tgy/downloads
and use the version from the download not from the flashing tool.

That solved the issue for me.
pilot006 is offline Find More Posts by pilot006
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:25 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
I open a command prompt window, where the target files are, and use AVRDude. One command line to type and it's done. I just did 6 HK BS 30a escs with no problems, easy peasy.
Yes, that is normally enought. But people are more and more GUI oriented. Especially beginners are more familliar and feel "save" with a GUI. Can't explaine why but I think the command shell is frightening them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxspode View Post
All of my comments regarding you and your efforts where meant to be positive I can assure you. You have been a great asset to the multi-copter community and should be commended for it. I am very grateful for your efforts.

By the way, Christian brings to mind a good point. Even if you use his tool it is very important that you make sure you are flashing the correct target or you may ruin your ESC. The tool only does the flashing, it is up to you to make sure you are flashing with the right firmware.

Rob...
I was just kidding Rob. Thank you for all the commendation. I enjoy it
And right the the user has still deside which firmware he choose. I have to think how to integrate a simplification. A mapping from product name to firmware. But if I interprerete the spreadsheet right there are already one ESC that has two layouts and is soled under the same name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryf8 View Post
Success! thank you so much Lazyzero, simonk and you wonderfull guys out there who had the patience, perseverance and downright unselfish attitude in helping us enjoy the amazing satisfaction of setting and flying our multirotors! kudos!

all the best,
larry

ps. iv'e used the latest tool of lazyzero, the tgy file of simonk and the lastest usbasp drivers.
Yes, you shouold not execute the Java executable file. Please always start the windows command script.

Best Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Feb 28, 2012, 12:26 AM
Joined Sep 2010
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonk View Post
Hi Wishnuu,

This motor (the MT-3506) is a difficult one to drive, particularly at 4S. They sent me one for testing, and I had mostly "fixed" it or at least made it much better, but it can still happen, as you are experiencing. At high current, the timing is lost and it ends up aligning to a harmonic instead of the actual motor timing.

The only solution I have found so far is timing recovery (as opposed to timing loss avoidance), which ziss_dm implemented in his wii-esc tree (another fork of quax' code). I posted about it a few pages ago. Could you try the .hex file posted here and see if it hides the problem for you? If it really does seem to make everything look fine, I'll take another look at it and see if I can some way to merge the recovery without exposing any other issues. See here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=2102
Thank you for answering,
i've tested wii_esc_tgy and it seems like there is no more sync loss:
WII ESC TGY (0 min 32 sec)

But there are another issues:
1. Motor start point is very high (i need to get stick almost in central position to start motor, and yes i did calibrate the throttle)
2. This firmware seems like slower then your one
3. The max rpm on your firmware is higher
and so on.. i don't know may be this firmware just needs some tuning.
So, is that possible to merge this in your firmware?
Wishnuu is offline Find More Posts by Wishnuu
Old Feb 28, 2012, 04:44 AM
remote controlled
Deutschland, BY, WŘrzburg
Joined Jan 2011
61 Posts
Quote:
But if I interprerete the spreadsheet right there are already one ESC that has two layouts and is soled under the same name?
That is possible. There are older versions which need another target than the actual. But in 95% the target is clear.

If you are interested in a written manual about flashing, see here: http://wiki.openpilot.org/display/Do...g+Instructions
It still contains the old flashtool but everyone can edit.

cheers
Tom
TomSn0w is offline Find More Posts by TomSn0w
Old Feb 28, 2012, 07:15 AM
South Korea, Seoul
Joined Feb 2010
18 Posts
RCTIMER 40A / IPEAKA 40A flashing success

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlerbak View Post
Hi all!

I have flashed Rc Timer 40A(see photo) with tp_nfet.hex, but it doesn't work.
Which firmware should I flash?
I have succeeded in flashing RCTIMER 40A (IPEAKA 40A) with tgy.hex!
adlerbak is offline Find More Posts by adlerbak
Old Feb 28, 2012, 10:27 AM
United States, CA, San Clemente
Joined Aug 2008
121 Posts
Just thought I'd throw this out there.. The 25A esc blueskyrc.com is selling http://www.blueskyrc.com/index.php?m...products_id=39

Great price for these ESC's and they ship from Arizona

are the same as the HobbyKing ones here.. http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...rammable_.html

I bought 5 for my new quad build and was please to discover that they are in fact programmable.
xavenged is offline Find More Posts by xavenged
Old Feb 28, 2012, 03:16 PM
Joined Nov 2011
2 Posts
HobbyKing 20A BlueSeries
Differs from that that in the table. What insertion will approach it?
Edward_tlt is offline Find More Posts by Edward_tlt
Last edited by Edward_tlt; Feb 28, 2012 at 03:51 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2012, 05:37 PM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by adlerbak View Post
I have succeeded in flashing RCTIMER 40A (IPEAKA 40A) with tgy.hex!
Good news!! thanks!! i wil try flash my RcTimer 40A too..
cafecubain is offline Find More Posts by cafecubain
Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:23 PM
Canada, ON, Southampton
Joined Feb 2005
2,235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward_tlt View Post
HobbyKing 20A BlueSeries
Differs from that that in the table. What insertion will approach it?
Looks like you have 6 pads to work with. Trace them out with a multi meter and see if any go to the right leg. Are the fets all the same or different ones? I bet they are the same and bs_nfet is the target. I have some older HK BS 30a, without pads(bs.hex) and newer ones with pads and all nfets(bs_nfet.hex).
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Feb 28, 2012, 06:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
That's not nfet . just regular bs.hex. (for BS 20A). Nfet would have either gates or diodes - this one has neither.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)