HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:19 PM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Mar 2011
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkis_jackson View Post
I was just wondering a bit about the Flycam blackboard II firmware.
The lastest one on the kkmulticopter.kr site is v1.0, right?

Mine came preflashed with a V1.2, how is that possible?
Are there other firmwares confirmed to be working with this board, from other devs?
Hi, I just received my MCFC, it was loaded with version 1.1.
I could not get GPS to work at all.....always showed number of satellites = 0.

As you say, the only version on the website is 1.0, so I downgraded mine to that and now GPS works !

Haven't had time to fly yet but hopefully will soon.

Cheers Don
don9f is offline Find More Posts by don9f
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 04:10 AM
Joined Apr 2008
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Mr. Minsoo, what about switching from Acro to auto level mode. I have noticed that when I switch ch7 it does nothing. the quad always stays in auto level mode. and in your last post what value of the steps table are you refering too?
Dear Sir
regarding Acro mode, have to set 7'th channel in the Ground Station.
please refer to attached file.

Thanks
Minsoo Kim is offline Find More Posts by Minsoo Kim
Old Oct 11, 2012, 05:02 AM
Joined Apr 2008
269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by don9f View Post
Hi, I just received my MCFC, it was loaded with version 1.1.
I could not get GPS to work at all.....always showed number of satellites = 0.

As you say, the only version on the website is 1.0, so I downgraded mine to that and now GPS works !

Haven't had time to fly yet but hopefully will soon.

Cheers Don
Dear Sir
it is difficult to get the GPs signal at indoor.
please check the blue led whether blinking or lighting at outdoors.

Thanks
Minsoo Kim is offline Find More Posts by Minsoo Kim
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:17 AM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Mar 2011
190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minsoo Kim View Post
Dear Sir
it is difficult to get the GPs signal at indoor.
please check the blue led whether blinking or lighting at outdoors.

Thanks
Hi, I tried outdoors with version 1.1 and could not see any satellites. The blue led just blinked slowly and Groundstation always showed 0 satellites.

When I "downgraded" to version 1.0, all works ok and get 7 or 8 satellites in the same place outdoors

I can't re-try any higher version until released on your website.....but I'm in no hurry.

Thanks Don
Old Oct 15, 2012, 02:41 PM
Joined May 2012
12 Posts
Malfunction as compared to Specifications

Dear Mr. Minsoo,
I am sorry to write you this, but we have suffered disappointments with your products and support so far. April 15 2012 we bought Small Octocopter and BB1 as well as Naviboard etc. It was buildt, tested indoor, and tuned to your specificatins, advice and manuals. We are three people running a small hight tech company. First outdoor flight (we are used to flying several RC-models) ended in catastrofy as shortly after take off all motors accelerated, octocopter climbed uncontrollable and disappeared. It chrashed at a distance of 1.5 km. We believe this was due to firmware bug's. After recovery, we ordered new parts, had the Naviboard upgraded with new barometer. Rebuildt the octocopter, flashed both BB1 and Naviboard with latest available firmware and started again (See this Forum page 92 Report #1378 for spec.details). After serious work adjusting, tuning, checking etc. it now flies in free flight, however there are several malfunctions.

Altitude hold is not working properly. Some times it climbs uncontrollable, some times it descends, all parameters being unchanged between serial takeoff trials. We have spendt hours trying to adjust pot setting gain for FlyCam Sonar. Conclusion: Does not work as specified or expected.

Concerning Position Hold and Return Home, same problem. Some times it hold position for a few seconds, then start flying away. We have cheched carefully with Ground Station and all signals are received from RC-transmitter. Engaging Return home, sometimes it returns against home position, but misses by distances for more than 20 meters, and are unstable localizing home, some times it starts flying away from home position all settings being unchanged. Conclusion: Does not work as specified or expected.

In conclusion our experience is that this product does not work as described, and as we expected when ordering. Your video demo's show very different results as compared to our experience.

I will write you a private e-mail to suggest solutions to the problem, and look forward to you reply.

Regards Ophtalmicus.
Ophtalmicus is offline Find More Posts by Ophtalmicus
Last edited by Ophtalmicus; Oct 16, 2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:01 AM
Joined May 2008
68 Posts
Dangerous

For about a year now or so, we're still trying to setup the navi & the navi2 which minsoo sent couple of months back.
The autolevel seems to work fine but it wont do position hold.
I'm really fed up with this product when this morning while trying to trim it out in flight, it just flipped so fast hitting the ground - dangerous. I didn't do any adjustment recently and the last time was quite ok.
It's really disappointing and i am now quite scared to try it again. This fc is useless, waste of time and dangerous.
Minsoo should give a refund.
On a different route now - bought a rabbit and so far so good.
Give a refund minsoo- how could you sell a product that's not proven to be working well?
ikotikot is offline Find More Posts by ikotikot
Old Oct 19, 2012, 06:21 AM
Norway, Vest-Agder, Kristiansand
Joined Feb 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikotikot View Post
For about a year now or so, we're still trying to setup the navi & the navi2 which minsoo sent couple of months back.
The autolevel seems to work fine but it wont do position hold.
I'm really fed up with this product when this morning while trying to trim it out in flight, it just flipped so fast hitting the ground - dangerous. I didn't do any adjustment recently and the last time was quite ok.
It's really disappointing and i am now quite scared to try it again. This fc is useless, waste of time and dangerous.
Minsoo should give a refund.
On a different route now - bought a rabbit and so far so good.
Give a refund minsoo- how could you sell a product that's not proven to be working well?
I gave up the Blackboard a long time ago.
Bought a Naza with GPS and it flew out of the box.
If you want more options, buy a Wookong.

