Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Closed Thread
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:16 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jan 2006
329 Posts
Discussion
poor customer service- hobby king

I purchased a few items totaling $157 from Hobby King via Paypal on the 15th of Sept and their web site still says my purchase is unpaid and not shipped as of the 26th. I contacted Paypal to make sure the transaction went through before trying to contact Hobby King. Paypal said with out a doubt, $157 was transferred from my account to theirs on the 15th. Hobby Kings phone lines are unanswered and my emails not returned. I was able to contact someone finally on the 26th via their online support and their only answer for me was to contact Paypal. I politely tried to discuss with that customer service rep that I had all ready discussed my dilemma with Paypal and PP said the money was in their account. While I was in the middle of trying to type my response with them, Hobby Kings customer service rep disconnected our conversation. Now I'm pissed. I contacted Hobby Kings customer service rep again and they told me itís not their fault and to contact PP again. I did and PP says the money is in Hobby kings account.

I'm a customer, not a thief. I just wanted what I paid for. Now after trying to discuss my dilemma to unreasonable HK customer service rep, I'm terribly sorry I had ever done business with them before.

Buyer beware of hobby king!!!!!!!!!!
skyracer068 is offline Find More Posts by skyracer068
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:18 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jan 2006
329 Posts
They won't send my items or refund my money!!!

....and they disconnected the chat with me again. The last thing they said was "WHY CAN'T YOU WAIT". I tried to repy that they had my money and wouldn't send my items of refund my money but they disconnected the chat. I paid for the expidited shipping so I don't want to wait for more than two weeks. Never once did I harrass, insult or use foul language (not that I didn't want to). I just want either the items I ordered or a refund. That simple. They continue to call Paypal and me a liar. Watch your back with this dishonest company. A dispute will now be filled with Paypal.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:23 PM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jan 2006
329 Posts
I'm sure all who reads this thread can understand when you pay for expidited shipping, you can't wait. I have a fun fly in less than 2 weeks and would like to fly my new RC Aerodyne Baron 58 there. I ordered my items 11 days ago and their customer service will not send what I ordered and now wont refund my money so I can order the things I need elsewhere. Very disappointed.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:37 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jan 2006
329 Posts
********EXTRA***********
Latest response from hobby king------
I was told by one of their service reps that I should of told Paypal to have the money in their account faster!!!!! WOW. Amazing service!!!!
Old Sep 27, 2011, 06:58 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyracer068 View Post
I purchased a few items totaling $157 from Hobby King via Paypal on the 15th of Sept and their web site still says my purchase is unpaid and not shipped as of the 26th. I contacted Paypal to make sure the transaction went through before trying to contact Hobby King. Paypal said with out a doubt, $157 was transferred from my account to theirs on the 15th. Hobby Kings phone lines are unanswered and my emails not returned. I was able to contact someone finally on the 26th via their online support and their only answer for me was to contact Paypal. I politely tried to discuss with that customer service rep that I had all ready discussed my dilemma with Paypal and PP said the money was in their account. While I was in the middle of trying to type my response with them, Hobby Kings customer service rep disconnected our conversation. Now I'm pissed. I contacted Hobby Kings customer service rep again and they told me it’s not their fault and to contact PP again. I did and PP says the money is in Hobby kings account.

I'm a customer, not a thief. I just wanted what I paid for. Now after trying to discuss my dilemma to unreasonable HK customer service rep, I'm terribly sorry I had ever done business with them before.

Buyer beware of hobby king!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
They won't send my items or refund my money!!!

....and they disconnected the chat with me again. The last thing they said was "WHY CAN'T YOU WAIT". I tried to repy that they had my money and wouldn't send my items of refund my money but they disconnected the chat. I paid for the expidited shipping so I don't want to wait for more than two weeks. Never once did I harrass, insult or use foul language (not that I didn't want to). I just want either the items I ordered or a refund. That simple. They continue to call Paypal and me a liar. Watch your back with this dishonest company. A dispute will now be filled with Paypal.
Quote:
I'm sure all who reads this thread can understand when you pay for expidited shipping, you can't wait. I have a fun fly in less than 2 weeks and would like to fly my new RC Aerodyne Baron 58 there. I ordered my items 11 days ago and their customer service will not send what I ordered and now wont refund my money so I can order the things I need elsewhere. Very disappointed.
Quote:
********EXTRA***********
Latest response from hobby king------
I was told by one of their service reps that I should of told Paypal to have the money in their account faster!!!!! WOW. Amazing service!!!!

Tsk Tsk... crossposting.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1512707

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Sep 28, 2011, 09:51 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jan 2006
329 Posts
I can't believe the repsone I received from HK last night.

"We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience caused. We are sorry our system failed to process your order automatically as you choose paylater on paypal. And we did receive your payment on 15/9/2011."

Oh wow!! Thanks for the half hearted apology. What does my choosing the "paylater" have to do with it? Since I chose to put this order on my Paypal credit card, it's my fault? They should of left that statement out since the next sentance says my money was in thier account as of the 15th.

This whole incident could of been avoided if the online person would of done a little investigating and found the money was actually there. Instead, they insulted me with comments like "WHY CAN'T YOU WAIT" and "you should of told Paypal to have the money in our account faster". No, I can't wait. Thats why I paid for expidited shipping. How much faster could PP of has it in HKs account if it was all ready there?

I have ordered the items I needed from another company and have paid for the fastest shippment possible (which is quite expensive) so I might be able to have my new Baron at our fun fly.

In closing this thread, I still agree that hobby kings customer service is very poor and, they won't contact you untill you have put a hold on the funds you paid for an order you never received.

PS. Mark-I know you think you are my freind and all but...you're not. Before you feel the need to throw up all over someones thread and insult them, get the facts first. You are extremely rude and I have no clue (nor do I want one) on why you need a donkey.
Closed Thread