HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:47 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyZero View Post
Is there still the need to change fuses like mentioned in the first post and the Git?

Best Christian
No.
<simonk> only if it doens't work.

Two cases:
1) WDT is enabled, so it keeps resetting. Turn that off
2) You want BOD to be lower/higher.
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:07 AM
Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6HOO9S0waU

chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Old Jan 20, 2012, 10:27 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
I could tell it was reflashed ESCs cuz I couldn't hear the whine
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:22 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
ok im having some issues. the motors keep dropping rpm randomly. i can't tell what's causing the problem. if you look above in the video, when it drops and i recover, that's not me doing that. the throttle is at like 40% the whole time.

also in wind it isnt that great. it was having some trouble and i had to land it in the grass across the street.

the motors drop in uniform, as if i just put the throttle down to 20% and then i put it back to 80% to recover, then back to normal 40%.
Last edited by chatch15117; Jan 20, 2012 at 11:29 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:42 AM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,529 Posts
Nothing to do with the esc firmware imo, it's the kkb+kkfw+copter+(pilot) setup. For me this a normal behavior for a given setup.

manu

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
ok im having some issues. the motors keep dropping rpm randomly. i can't tell what's causing the problem. if you look above in the video, when it drops and i recover, that's not me doing that. the throttle is at like 40% the whole time.

also in wind it isnt that great. it was having some trouble and i had to land it in the grass across the street.

the motors drop in uniform, as if i just put the throttle down to 20% and then i put it back to 80% to recover, then back to normal 40%.
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old Jan 20, 2012, 11:42 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
ok i finished cache settings. it works. click "download cache" and it will recursively download all files that end in .hex

check the box that says "use cache" and it will not download anything. it will assume you have firmware file specified in the /debug/ directory

Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:57 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,529 Posts
Quote:
That sounds so quiet, what a difference. I'm jealous, shorts and barefeet. I have too go blow out my driveway, dam snow Watch out you don't chop up your toes too.
Buffythesaint is offline Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:58 PM
Espaņa, PV
Joined Apr 2011
150 Posts
Hello,
I am trying to reprogram this ESC:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...C_3A_UBEC.html

Do not get it to work with the file bs.nfet.hex or with bs.het

When just programmed sounds "beep" does not work.

cheers,

Jose
josetxu is offline Find More Posts by josetxu
Old Jan 20, 2012, 01:16 PM
manuLRK
Belgium
Joined Sep 2004
1,529 Posts
It can be done ...
manu
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
What is the possibility? Zero. There's nothing to clip on the MLF package.
Nada, zip.
alll is offline Find More Posts by alll
Old Jan 20, 2012, 01:43 PM
let's brm together!
Czech Republic, Prague
Joined Nov 2011
390 Posts
does anybody know what's different in the current batch of Turnigy Plush 25A ESCs? I had some year old ones, now I got some new ones - look the same, weight is the same, but they beep differently (higher pitched) - so I guess something is different. I'm worried about mixing them on a hexa. Anybody took a look already?
zviratko is offline Find More Posts by zviratko
Old Jan 20, 2012, 03:53 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
http://www.tunerspotter.com/escfirmware/flashtool.zip

new one
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:28 PM
hacker
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Dec 2010
935 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zviratko View Post
does anybody know what's different in the current batch of Turnigy Plush 25A ESCs? I had some year old ones, now I got some new ones - look the same, weight is the same, but they beep differently (higher pitched) - so I guess something is different. I'm worried about mixing them on a hexa. Anybody took a look already?
You're talking about the SiLabs ones, I presume? The whole MCU is different and the firmware behaves quite differently. The throttle ramp may be different and so you may have skewing problems at higher and lower speeds. It's kind of fun to try something that people say not to do, though.
simonk is offline Find More Posts by simonk
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:38 PM
hacker
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Dec 2010
935 Posts
Quote:
I don't see this with anything I fly, but I still need to build a quad (everything has been tri so far). I think some vibration situations can cause the average throttle to be higher while present, and since the vibrations are amplified at the resonant frequencies of the frame, etc., it depends on the current motor speed, and so appear to come and go. I'm not quite sure why this would happen, however, as any oscillation would, in theory, average out to the same as no oscillation unless something (gyros, mixing, throttle response) is non-linear along the way. This is the only theory I have for that at the moment, though.
simonk is offline Find More Posts by simonk
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:44 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
i balanced my props better and the problem kind of went away. i have narrowed it down to normal behavior recovering from high alpha and wind gust.

before the props would hit mechanical resonance - start shaking at X rpm and it would take a burst of power to push past that, then easy to continue past that point. so every time it hit mechanical resonance frequency it would jump and spaz out
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:07 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alll View Post
It can be done ...
manu
Useful response, as usual. He was asking about clips that clip on to *QFP legs working with MLF package. Yes, you can ghetto up wires to them. No, I don't have that kind of time to waste.