Suspended Account
United States, FL, Maitland
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
[QUOTE=timecop;20479386]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatch15117 View Post
LOOL your rock crawler will become "rock shredder"

My program works but I have problem redirecting avrdude.exe output to textbox. plz help.

GOogle C# process/console redirection.
i fixed it solution here

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/...num=1267291828

avrdude is a well coded program. so it redirects "error" output through "standarderror stream". I didn't bother to connect atmel chip and i didn't redirect "standarderror" stream but I expected output to still come out "standardoutput".

you can see how the program fetches files from ftp: go to http://www.tunerspotter.com/escfirmware to see what is in the box
chatch15117 is offline Find More Posts by chatch15117
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2012, 02:47 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
http://www.tunerspotter.com/escfirmware/bin.zip

extract

open FLASHTOOL.BAT

when browsing ftp you will probably see the .zip file in the program. if you flash your AVR with a freaking zip file it's your fault. only flash hex files lol

i included avrdude from winavr. all copyright crap and stuff goes to avrdude and winavr. i just wrote escflashtool.exe

source: http://pastebin.com/agNppqjP
Last edited by chatch15117; Jan 20, 2012 at 02:53 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:39 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,543 Posts
One note (not directly related to flashing) - avoid HK SS 25-30A ESC.
I don't know if that's a bad batch or they simply changed specs, but:
  • Had one (~8 months old), ordered 4 more
  • 4 (new) on quad, turn on - one motor ended with blue smoke. GG, replaced motor, another started to smoke. Disassembled ESC - drops of solder everywhere, one FET broken in half
  • replaced it with older. They differ - old one can be RX-range calibrated easily, works well. Other 3 start not so smoothly, different motor sound
  • after 5 mins of testing (on ground) another motor started to smoke. 1:1 the same issue - it seems that ESC simply shorted 2 windings. This time i have no replacement.
I will disassemble second ESC and check if it's the same problem. Btw, some parts from 1st broken ESC looks like they're second-hand ;-) Rounded corners, solder leftovers.... Hm.
Each of motors has ~15A max current, using recommended (and used by other forum members) props, so i do not overload ESC for sure. Battery is 3S - well within range.

Those ESC looks like nice, price 5$, external OSC (no pads, but should be not so hard to solder directly to pins), but QC sucks. And HK deleted my low star rating review ;-)
ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:44 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, coast
Joined Nov 2009
219 Posts
Quote:
http://www.tunerspotter.com/escfirmware/bin.zip

extract

open FLASHTOOL.BAT

when browsing ftp you will probably see the .zip file in the program. if you flash your AVR with a freaking zip file it's your fault. only flash hex files lol

i included avrdude from winavr. all copyright crap and stuff goes to avrdude and winavr. i just wrote escflashtool.exe

source: http://pastebin.com/agNppqjP
I think this is really a great idea.

Any chance you can get it to work without an internet connection? I don't really understood the Custom option.

berkely is offline Find More Posts by berkely
Old Jan 20, 2012, 05:50 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
custom is to browse the repository. if you click refresh it will list all the files to choose from.

all options download the firmware each time. that way it will be up to date always.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
there are 3 scenarios:

1. known esc. just select your programmer and esc and click flash.

2. known esc. but it doesn't have the firmware listed in the main dropdown(that means it was listed in master excel spreadsheet but did not have firmware listed for it). simply click "custom" and select tgy.hex or whatever timecop tells you will work

3. random/unknown esc. or for special purpose firmware. use the bottom "custom" and click refresh to load all files on the server. in the future i assume there will me more firmwares available for different applications. this is where you can choose that.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 06:56 AM
Joined Nov 2009
219 Posts
I see, yep, works ok.

But the hex files are stored in the debug directory correct? I can imagine I take my notebook to a buddy & flash his ESC's. At that time I don't have an internet connection but I do have the hex files in the debug dir. Do you think it makes sense to add some kind of an option to use the tool offline? For such cases?
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:00 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2011
2,109 Posts
yes i can have it default to the /debug/ directory if there is no internet

i will create a checkbox that says "use cache" and force it to use a firmware from the /debug/ directory. While I'm at it i guess i can make a "cache all" button to download all the firmwares for later use in cache.

so lets say you have /debug/ directory on flash drive. open program, cilck "cache all", head over to your buddy's house where there is no internet. when you get there and open the program, check "use cache" to not use internet.
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:10 AM
Joined Dec 2006
1,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABLomas View Post
One note (not directly related to flashing) - avoid HK SS 25-30A ESC.
I don't know if that's a bad batch or they simply changed specs, but:
  • Had one (~8 months old), ordered 4 more
  • 4 (new) on quad, turn on - one motor ended with blue smoke. GG, replaced motor, another started to smoke. Disassembled ESC - drops of solder everywhere, one FET broken in half
  • replaced it with older. They differ - old one can be RX-range calibrated easily, works well. Other 3 start not so smoothly, different motor sound
  • after 5 mins of testing (on ground) another motor started to smoke. 1:1 the same issue - it seems that ESC simply shorted 2 windings. This time i have no replacement.
I will disassemble second ESC and check if it's the same problem. Btw, some parts from 1st broken ESC looks like they're second-hand ;-) Rounded corners, solder leftovers.... Hm.
Each of motors has ~15A max current, using recommended (and used by other forum members) props, so i do not overload ESC for sure. Battery is 3S - well within range.

Those ESC looks like nice, price 5$, external OSC (no pads, but should be not so hard to solder directly to pins), but QC sucks. And HK deleted my low star rating review ;-)
do you have a pic? mine is also hk ss 25/30a but does not have an ext osc.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1427

got it probably about a year ago.

did they completely change the board?
noobee is offline Find More Posts by noobee
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:28 AM
g0t rabb1t?
Lietuva, Vilnius
Joined Jul 2011
1,543 Posts
No photo atm, but 1:1 the same:

ABLomas is offline Find More Posts by ABLomas
Last edited by ABLomas; Jan 20, 2012 at 07:29 AM. Reason: fixed bbcode
Old Jan 20, 2012, 07:35 AM
Joined Nov 2009
219 Posts
Quote:
yes i can have it default to the /debug/ directory if there is no internet

While I'm at it i guess i can make a "cache all" button to download all the firmwares for later use in cache.
Great, I think that's even a better idea!
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:01 AM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,588 Posts
Thanks for you work on the app C!
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:09 AM
Master of Flash
Alsdorf/Eifel, Germany
Joined Jun 2005
1,569 Posts
Is there still the need to change fuses like mentioned in the first post and the Git?

Best Christian
LazyZero is offline Find More Posts by LazyZero
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:12 AM
VA
Joined Nov 2009
2,658 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timecop View Post
What is the possibility? Zero. There's nothing to clip on the MLF package.
Nada, zip.
Obviously if its leadless package then that is not what I have The package naming info came off here and obviously not correct. Teach me for not using manufacturer data sheet and sorry for the confusion.
pug398 is offline Find More Posts by pug398
Old Jan 20, 2012, 08:46 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
11,764 Posts
If it's tqfp , then those 0.3mm nano clips work great, even on pins next to each other (MISO/MOSI)
timecop is offline Find More Posts by timecop