HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Roswalt, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 07:37 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Trader Rating: 94
Sold
Texas Pickup - Customized F-22 Raptor, Receiver Ready - Mint!

This is a custom built F-22 Raptor. The body is an LX design, but the rest is all custom work.

-Detrum brushless motor, 70mm 5-blade fan
-45-amp brushless speed controller (Hobby Lobby)
-Castle Creations 10A External BEC (Will save your plane in the event of overload)
-Dual-link ailerons and elevators for maximum aerobatic potential
-custom cut plywood mounts with canted electronic servoless retractable landing gears for wide stance
-painted wheels
-Authentic F-22 pilot
-100% accurate F-22 instrument panel
-Heads-up-display!
-2 full coats of water-based polycrylic for showroom shine and protection/durability/aerodynamics

This has been my favorite EDF jet for a long time - It is an ideal trainer jet thanks to the generous wing area and light wing loading that an F-22 has by design. Landings are the easiest you'll ever see on something in this class - I've landed it with absolutely zero power countless times; the glide slope is that good. Nose gear is steerable and the strong retracts go up smooth and slow just like the full scale stuff. Those retracts were completely reworked since the stock design gives a terribly narrow stance that is very prone to tipping over. I do recommend flying this off pavement or similar smooth surface unless you want to hand launch/belly land.

Wingspan = 33.5 inches
Length = 48.5 inches

People stop and stare at this beast all the time, it is in a league of its own. The cockpit gets a lot of compliments and folks just can't get over how stable it flies. I put a lot of personal time and effort into making this the best F-22 out there while remaining flyable and not turning into strictly a museum piece. It is a Smithsonian exhibit that flies!

You will need to supply your own radio system, and a 4-cell 2200mah battery for max performance. If you need a battery, I've got several and will sell you a new one for $20. I've also got DSM2 receivers for $20 as well.

$160 and you are guaranteed a gem. It has exactly 74 perfect landings to its record, zero incidents of any kind. Once you see it and fly it, you'll see why - I'm not that good, the aircraft is!

Local pickup only - SHIPPING AND TRADES NOT AN OPTION. Please feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to get right back to you. Thanks for looking!

-Ron
Roswalt is online now Find More Posts by Roswalt
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2011, 08:42 AM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
Trader Rating: 128
That is one fine plane......love the HUD
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Sep 27, 2011, 09:55 AM
San Antonio, Tx
Joined Jul 2002
1,021 Posts
Trader Rating: 45
Pm sent (text).
Steve
SteveO is offline Find More Posts by SteveO
Old Sep 27, 2011, 11:41 AM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
Trader Rating: 94
Text replied Steve, it is all yours if you want it - Since you are awesome and a prior buyer, I am happy to hold it back for you until you're able to pick it up next week; just let me know if you're sure that you want to buy it so that I can tell other interested parties that its spoken for.

Thanks!
-Ron
Roswalt is online now Find More Posts by Roswalt
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:38 PM
San Antonio, Tx
Joined Jul 2002
1,021 Posts
Trader Rating: 45
Will definitely take it.
Steve
SteveO is offline Find More Posts by SteveO
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:56 PM