HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Sep 26, 2011, 07:35 PM
Registered User
skyracer068's Avatar
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jan 2006
328 Posts
Discussion
Poor customer service-Hobby King

I purchased a few items totaling $157 from Hobby King via Paypal on the 15th of Sept and their web site still says my purchase is unpaid and not shipped as of the 26th. I contacted Paypal to make sure the transaction went through before trying to contact Hobby King. Paypal said with out a doubt, $157 was transferred from my account to theirs on the 15th. Hobby Kings phone lines are unanswered and my emails not returned. I was able to contact someone finally on the 26th via their online support and their only answer for me was to contact Paypal. I politely tried to discuss with that customer service rep that I had all ready discussed my dilemma with Paypal and PP said the money was in their account. While I was in the middle of trying to type my response with them, Hobby Kings customer service rep disconnected our conversation. Now I'm pissed. I contacted Hobby Kings customer service rep again and they told me it’s not their fault and to contact PP again. I did and PP says the money is in Hobby kings account.

I'm a customer, not a thief. I just wanted what I paid for. Now after trying to discuss my dilemma to unreasonable HK customer service rep, I'm terribly sorry I had ever done business with them before.

Buyer beware of hobby king!!!!!!!!!!
skyracer068 is online now Find More Posts by skyracer068
Last edited by skyracer068; Sep 26, 2011 at 07:41 PM.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2011, 09:00 PM
Registered User
skyracer068's Avatar
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jan 2006
328 Posts
I'm in a live chat with them now and they won't send my items or refund my money!!!

....and they disconnected the chat with me again. The last thing they said was "WHY CAN'T YOU WAIT". I tried to repy that they had my money and wouldn't send my items of refund my money but they disconnected the chat. I paid for the expidited shipping so I don't want to wait for more than two weeks. Never once did I harrass, insult or use foul language (not that I didn't want to). I just want either the items I ordered or a refund. That simple. They continue to call Paypal and me a liar. Watch your back with this dishonest company. A dispute will now be filled with Paypal.
skyracer068 is online now Find More Posts by skyracer068
Last edited by skyracer068; Sep 26, 2011 at 09:56 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 09:15 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
35 Posts
Time to call Pay Pal and get your money back. That is the only way you will ever solve that problem cause Hobby City won't help you.
neverask - Topspin is offline Find More Posts by neverask - Topspin
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:04 AM
Merry xmas
KCV6's Avatar
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,289 Posts
Hobbyking don't use phone lines or email?

What exactly does it say in your order info about the transaction? if you click on the order, there will be messages or notes if there is an issue.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Sep 27, 2011, 12:33 AM
Registered User
skyracer068's Avatar
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jan 2006
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
Hobbyking don't use phone lines or email?

What exactly does it say in your order info about the transaction? if you click on the order, there will be messages or notes if there is an issue.

Mark

Right hand /upper corner in BIG LETTERS on HK's web site

PHONE SUPPORT
Canada USA: 1-800-607-5803 (Sure looks like a phone # to me)

My email address is my log in to my account on there site. If there is a problem with an order, they can email me.


The order status for this paticular order says nothing. Thanks for your help.
skyracer068 is online now Find More Posts by skyracer068
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:13 AM
Registered User
skyracer068's Avatar
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jan 2006
328 Posts
********EXTRA***********
Latest response from hobby king------
I was told by one of their service reps that I should of told Paypal to have the money in their account faster!!!!! WOW. Amazing service!!!!
skyracer068 is online now Find More Posts by skyracer068
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:17 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2011
35 Posts
skyracer068, I called that number several times to check on a battery order from the US warehouse. No one ever answers. I don't think it is connected to anything so I have to wonder why they even have it on their website.

I did finally get my batteries but it took a week before they shipped and three more weeks to get from Washington to San Diego. They must be using pony express service.
neverask - Topspin is offline Find More Posts by neverask - Topspin
Old Sep 27, 2011, 01:20 AM
Registered User
skyracer068's Avatar
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jan 2006
328 Posts
...or a sampan. Absolutely the worst customer service ever.
skyracer068 is online now Find More Posts by skyracer068
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:47 AM
Merry xmas
KCV6's Avatar
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,289 Posts
Yeah and if you click on the "phone support" it states how to now contact them. The phone support is no longer used, sure they should take the numbers down. If you have no interest in being helped in any way, by all means tell me where I can go.

It must say something? If there is an issue with payment there is an automatic pay now prompt that allows you to either pay or cancel.

I'm calling you on your EXTRA as well. Why would they ever say that if paypal pays HK with "instant"?

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Sep 27, 2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 02:54 AM
Registered User
skyracer068's Avatar
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jan 2006
328 Posts
I absolutely have no clue on why any customer bassed company would ever let a comment out like that. Mark, you all most sound like a employee of HK. Maybe you can find out why I have been given the responses I have received and why HK hasen't sent my order yet.

