Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 26, 2011, 08:10 PM
SuperX Hex and X8 Flyer
Columbus, IN
Joined Jul 2009
641 Posts
Question
eLogger V4 not recognized by Data Recorder

Hello - I just purchased the eLogger V4 and it has not been recognized by Data Recorder using either the supplied USB cable or any of the 4 or 5 USB cables that I have here. I am running Windows 7 64-bit and have downloaded Data Recorder Ver. 9.13. My computer recognizes the eLogger as an "ETS eLogger V3" in the Devices and Printers section, so I know that the driver is being loaded. The LED lights on the eLogger continuously blinks 3 times with a short pause in between.

I've gone through the troubleshooting section of the manual, i.e. disconnecting all other USB devices, different USB cables, rebooting, all the other USB inputs on the computer, etc. I will have to wait until tomorrow until I try it on another computer.

I just get hung up at the "Connect your Recorder to your Computer" section of the Recorder Configuration Wizard, and it doesn't let me get any further.

Any ideas?
ross_badger is offline Find More Posts by ross_badger
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:49 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
Hi Ross,

That is very odd. The 3 blinks indicates it has been enumerated by USB, and you are doing everything else right as far as I can tell.

If this doesn't work on your other computer, would you please install our beta (soon to be release) version 10.04, located here? I want to rule out the older software as a possible culprit (though this is a pretty unlikely one).
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:00 PM
SuperX Hex and X8 Flyer
Columbus, IN
Joined Jul 2009
641 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I was able to connect with the alternate computer and it then proceeded to upload the latest firmware to the eLogger. I then thought, alright, I'll try it again on the first computer. No luck with either versions of the Data Recorder software.

This is very strange. Each time I connect the eLogger, I hear the USB connection and the driver loads. I just can't get past the Config Wizard! Pretty frustrating.....

Any other comments would be appreciated. I can get by with using the alternate, but it would be nice to use the computer right next to my heli bench!
ross_badger is offline Find More Posts by ross_badger
Old Oct 15, 2011, 04:32 PM
Joined Jun 2009
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross_badger View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. I was able to connect with the alternate computer and it then proceeded to upload the latest firmware to the eLogger. I then thought, alright, I'll try it again on the first computer. No luck with either versions of the Data Recorder software.

This is very strange. Each time I connect the eLogger, I hear the USB connection and the driver loads. I just can't get past the Config Wizard! Pretty frustrating.....

Any other comments would be appreciated. I can get by with using the alternate, but it would be nice to use the computer right next to my heli bench!
Just got the exact same issue, don't know what else to try...anyone got any ideas? Strange that it's Win 7 also.
starjet is offline Find More Posts by starjet