HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by dafremen, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:06 AM
Indoor RC Hotdog
Joined Aug 2011
270 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
Wanted
An inexpensive 4 or 6 channel Tx with trainer port for Sim use.

Hi,

I recently moved away from coaxials to fixed-pitch helis. Winter's coming up and I'd like to put in some sim time while it's cold outside. Unfortunately, the TX on my MSR Clone doesn't have a trainer port, and Realflight won't work with the USB "two stick joystick" type controllers.

If anyone has a 4 (or 6) channel Tx with a trainer port that they're willing to part with, it would be appreciated. We don't have a lot of $$ to spend(and still afford replacement parts ), but we DO make what they are calling the best chocolate in Michigan ("Brownie On A Stick")..so if the cost is more than we have in $$ we'd be willing to make it up in cocoa butter chocolates.

All assistance is appreciated as I am officially obsessed with helicopters.

Thanks and God Bless,

daf
dafremen is offline Find More Posts by dafremen
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 26, 2011, 05:47 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Realflight will only work with its own controller. You can't just use any controller. The program looks for a true real flight controller when booting up and will not work unless its present.
Druss is offline Find More Posts by Druss
Old Sep 26, 2011, 09:07 PM
Indoor RC Hotdog
Joined Aug 2011
270 Posts
Does PHoenix have the same issues? If so, I got bamboozled. Fortunately (?!) it was only $100 for both..guess I should have known something was up. Sigh.

Still looking for that Tx. Old, new, great, cruddy, covered in stickers and/or cat hair..doesn't matter to me. As long as it works with a trainer cable and now..PHOENIX simulator I guess.

Thanks for the heads up,

daf
Old Sep 26, 2011, 09:33 PM
Canada, AB, Edmonton
Joined May 2008
2,574 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
Nope, phoenix is fine, just need the right cable. Don't have phoenix myself so no idea but I do have an RTF radio that I can sell. It's an old Esky 72mhz one from a king2. Send me a pm if interested.

Here is a list of supported Tx's and whether an adaptor is required.

http://www.phoenix-simv3.com/support.asp
Druss is offline Find More Posts by Druss
Old Sep 28, 2011, 11:33 AM
Indoor RC Hotdog
Joined Aug 2011
270 Posts
Sent that Pm awhile back Druss. Hope everything's ok with you.

Still looking for an inexpensive TX with trainer port for Phoenix sim.

Thanks,

daf