"calling all cars, calling all cars........Mark is detecting some foul play in the vendors post"
skyracer068 is online now Find More Posts by skyracer068
Last edited by skyracer068; Sep 27, 2011 at 03:16 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 06:34 AM
Merry xmas
KCV6's Avatar
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,289 Posts
Okey dokey, Lets start at the very beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyracer068 View Post
I purchased a few items totaling $157 from Hobby King via Paypal on the 15th of Sept and their web site still says my purchase is unpaid and not shipped as of the 26th. I contacted Paypal to make sure the transaction went through before trying to contact Hobby King. Paypal said with out a doubt, $157 was transferred from my account to theirs on the 15th. Hobby Kings phone lines are unanswered and my emails not returned. I was able to contact someone finally on the 26th via their online support and their only answer for me was to contact Paypal. I politely tried to discuss with that customer service rep that I had all ready discussed my dilemma with Paypal and PP said the money was in their account. While I was in the middle of trying to type my response with them, Hobby Kings customer service rep disconnected our conversation. Now I'm pissed. I contacted Hobby Kings customer service rep again and they told me it’s not their fault and to contact PP again. I did and PP says the money is in Hobby kings account.

I'm a customer, not a thief. I just wanted what I paid for. Now after trying to discuss my dilemma to unreasonable HK customer service rep, I'm terribly sorry I had ever done business with them before.

Buyer beware of hobby king!!!!!!!!!!

Hobby King have hundreds of PayPal transactions every day. When you checkout on HK and get re-directed to paypal it carries out and "instant payment" to HK. Paypal then tells you your payment was successful before redirecting back to the HK page. You get an email from paypal saying the payment was made with the transaction code and HK also send you an email thanking you for your business. A note is automatically added to your order page stating the order was paid with “Instant” and lists the transaction ID.

All of the above is automatic and the only way it wouldn’t work is if the HK shop was offline or down. If it was offline or down paypal would not redirect back to HK and the paypal transaction would not go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyracer068 View Post
I'm in a live chat with them now and they won't send my items or refund my money!!!

....and they disconnected the chat with me again. The last thing they said was"WHY CAN'T YOU WAIT". I tried to repy that they had my money and wouldn't send my items of refund my money but they disconnected the chat. I paid for the expidited shipping so I don't want to wait for more than two weeks. Never once did I harrass, insult or use foul language (not that I didn't want to). I just want either the items I ordered or a refund. That simple. They continue to call Paypal and me a liar. Watch your back with this dishonest company. A dispute will now be filled with Paypal.
I find this very hard to believe. HK never have an issue with refunding if they have received no money from what I have seen. Why would they? If your payment was not complete for some reason, nothing on your order would be reserved. It would state awaiting payment and there would be a hyperlinked “pay now” and “cancel order” in your order details page. This I know for a fact because I have had 2 orders where paypal was down so it re-directed me back to HK and told me to try again later.

The CS reps would never yell "WHY CAN'T YOU WAIT". Why would they for an order that hasn’t been paid for yet? If you want a refund why don’t you cancel the order using the option on your account page? Or has the order actually been paid for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyracer068 View Post
********EXTRA***********
Latest response from hobby king------
I was told by one of their service reps that I should of told Paypal to have the money in their account faster!!!!! WOW. Amazing service!!!!
Again, if the order hasn’t been paid for why would they care. More importantly as the payment link between paypal and HK is instant and automatic how can any of this be. The only way it could be is if the HK site was down in which case paypal would never ever release funds to them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyracer068 View Post
I absolutely have no clue on why any customer bassed company would ever let a comment out like that. Mark, you all most sound like a employee of HK. Maybe you can find out why I have been given the responses I have received and why HK hasen't sent my order yet.

"calling all cars, calling all cars........Mark is detecting some foul play in the vendors post"
So really this post is nothing to do with HK, it’s about me is it? I don’t work for HK so they have zero nada zip say in what I choose to say, what are you implying? By all means speak up and spit it out.

So any way in your words. Calling all cars, calling all cars. A lot of interesting “facts” here.

of course a simple way of demonstrating exactly what has transpired would be to post up a cut and paste of the order details in your account. I'll go get one now and post it up in a few minutes.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Sep 27, 2011, 06:43 AM
Merry xmas
KCV6's Avatar
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,289 Posts
here you go, you should have the same sort of info.

Note the "XXXXXXXX" are personal details, I suggest you block yours out when you post your order details up as well. Can never be too safe. So yours should have a "Order Messages Notes" ar4ea with a full history of how there was no paypal transaction?