The Naza has:
RTH, return to home.
Posision hold.
Alltitude hold.
Home lock and coarse lock.
And the best ting. It works.

Naza GPS hovertest (3 min 5 sec)

Here is my hovertest a few minutes after assambly. No tweeking, just stock settings.

I just love it and it is a dream to fly.
Life is to short to mess with useless piece of crap.

Just forget about the Blackboard/Naviboard. Useless.
knupps is offline Find More Posts by knupps
Last edited by knupps; Oct 25, 2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 07:56 AM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,455 Posts
knupps -I have to disagree. I built the black board 2 for my neighbor and it flys very well. it needed some tweeking but gps rth work very well. I used to have the Naza and the WKM. the naza was pretty good. but the for me the WKM was not. it had really bad toilet bowl effect. and was unpredictable. but with all electronics people unfortunatly end up with bad boards. maybe I got lucky. but for the best board. I still have my MK 2.1 and there is nothing that touches it. the MK flys perfect every time with little to no adjustments.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Oct 19, 2012, 08:07 AM
Joined Feb 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
knupps -I have to disagree. I built the black board 2 for my neighbor and it flys very well. it needed some tweeking but gps rth work very well. I used to have the Naza and the WKM. the naza was pretty good. but the for me the WKM was not. it had really bad toilet bowl effect. and was unpredictable. but with all electronics people unfortunatly end up with bad boards. maybe I got lucky. but for the best board. I still have my MK 2.1 and there is nothing that touches it. the MK flys perfect every time with little to no adjustments.
Thats OK tc3wins.
Glad it worked out fine for you, but reading this thread, you find a LOT of frustration.

I am so happy with the Naza GPS. It does the work every time.
Its a thrill every time I fly it and that is the point with this hobby?
Flying FPV is now a walk in the park.

The Blackboard did not do it for me and its put away in a box and will stay there.
Last edited by knupps; Oct 19, 2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:19 PM
United Kingdom, Belper
Joined Mar 2011
190 Posts
Hi, great video there knupps.....definitely a fine setup.....

Today in nice calm conditions, I flew my MCFC board for the first time in my Quadcopter and I have to say it all worked very well. Flights were in a big open field with just a very light breeze. Altitude hold was very precise and position hold was within a couple of metres. RTH was also ok with only slight overshoot etc.

Its a shame so many people seem to be having problems.....it obviously is capable if everything's ok.

Cheers Don
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:41 AM
Joined May 2008
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by knupps View Post
Thats OK tc3wins.
Glad it worked out fine for you, but reading this thread, you find a LOT of frustration.

I am so happy with the Naza GPS. It does the work every time.
Its a thrill every time I fly it and that is the point with this hobby?
Flying FPV is now a walk in the park.

The Blackboard did not do it for me and its put away in a box and will stay there.
i got myself a rabbit and its a charm to fly. at long last i'm satisfied with this board and now setting up a meter octocopter and planning to try out the rabbit in that platform - im feeling lucky about it
but with the navi2 - really scared to touch it again, it happened twice already that it flipped out from the sky without doing anything. also, the PID values on the kkmulticopter website is wrong, but in fairness, the GPS P&D values are ok. but the moment i enter the PID - its uncontrollable.
i've wasted too much time on the navi and never came up with anything - just frustration. it flies ok, quite stable with the navi2....but that's about it, it's not even holding up in the air. and it's weird that it flips out DANGEROUSLY.
i need a refund Minsoo.........i don't wanna waste anymore time on you board - it's far from what you're showing in your website....
ikotikot is offline Find More Posts by ikotikot
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:15 AM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
bad return

hi alls

I come to install my new board MCFC, in the same chassis (motors, esc, etc.) where once stood the navi kk + v1.
I calibrated the *ESCs, calibrated accelerometers, centering sticks, ritual performed for the compass / gps.

and .........

does not take off properly (I can not take off, also loses power) and
begins to rotate (yaw), and tends to push more than one side. I try to fix this by the sticks and nothing, I can not control it properly.

*please see video

I recalibrated everything again and even change the version v1.1 who brought by version 1.0.
PID values ​​have changed attitude (470mm proppeler to center frame)

without success.

please someone can help me!!!

thanks in advance.

*Esc's flashed firm by Simonk (working well with old naviboard)

MCFC v1 (1 min 19 sec)
cafecubain is offline Find More Posts by cafecubain
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:24 AM
Spain (MÓlaga)
Joined Aug 2010
293 Posts
any sugestion please!

i will try to reset the board and restart again,
cafecubain is offline Find More Posts by cafecubain
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:36 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
988 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafecubain View Post
any sugestion please!

i will try to reset the board and restart again,
try a different flight controller!
neobot is offline Find More Posts by neobot
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:56 AM
Joined Feb 2012
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neobot View Post
try a different flight controller!
I agree.......

Time for me is very important.
I try to forget all the time I have wasted on the Blackboard and Navi project.....
Also try to forget all the money spent.

After a short time with the Naza GPS setup I went flying...............
Everything worked fine and I did what I wanted to do all the time:

FLY MY HEXACOPTER

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4185618...in/photostream

PS: After the latest software update the gimbal works great with digital servos at 400Hz.
Last edited by knupps; Oct 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM.