HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:22 PM
Joined Jul 2010
36 Posts
Help!
Hobbyking shipping?

So im thinking of buying something from HK but i was wondering something with the shipping.
is the ems express registered aswell as tracked or is it just tracked?
thanks
tom
tomtom4867 is offline Find More Posts by tomtom4867
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:56 PM
Australia, QLD, Ipswich
Joined Sep 2008
1,273 Posts
I've never had anuthing come from HK that I didn't have to sign for be it EMS or just cheapest option Int Airmail, not sure about the tracking as I've never been sent a tracking number, or maybe I just never read the "your item has been shipped" email thouroughly enough.
luke352 is online now Find More Posts by luke352
Old Sep 27, 2011, 03:05 PM
Slidell, LA
Joined Oct 2008
171 Posts
the last item i ordered (about one month ago) said it would ship in two to three days but actually arrived in just five days so i was very pleasantly surprised. i didn't track the shipping but that could just be because it got here much sooner than i suspected.
swordds is offline Find More Posts by swordds
Old Sep 27, 2011, 03:09 PM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
3,984 Posts
I always use the cheapest option they have and my stuff gets to me in 1-2 weeks on average. Always on items that have 10+ stock though, never backordered.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Sep 27, 2011, 03:33 PM
Halifax, NS
Joined Sep 2009
404 Posts
I just use registered airmail. It usually arrives within 10 business days from the time it leaves their warehouse. I tried EMS once, but it didn't get here any faster.
karlpenney is offline Find More Posts by karlpenney
Old Sep 27, 2011, 03:44 PM
**** 37130 ****
Joined Aug 2007
1,781 Posts
I ordered some bits last Wednesday to be sent registered airmail. The order was shipped out on Thursday, Left Hong Kong on Saturday and arrived Today Tuesday.
RobC(UK) is offline Find More Posts by RobC(UK)
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:21 PM
Purdue Engineering
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
2,624 Posts
I tend to use EMS for all of my HK orders, as I've found it to be the fastest and most consistent. Sometimes Registered Airmail is pretty quick, but other times it's taken 2 weeks or so. EMS orders almost always arrive just a few days after leaving the warehouse.
Rocketman1092 is online now Find More Posts by Rocketman1092
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:33 PM
Joined Aug 2011
22 Posts
In the past month I have placed 3 orders with them. first two were registered mail and shipped out pretty fast. This last order I went with EMS and it seems like it is taking them forever to get it out of the warehouse...and of course it has the parts I need the most, go figure.
Sky120 is online now Find More Posts by Sky120
Old Sep 27, 2011, 04:36 PM
Joined Jun 2006
5 Posts
Make sure you enter the correct value for customs. HK default to encouraging you to lie. You are braking the law if you accept this default a can be prosecuted.
dabevan is offline Find More Posts by dabevan
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:58 PM
Fueled by Arabica Beans
United States, NY, Syracuse
Joined Oct 2008
3,984 Posts
You won't get caught for buying "toy parts", they've got bigger fish to fry. Besides, I've never seen a place where I could tell them what to put on the customs form.
ChillPhatCat is offline Find More Posts by ChillPhatCat
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:32 PM
Foam Av8r
In Teh Garage (Rossville, GA. USA)
Joined Sep 2008
3,351 Posts
it still has to go through US customs so that will determine how soon you get your package.
RogueTitan is offline Find More Posts by RogueTitan
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:36 PM
Joined Jan 2009
7,643 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabevan View Post
Make sure you enter the correct value for customs. HK default to encouraging you to lie. You are braking the law if you accept this default a can be prosecuted.
The shipper (HobbyKing) fills out the customs declaration. The buyer has no say in it. And yeah, they're playing fast and loose, but that's not my problem. If anyone's going to be prosecuted it'll be HobbyKing, but I somehow doubt that's going to happen.
rafe_b is offline Find More Posts by rafe_b
Old Sep 28, 2011, 09:28 AM
United States, NY, CENTRAL VLY
Joined May 2011
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafe_b View Post
The shipper (HobbyKing) fills out the customs declaration. The buyer has no say in it. And yeah, they're playing fast and loose, but that's not my problem. If anyone's going to be prosecuted it'll be HobbyKing, but I somehow doubt that's going to happen.
Exactly.

With all the containers, etc entering the country everyday, your $30 order from HK means nothing. Some countries care, most don't unless you're getting into things of value.

I used to trade WWII reference books with a friend in Denmark and he always got skunked because he'd have to go and pay taxes, even though it was genuinely a gift and a used one at that.

I ship worldwide and always make sure it's accurate because it's my signature and there's no reason not to. My volume is small compared to HK, I sure it's one thing they just try to get through as easily as possible.
ausf is offline Find More Posts by ausf
Old Sep 28, 2011, 09:51 AM
United States, MA, Medfield
Joined Jul 2010
854 Posts
By the way, if you buy from the USA warehouse (in Washington state) and ship parcel post, and live in Massachusetts, expect it to take almost as long to get your package with your airplane kit as it does for your package with your servos and Rx from China. And the shipping will cost more.

HK got me $12.95 to ship a kit parcel post from the USA warehouse and it took about two weeks to get it.

I can get a few servos from the China warehouse for $2.95 shipping and it takes about ... two weeks.

-l2t
learn2turn is offline Find More Posts by learn2turn
Old Sep 28, 2011, 12:23 PM
Joined Jul 2010
36 Posts
well im in the UK so the usa customs doesnt count :P
tomtom4867 is offline Find More Posts by tomtom4867