Name XXXXXXXXXXX
Email XXXXXXXXXXXX
Phone XXXXXXXXXXX
Paypal or Credit Card (Amex / Visa / Mastercard) (instant-35448030NN526882G)
Status Paid Customs Inv
XXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
AUSTRALIA
Ph:XXXXXXXXXXX


ID Description Qty STATUS
15128 FatShark Full Color 640x480 FPV Video Goggle 1 Reserved


Shipment EMS Express to Australia (under 500g) NO LIPO $17.23
Taxes $0.00
Total $247.22
Credit Total


Order Messages;
Notes;

Customer paid with: instant
HK Absorbed PayPal Charge:6.23
PayPal Email:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
TXN ID:35448030NN526882G

Reserved: This indicates that the items you have purchased are reserved for this order provided the order is paid for and payment has been received by us.
Unreserved: Payment has not been accepted and the goods are still available to other purchases. After payment has been received the goods will become reserved provided sufficient stock exists to fill your pending order.
Backorder: Insufficient stock available to fill the order. Order held until stock arrives.
JIT-item: These products are stored in our second, larger warehouse and take 3-5 days to be dispatched. The entire order will be dispatched at 1 time.

*If your order is still pending and you're certain you have paid, please do NOT cancel you order. Instead, contact our support staff to double check your payment and process your order.

During Holiday periods (Christmas etc.) orders can sometimes take longer.
Please read our FAQ section


Mark.
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Sep 27, 2011, 06:49 AM
Merry xmas
KCV6's Avatar
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,289 Posts
I'll be nice
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Sep 28, 2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 06:57 AM
Merry xmas
KCV6's Avatar
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,289 Posts
Actually while I'm at it. I do hope KrisW comes in to comment, he is into FPV so I'd like to get his "line" on the 330% markup I paid on my fatshark base goggles in the order details I just put up.

Mark
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Sep 27, 2011, 07:09 AM
Merry xmas
KCV6's Avatar
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,289 Posts
here is another of my orders.

So with this one I accidentally selected pay with credit card on the paypal page so it was instant but not paypal fee less.

Note in the notes section it had to be authorized by Anthony Hand before they would reserve and then pack. This was because it was not a normal paypal payment. It was a CC payment through paypal so I had to pay a transaction fee. (43 cents). Perhaps you did something like this? A simple error on your part, but it would list a message stating it was awaiting management approval?

So anyway to get to the bottom of your issue, what does it say on your order notes on the order page? It has to say something.

Also note with this order the message was "awaiting management approval" and from memory I got an email saying my order was awaiting management approval due to the payment method.


Your Order 2002225739
Name XXXXXXXXXXX
Email XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Phone XXXXXXXXXXXX
VISA / MASTERCARD (No Paypal) + $0.43 (instant-0HM386522A7526618)

Status Paid Customs Inv
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
AUSTRALIA
Ph:xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ID Description Qty STATUS
12901 Hobby King 2.4Ghz Receiver 6Ch V2
2 Reserved
10625 Hobby King GT-2 2.4Ghz Receiver 3Ch
1 Reserved
14155 Battery Clip - 110BS
2 Reserved
14177 Tyres (2pc) - 110BS
2 Reserved
14108 Wheel Hub - 110BS and A2023T
2 Reserved
14176 Wheels (2pc) - 110BS
2 Reserved
14178 Inner Sponge For Tyre (2pc) - 110BS
2 Reserved
14123 10pc E-clip (2.3*0.4) 110BS & A2016T
1 Reserved
14124 10pc E-clip (3*0.4) - 110BS and A2023T
1 Reserved



Shipment International (Registered) Air Mail 301-500g $9.99
Taxes $0.00
Total $44.28
Credit Total

Order Messages;
No notes
- Auth By:Anthony

Reserved: This indicates that the items you have purchased are reserved for this order provided the order is paid for and payment has been received by us.
Unreserved: Payment has not been accepted and the goods are still available to other purchases. After payment has been received the goods will become reserved provided sufficient stock exists to fill your pending order.
Backorder: Insufficient stock available to fill the order. Order held until stock arrives.
JIT-item: These products are stored in our second, larger warehouse and take 3-5 days to be dispatched. The entire order will be dispatched at 1 time.

*If your order is still pending and you're certain you have paid, please do NOT cancel you order. Instead, contact our support staff to double check your payment and process your order.

During Holiday periods (Christmas etc.) orders can sometimes take longer.
Please read our FAQ section
KCV6 is offline Find More Posts by KCV6
Last edited by KCV6; Sep 27, 2011 at 08:05 AM.
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Poor customer service at Value Hobby cnims Vendor Talk 2 Aug 31, 2012 12:21 AM
Discussion Hobby King makes 300% profit. .horrible customer service too KrisW Vendor Talk 111 Sep 25, 2011 01:15 AM
Discussion Advantage Hobby, very poor customer service minklein Vendor Talk 5 Jun 17, 2011 12:27 PM