SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 28, 2011, 08:51 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2011
82 Posts
Question
How Do I get Aux 1 to work with AR6210

Hi Guys,

I am setting up a new plane and trying to use the Aux 1 channel for one of my ailerons. I am using a AR6210 receiver and a non DSMX Dx6i radio.

I have tried to rebind but nothing has changed. On another plane I built I plugged one of the ailerons into the Aux 1 channel on a AR500 receiver and it instantly recognized it as an aileron channel. My understanding is that this is common practice. Is there something I am missing? How do I activate the Aux 1 Channel?

Should I be using a Y harness for my ailerons? Any benefit to using a seperate channel versus a Y harness?

I appreciate you assisatnce,

Cyrus
Cyrus_ is offline Find More Posts by Cyrus_
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2011, 09:10 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
25,215 Posts
The same transmitter programming works with the AR6210 in the same was as it does for an AR6200 or AR6100 or AR6115 or AR7000 ...

You need to tell the tx what you want to use Aux1 for. If you select a 2-aileron configuration, then it will put the left aileron there.

This is a function of the tx, not the rx.

Andy
AndyKunz is offline Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 28, 2011, 09:20 AM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2011
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
The same transmitter programming works with the AR6210 in the same was as it does for an AR6200 or AR6100 or AR6115 or AR7000 ...

You need to tell the tx what you want to use Aux1 for. If you select a 2-aileron configuration, then it will put the left aileron there.

This is a function of the tx, not the rx.

Andy
Thanks for the quick response Andy! How do I tell my DX6i to select a 2 aileron configeration?

Also, any benefit to using a 2 channel aileron configeration versus a Y harness?

I appreciate your help.

Cyrus
Old Sep 28, 2011, 09:52 AM
60 years of RC flying
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2006
16,949 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus_ View Post
Hi Guys,

On another plane I built I plugged one of the ailerons into the Aux 1 channel on a AR500 receiver and it instantly recognized it as an aileron channel. My understanding is that this is common practice. Is there something I am missing? How do I activate the Aux 1 Channel?

Cyrus
The reason that works on an AR500 is that it's a 5-channel receiver and doesn't have Aux1 at all! Slot #6 is connected to slot #2 (aileron). So no programming needed. On the 6-channel receivers you have to program Channel 6 (Aux1 AKA Flap) to produce an output from slot 6

Quote:
Also, any benefit to using a 2 channel aileron configeration versus a Y harness?
Ability to do flaperon setup if desired. Individual adjustment of neutrals. Aileron differential adjustment. Individual servo reversing.

But as long as the servos don't need reversing, a Y-cable (or an AR500) is a nice simple setup for basic models.
Daedalus66 is offline Find More Posts by Daedalus66
Last edited by Daedalus66; Sep 28, 2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 01:13 PM
Staffs, UK
Joined Nov 2003
10,765 Posts
All you need to do is select WINGTAILMIX and set DUALAILE (Dual Aileron Servos) on.

It's all in the DX6i manual page 43 on .

Steve
slipstick is offline Find More Posts by slipstick
Old Sep 28, 2011, 05:37 PM
Toronto, Canada
Joined Jan 2011
82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstick View Post
All you need to do is select WINGTAILMIX and set DUALAILE (Dual Aileron Servos) on.

It's all in the DX6i manual page 43 on .

Steve
Thank you very much. Really appreciate the quick answers.